Chapter 1

Nct127: Kim Doyoung FADED

A/N: Hi guys!!! The update is slower than I plan because I'm getting sad while writing this! huhu even though, it was my own choice to make it this way. But of course, spare me for my busy schedules. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! More pain on this story so, I hope to brace yourselves. 

Chapter 2

"Doyoung!" Gongmyung called for his brother's name with panic. 

"Hyung?" Doyoung woke up from his sleep. Compared to his condition before, Doyoung feels more refreshed now. He is supposed to refill his sleep. He looks at his brother with a smile on his face. 

"You smile?" Gongmyung frowned and massaged his temple. He's been here since the second day. He has a shooting this afternoon and tried his best not to look stressed. Dr. Jin called him after his little brother was confined in the hospital. Doyoung sleep for four days! He is so worried because it has never happened before. Doyoung only sleeps for 2-3 days. If he still is not waking up on the fifth day, Gongmyung will lose his mind. He is glad that he woke up at exactly 11:00 am. It's lunchtime but Doyoung looks healthy now that he has enough sleep. He is just a bit frustrated because he learned that his brother got nose bleeding for a long time. 

Dr. Jin called him in the middle of a meeting while reading scripts. Gongmyung is startled that he has minor mistakes while doing work and that makes him more frustrated for not acting professionally. He got scared when the doctor told him that Doyoung is pale compared to the past. He postponed his schedule that day and quickly went to the hospital. Now, staring at his brother smiling at him again, Gongmyung thought that everything that happened for the past few days was just a prank to him. 

"Why Hyung?" Doyoung is still confused because his brother looks more stressed than usual. He wanted to ask him but he's scared to be scolded. 

"Nothing. How are you feeling?" Gongmyung asked in a while. 

"I'm feeling better than before," Doyoung answered in full honesty. It's been a while since he felt good. It put him in a good mood. 

That afternoon, Gongmyung cannot be with him anymore. Mr. Baek, his manager, is with Doyoung while they're at Dr. Jin's office examining him. 

"You're healthy as a bull now, young man." Dr. Jin smirks and looks at Doyoung with affection. 

"Really? I was shocked when I learned that I was out for four days and a half." Doyoung said in a low voice. He is really worried. 

"You gotta learn to drink your vitamins and medication. It is only your lifeline to continue your work." Dr. Jin voices out in a serious tone, his eyes are cold and demanding. Not putting pressure much but he's afraid that he can't hide his worries. 

"I-I'll be careful," Doyoung mumbled and bit his lip. He sure neglected it and it made him guilty. 


"You need to understand that your last attack was crucial. I didn't tell your brother because you've been my patient since you were a child. The protocol is to tell your guardian about your real condition but I'm afraid they will make you quit your job. It takes a lot of toll on your body Doyoung. You cannot be over fatigue but I know that you cannot control it. I suggest the list of food you need to eat and avoid. No more coffee for 14 days, young man." Dr. Jin looks at Doyoung's bewildered face and his manager with a stern face. He wanted to give Mr. Baek the warning of giving Doyoung a lot more care than usual. 

"I understand. Thank you very much, Hyung." Doyoung stood up and bowed to the older doctor. He affectionately called him Hyung to express his gratitude. 

--

"Hyung, when will I be discharged?" Doyoung asked his manager.

"Tomorrow morning. You need to go for one more check-up. Is there a food you like to eat?" Mr. Baek asked him. They reach the room where Doyoung is staying. It's a private room and officially his rented room here in the hospital. Kim's family has arranged it since he was a child. It's a safe place for Doyoung away from the public. 

"Hmm, how're the members?" Doyoung asked after sitting at his bed. He knows that he will be in the hot seat because of his absence for a couple of days. 

"I got a headache because they kept asking about you. I give them excuses but Lee Taeyoung... That rascal..." Mr. Baek paused and looked more stressed now that he mentioned Taeyoung. 

"W-What about Hyung?" Doyoung's nervousness is getting loud because of the latter's name. He's afraid that their leader will pry more than necessary and will know his situation. 

"He called you every hour. I tried to tell him that you're busy with your family issues. He also called Gongmyung and asked him about you. He calls whenever he's not busy. I couldn't even sleep because of the time differences. Lee Taeyoung is like a devil. I brush him off but for the past few days. I could tell that he isn't buying it anymore. He only calms down when your brother talks to him on the phone." Mr. Baek explained with a frown on his face. He looks older now after recalling what happened for the last few days. 

Doyoung feels the lump in his throat. He feels guilty keeping it to his best friend, and their leader. He knows that Taeyoung will understand him and will pity him. But risking it and bringing more stress to is far from Doyoung's plan. He rather kept it to himself than suffer from compassion. Doyoung likes to be treated normally unlike his family who compare him to glass. It made him dizzy but he couldn't control it because he knows how much pain he continues to procure. His hyung didn't say anything to him rather than to remain healthy but he knows very well that his brother is worried about his welfare. He doesn't want to have another Gongmyung in Taeyoung's body caring for him like a fragile being. 

"Typical Hyung." Doyoung brushes off his nervousness and gets his phone to Mr. Baek. The man went outside to bring him the food he requested. Doyoung went to the sofa with the background carefully arranged to make it look like he's in their family house. 

"Hello Hyung?" Doyoung already changes clothes after taking off his hospital outfit. He looks like he just woke up from sleep. His eyes are shining with the light reflection from the sun in his open window. His hair is still wet from the shower. He dialed Taeyoung's number and called him. 

"Doyoung! You punk! Why is it hard to contact you these days?" Taeyoung is giggling when he accepts Doyoung's video call. His background is noisy and Doyoung saw the other members laughing. They look like they are in a hotel suite partying. 

"Sorry Hyung, I got busy. How are you?" Doyoung asked, his face is pale but because of the sunlight, it looks like he is glowing. 

"I'm good. We were having a mini party. Tomorrow we have an interview on national tv. I'm nervous because it's my first time and I can't speak English well." Taeyoung is smiling but his worries are inevitably evident. 

"You know that you can do it, Hyung. You've been working hard since then. Just be confident!" Doyoung happily cheered for his leader and tried his best to look excited and enthusiastic. 

"Yeah. Thank you for the support." Taeyoung's big eyes are beaming with glee. He looks pleased talking with his best friend. 


"Taeyoung! Come here! You're missing the fun!" Doyoung heard someone speaking in the background. Taeyoung's eyes jerked to the person inside who called him. 

"I need to go. Baekhyun Hyung is calling me. We have become close now. He is fun to be with." Taeyoung reported smiling to Doyoung. 

"I'm glad Hyung. Take care there. Hmm." Doyoung said hinting goodbye. He looks fine but deep inside he is nervous. The door opens up and a nurse shows up calling for him. Doyoung's eyes got bigger because of the shock. His phone almost slipped into his hand. He makes eye contact with a nurse looking distressed. The nurse looked confused but got his message when he pointed out his phone. She bowed and nodded her head to him. 

"Doyoung? I'm sorry, I really need to go." Fortunately, Taeyoung is distracted. He didn't see Doyoung's expression and ended the call after a moment. Doyoung said his goodbye. 

Doyoung sighs in relief. He explains it to the nurse. She smiles and proceeds to check up on Doyoung. Dr. Jin is strict with those under him. They are trusted not to speak about the patients. She knows the protocol and tried to apologize to Doyoung. Doyoung converse with her and tell her it's fine. After more minutes, she walks out of the room leaving Doyoung alone. In the room that he spends his life more frequently. The interior changes over the years and it looks more like his room in his home than a hospital private room. Doyoung remembers spending his childhood here, waiting for his brother to play with him and when Gongmyung reached middle school, the visit became one time on the weekdays but his brother made sure to be with him at weekends. 

He became healthy after high school and since he's interested in music, he started to attend classes learning until he auditioned for the agency. Doyoung spent his life meticulously and carefully. He is thankful to his family's support for his passion and the company's president for allowing him to have privileges like having a check-up once a week on his trainee days. But, after years of struggling, his body became customized to the vitamins and medications. It helped him to have a normal life but there were days when his body was agonizing and nose bleeding. He can't escape it and that's why Doyoung feels vulnerable on those days and no one is by his side. s aren't prying into his life because he made it that way. He was saved because of it many times like today. Doyoung sigh, he needs to be back to work. He hopes that nothing major happened. He honestly is tired of it now.