Chapter 13

Nct127: Kim Doyoung FADED

Chapter 13

Doyoung eats the last fruit that he prepares for himself. It's been three weeks since his hiatus and Doyoung is beyond bored! He refused to come home with his parents so he arranged with his older brother. He's been living with him since then. 

 

His brother is living in a large apartment he secretly purchased a long time ago. It is still in Seoul but near the boundaries of provinces. Doyoung did not step outside unless it was dark. He's afraid that someone will recognize him. The neighbors are not bad, they have their own life and Doyoung can live in peace but it's too peaceful! He misses the members, the practice, the dorms. Jaemin also visited him last week but they only play games. It was supposed to be a secret so Jaemin did not stay long. Doyoung also owned a new phone while his old one was kept by his manager Mr. Baek. 


He wanted to text the members but Mr. Baek forbade him until it's the fourth week. Doyoung stayed sleeping, eating, watching a movie marathon, and so on. He feels okay and the medicine isn't affecting him vastly. He has recovered but the people around him are so overprotective. 

 

Doyoung is rolling to his bedroom when he received a message from Jaemin


From Na Jaemin


Hyung, They told Taeyong hyung about the toilet incident. I heard from Mr. Baek that Taeyong hyung cried.


-End-


Doyoung read the message and all of the guilty feelings were drawn to him. The members, according to Mr. Baek, keep asking about him and for the past weeks, Mr. Baek convinces him to stay quiet as much as he can. 


beep


From Na Jaemin

Mark, Ten, and Lucas were also with Taeyong hyung when they video call but I'm not sure if they were notified. Are you okay Hyung?


-End-


Doyoung didn't overthink it anymore. He replied quickly. Who cares if they scold him after? s are suffering and Doyoung couldn't take it any longer. He needs to at least text them that he is fine. 

 

From Doyoung

Jaemin-ah, send me their numbers. 


-End-

 

Minutes of thinking about what to write... Doyoung types his first message and sends it to the members. 

 

--


Taeyong opened the text only to see that it was from an unknown number. He hesitated because what if it's from a sasaeng fan?


Unknown number xxx xxx xxx

Don't worry guys. I am fine. I'm sorry for not reaching out. 


-Kim Doyoung


Taeyong's heart thumps loudly, he's about to call the number when the members' Ten, Lucas, and Mark appear at his door. 

 

"I received a text. It's from him, right? Ten quickly shows his phone to Taeyong to check if he received the same number with the same content as Ten. Taeyong confirmed the number.

 

"I will call him." Taeyong dialed the number. 


--

Taeil is busy watching the practice video. The members are busy dancing when his phone vibrates. From an unknown number. 


Taeil isn't thinking much when he clicks the message but shouts when he reads the content. 

 

"Phone! Open your phone guys!" The members were surprised when  Taeil shouted. He looked aggravated with concern, the members followed him to get their phone.


'Gasp'


"This punk! I will call him." Johnny looks happy when he reads the content. He's about to reply when Taeil receives a video call from an unknown number.


--


"Hello, orebun." Doyoung cheeks glow because of the shade light coming from the sun. He stayed at the veranda of his Hyung apartment. He decided to create a video call between Taeyong and Taeil. He's sure that the members are with them. 

 

"Kim Doyoung!!!!!!!!" Doyoung covers his ears because of the members' loud voices. He feels dizzy when everyone talks at once. 

 

"Calm down, I'm here. My ears will break because of you!" Doyoung felt guilty after seeing the members looking at him with fascination. 

 

"What guys? Did you miss me that much? haha just joking!" Taeil started to tear up and that caught Doyoung off guard. His smile vanishes, wavering eyes for a known reason. He forces his bright signature laugh. 

 

"I'm sorry for worrying everyone. I broke my arm." Doyoung tells the truth and the is still on his arm. It's the cause of the incident, rather Doyoung is clumsy enough to slip at the bathtub and his left arm got a mild injury. His body was still healing at that time, that's why his bone dislocated fragility. 

 

"Are you okay?" Taeyong asked, concerned about his voice and the members let their leader converse with Doyoung. 

 

"Sorry, the management forces me to not contact you until the fourth week. But I couldn't do it anymore" Doyoung words are careful, trying to avoid lying as much as he can. 

 

"The blood hyung? What happened-?" Yuta is quick to cover Haechan's mouth but he already said it. Doyoung stiffened but gained his composure quickly. 

 

"What blood Haechanie?" The members' eyes avoided his gaze while Ten's eyes got bigger. He looks at Taeyong while Mark and Lucas leave him speechless because of shock. 

 

"Ah, N-Nothing..." Yuta smiled but he wasn't convincing. Ten also pressed to ask but Taeyong gave him a warning look. 

 

"I don't understand. My arm broke but I never saw blood coming out of it." Doyoung looks innocent and the members exchange their gaze. 

 


"What do you mean? We found your phone swimming in the bathblood Doyoung Hyung!" Jaehyun's voice is frustrated but his words are sharp and upset. 

 

"I have no injury though, are you sure it's mine?" Doyoung won the best actor award when he saw the members' surprise faces. No one knew what happened exactly. The blood is already rinsed for it to check if it's from his veins.


He has no deep injuries for the members to suspect him. The conclusion made them believe that it was not him who bleed with the bloodbath in the toilet. 

 

"My god! Do you know how much stress it causes us?" Johnny's face is surely pissed. Doyoung watches every expression of the members. His eyes read every sentiment they wear. He feels confident, no one is suspecting him anymore. 

 

"I spent weeks doing nothing. I'm sooo frustrated! But anyway, I will be back by next week." Doyoung announced happily. The members took the incident as another mystery in their company.

 

Mr. Baek was surprised when Doyoung said that he contacted the members. He made sure that no one knew that the blood was from him. The members are glaring at him for making them worry and Mr. Baek looks at Doyoung and eats happily after he turns the flow in 360 degrees. 

 

Mr. Baek is amused that Doyoung could get out without a scratch. It's scary and after the brainstorming he did, feeling guilty about the member's emotions and disappointment... This guy who causes it to technically trick s misleads them and takes the heavy emotions he couldn't even touch no matter how he tried. Kim Doyoung is clever and Mr. Baek gulps while watching the younger boy play people on his hand without even trying... 

 

Crazy.'

 

--


"Hyung, will you tell us now what really happened?" Ten is persistent while Mark is still sulking for being left behind. Lucas is just waiting, a composure of an adult that Taeyong must possess. 

 


Taeyong told them the whole story. Lucas and Mark are both surprised but Ten brows furrowed. 

 

"It doesn't make sense." Ten grumbles. Taeyong agreed but Doyoung looked innocent. 

 

"I think that too," Taeyong confesses. Compared to the other members, Ten isn't emotional. He assesses the situation purely before acting. He is the best person to analyze the mystery.

 


"I think someone is after Doyoung," Lucas said out of the blue. Ten and Taeyong look at each other. Pieces of puzzles are still missing but if ever the missing piece is another third party. It will be dangerous for the members. 

 


Taeyong quickly dialed Taeil's number.