Chapter 25

Nct127: Kim Doyoung FADED

A/N: Hi guyssss! I know I uploaded the chapter later than the schedule and I apologize for that. FADED is one of the series I like the most because I experimented with Doyoung's personality and this story plot too. I only plan this as a one-shot but I couldn't help myself writing for more and I think I only have 2 more chapters for it to end. Yeah, guysss finally!!! The chapter is the Ending and the Epilogue. I hope you enjoy the story so far... hohoho (I don't want... to end it yet but I needed to. lol) 

Enjoy reading! 

---

Chapter 25

Doyoung opened the door in the toilet and went looking for a mirror to see his back because of the aching that brushes every time his clothes touch his skin. He whimpered in pain while slowly grabbing the helm of his hospital gown. Doyoung's eyes widened in shock when he saw a big orb of purple lying against his back, residing hideously at the upper part of his right shoulder. There's a big bruise on his white pale skin, making him softly wheeze. Dr. Jin told him about it a while ago but Doyoung did not expect to have these kinds of bruises. It looks painful as if someone just punches him or an object presently harms his back. 

He heard footsteps and quickly covered his bruises and muttered a moan because of the sudden movement. His back is painful and Doyoung is having a hard time lying down. Now he needs to change his sleeping position because of this absurd scrape.

Doyoung decided to let it go for now and go out of the toilet. He opens the door and only to be seen by two pairs of eyes that watch him with longing. Doyoung found s Yuta and Jaehyun looking at him with awe. He smiled and greeted them. 

"It took you guys long enough." He walks to the two men and hugs them each. 

"Hyung... Are you okay?" Jaehyun asks, still not sure how to touch Doyoung with his fragile state. 

"I am doing fine," Doyoung answered directly but with a bit of hesitation in his voice. 

"We heard everything," Yuta says, not afraid that it might upset Doyoung. 

The silence follows but Doyoung already expected this to happen. He knows it will happen soon but Doyoung is still stuffed, irk feelings he cannot push away even knowing the inevitable.


"I'm sorry," Doyoung whispers, but Yuta's expression is soft. He is done blaming anyone. The only thing that matters now is the safe Doyoung. 


"It's fine. I understand. I'm glad you're safe." Yuta mutters, Jaehyun smiles and his dimples show up, bringing the nostalgic expression to Doyoung. He will miss them for sure. 


That day they made a truce to not blame anybody and Yuta tells Doyoung stories. Jaehyun was being teased for crying often. The fans did not know the side of Jaehyun. He is so pure and sensitive. He cares a lot for the people that are important to him and Doyoung is one of them. They catch up like nothing major happened. The room is surrounded by voices that Doyoung misses the most even if he doesn't admit it. 


"Are you sure you're fine alone here hyung? I can stay here. We don't have an early schedule tomorrow." Doyoung grinned at Jaehyun's confused face. He hugs the younger and whispers something before pulling and hugs Yuta before he says his goodbye. 


"I'll be fine. Sleep, you look tired to me." Jaehyun automatically pouts after hearing his hyung nagging again. He nodded and smiled at him instead. 


"We will visit again tomorrow. I'm not sure about the time though." Yuta smirks, "It's not easy to get rid of us, Doie." Doyoung furrowed his brow after hearing Yuta's words. He knew very well what he was implying but Doyoung just nodded in acknowledgment. He feels it too. The gravity pulling them down and how much the members were tense while having a conversation with him. 

"I'm sorry..." Doyoung whispers in a low voice. The door is already closed and the two men won't hear him anymore but Doyoung wanted to indirectly apologize. He needs to... because the decisions he will choose mean breaking them and his heart too. 

--

Dr. Jin visited Doyoung that night. The bruises also showed up on his left arm to his wrist. It is like a map of significant treasure and Doyoung wishes to cover it so badly but fails when Dr. Jin checks his body up as if expecting it to happen the soonest. 


"These bruises are like mushrooms, they will show up not until your body recovers from the fatigue... You look like a bear but I guess your inside still needs more nutrients. You're low too." Dr. Jin says while writing something to a paper. something like a record note. 

"I will go," Doyoung mutters absentmindedly. 


"What?" Dr. Jin's eyes widened but after a few seconds, he nodded. 

"I think it's time to get rid of this curse on me." He said casually but Dr. Jin knows how much it affects Doyoung. 

"Tell me the truth... What exactly are you thinking?" Dr. Jin stops analyzing his records by putting them down on the side bed. He looks at Doyoung with a serious face, no emotions written. 


"I-I'm scared, hyung... To the members, to the fans... To my dream." He grimaced and tears started to form into the corner of his eyes. 

 

"What if the cure didn't work and I left for nothing? Or I will be cured but if I come back... Everything changes... like I won't fit in anymore... That the members will forget about me, the fans... I... I don't know what to do... I'm so scared," says Doyoung while sobbing. He wipes his tears but it keeps coming, now he sees his wrist having bruises and Doyoung can't keep his emotions. He feels terrified. 

 

"As your doctor, I have seen you work hard despite your illness, Doyoung. Your passion is greater and I witness everything, even if you made me work overtime because of your stubbornness... Your group loves you, that's why I did not hold back informing them of your condition if you allowed me to. I also know that you care for the fans but Doyoung... As your doctor, your hyung. Please... I know it sounds unprofessional, but I always always like you to think of yourself more... Your health is my priority and I am happy that you choose this, telling me that you will go. Thank you." Dr. Jin holds his hand and smiles at him. 

 

Doyoung understands his doctor's concerns. His family is suffering too, and maknae, Jaemin. He couldn't afford to burden them and kept being worried when he experienced attacks. He needs to sacrifice and have faith in the people who love him as Kim Doyoung, a member of NCT. It's scary but deep inside his heart...  He wishes to be normal... He spends his childhood praying to be cured. And now his chance. It might sound selfish and he knows many people will get hurt but..  Doyoung has been waiting for this all his life. On numerous tormented nights, he thought that he would agree to it quickly if he had this opportunity but Doyoung did not know how heavy this was... Leaving s for a year or maybe more? He didn't know! It hurts him, he didn't know that it affects him so much that he started to feel anxious. He sighs and looks at Dr. Jin. He needs to do what is right and that's to do his best to be healthy so he won't hurt more people. 


--

Dr. Jin is long gone and Mr. Baek is here to visit him. He plans to tell him his plan but he feels like he needs to talk with someone first, making amends... 


"Hyung..." Doyoung called his manager. 

 

"Can you call Taeyong hyung? I want to talk to him... Also, I like it on the rooftop." Doyoung mumbles and anxiously gazes at his manager. 


"It's that all?" He asked. 

 

"Yes. Thank you hyung." Doyoung stood up and got his jacket. His heart is beating faster but Doyoung is determined. He needs to talk with his best friend.