Chapter 5

Nct127: Kim Doyoung FADED

Chapter 5

Doyoung feels better after sleeping for the fifth time. His body is healing on its own like a cat. Manager Hyung keeps checking him out and just like that, a day passed. 

 

There are noises in the living room not too far from Doyoung's room. He grabs his phone trying to check notifs and messages. There are lots of them but Doyoung chooses to check the time. It's only 6:00 am, he rises from his bed and goes to the bathroom. 

 

"Doyoung?" Mr. Baek called for him, his eyes traveled to the room and that's when the bathroom door opened. Fresh Doyoung shows up with his jeans and white shirt. His pale skin is glowing, and his cheeks are flushed. Chinky eyes stare at Mr. Baek. 

 

"Hyung." Doyoung just finished choosing his outfit. He likes to wear hoodies but he changes his mind and just wears plain fashion. 

 

"You have scheduled today. Are you okay now?" Mr. Baek's eyes wandered and stopped at Doyoung flushed cheeks, trying his best to find out if there's something wrong. 

 

"Of course, Hyung. I woke up to the noise. Is there something going on?" Doyoung is packing his dark raven jacket while checking his medicines and vitamins. 

 

"Yup. There's a meeting for the upcoming comeback. The schedule isn't released yet but the company is trying to check members' schedules since Mark, Taeyong, and Haechan have promotions." Mr. Baek is waiting for Doyoung and they both leave the room. 

 


"Good morning." Doyoung greeted the members. He received their greetings. 

 

--

Doyoung just finished the meeting and there's a lot of changes to the schedule. He plans to visit Dr. Jin before going home but s asked him for lunch at the nearby restaurant. His phone rings and a message pops out on the screen. 

 

From Byul

Doki, I'm near your place. Can we meet?" 

-End-

Doyoung eyes got bigger. They are already at the restaurant and the members are noisy choosing their orders. Taeil looks at Doyoung's wide eyes. 

 

"Are you okay?" Taeil asked, staring at him with his raven eyes. 

 

"Uhhh, I'm not sure. I need to go to meet someone Hyung." He said while still typing for the reply. 


"What? We're about to eat." Jaehyun and Johnny also look at their side, hearing the conversation between them. 

 

"I am sorry. I need to meet this person." Doyoung said in a weary tone. 

 

"Is everything okay?" Yuta questions him while Doyoung is getting ready to go. 

 

"Yup. Don't worry Hyung." Doyoung waves his hand to the members. Their eyes followed his back, confused looks evident on their faces.

 

"He isn't dating, right?" Johnny jokes to stop the tensions. 

 

"That's impossible," Jaehyun mumbled. His dimples are showing. 

 

"Don't be jealous, hyung. It's Doyoung hyung after all." Jungwoo said and they all laughed. 


"But he's been mysterious for the past days," Yuta mumbled out of the blue. 

 

"He will tell us if something is wrong," Johnny says with finality.


--


"Byul!" Doyoung called his cousin's name. A soft smile formed on her lips while waiting for him to sit across her. 

 

"How are you?" Byul asked after Doyoung settled on his seat. 

 

"Just barely getting by." Doyoung looks sharp but he was awkward telling her his condition. He's afraid that his cousin will feel bad for him. 

 


"Let's order first? Americano?" Byul suggests after hinting at her cousin's awkwardness. 

 


"I can't, hmm how about pineapple juice?" Doyoung smiles and lets Byul order for them. 

 


"Tell me about your condition Doyoung. It's been a while since we talked about it. I miss you." Byul soft eyes stare at her cousin's pale face. She checked him from time to time but their schedules did not let them meet often. Doyoung also has schedules abroad which sometimes they meet but only for a moment. 

 


"I have an attack. It's more serious than before, the schedules are killing me." Doyoung lowered his eyes, afraid to be scolded by his cousin. He also tells her everything he felt after waking up for 4 days and a half. The medicine's side effects on his body. 

 


"Isn't it dangerous? I will call Dr. Jin right now!" Byul cheeks flushed, her eyes are mad and Doyoung holds her phone to prevent her from calling the doctor. 

 


"Jeez! Dr. Jin said it's only normal because my body isn't used to it yet" Doyoung explained but still held his cousin's phone, afraid that she would call the doctor. 

 


"Are you kidding me Kim Dongyoung?! 20 minutes! You said you hardly breathe and the pain is excruciating! No, I need to call your doctor, or else I will drag you to the hospital right now!" Byul eyes are furring red. Doyoung knows his cousin's temper. She's a pain in the if she's mad and his hyung also can't handle her. The brothers are afraid of Byul's temper. She once fought with the nurse after giving Doyoung the wrong medicine, he remembered vomiting for an hour and Byul sued them, turning the hospital upside down. Doyoung recalls how it became a hot topic. It settled afterward though. 

 


"Alright. But Can you be polite to Dr. Jin? You know that he only wishes the best for us. He even sent you flowers after your recovery." Doyoung mumbles and hands the phone to his cousin. 

 


"Don't worry," Byul said, frowning.

 


"He said to visit him this weekend," Byul said her eyes are strangely red. Doyoung didn't hear their conversation because Byul chose to talk outside. Her emotions are showing and Doyoung felt the pain that she only heard bad news from his doctor. 

 


"Hey, Are you crying?" Doyoung sees raw tears from his cousin's pink cheeks. He anticipates it but even before, Byul is the only person who cried for his pain. She looks like his twin. Doyoung also knows that He can't do anything to comfort her. She will only cry for more if he talks to her or tries to reassure her. 

 


"I'm not. Give 2 minutes." Byul said in a hoarse voice. Trying her best to stop the tears. 

 

They are both quiet until Byul stops crying. Doyoung asked his cousin to treat him to mend their mini-reunion and Byul is more than willing to spend for her cousin's demand. 

 

Byul also told Doyoung that she will accompany him at the weekend. Doyoung wanted to say no but his cousin is equally stubborn like him. He just sighs and lets her do whatever she likes. 

 

--


Doyoung went home to the dorm. It's already 5:00 pm and he knows that some of the members also are home to consume their rest at least until they become busy again. 


To Doyoung's surprise, Jaemin, Chenle, Jeno, Jisung, and Renjun are all in their dorm. It's quite a big crowd and it made their living room smaller than originally. The Dreams greeted him with enthusiasm and that made Doyoung smile. He felt happy seeing his dongsaengs. 

 


"Doyoung Hyung, We miss you!" Jeno said and hugged Hyung, while Jaemin was smiling watching them. 

 


"We came here to eat. Haechan loses to the bet and he's rarely spending time with the Hyungs. We plan to make him pay for all of us." Chenle is snickering while explaining their visits. 

 

"Ohh, That's cool and kind of you guys." Doyoung retorted, showing his soft laugh to the youngsters. 

 


Doyoung felt dizzy after talking to the members. He escaped and went to his room. He was only a second late before entering the bathroom. Blood promptly shows from his nose. He frowned after seeing it, with a slight panic. It's dangerous! If he doesn't excuse himself, The members will see his nose bleeding. He does the practice posture Dr. Jin told him since he was a child. He's breathing slowly using his mouth to calm his nerves. 

 


Doyoung is slightly bending while blood is still dripping from his nose. He only needs a minute and it will automatically stop. He mentally notes to call his doctor regarding this. Doyoung closes his eyes, the faucet is full of blood, and his mind isn't focusing. He feels dizzy and disoriented but Doyoung is used to this. He solely can take care of himself but the door in his bathroom opened wide. A pair of brown eyes with shock all over his face appeared before Doyoung. He quickly grabs him inside and locks the door. 

 


Doyoung grip is hard and heavy. He knows that he's hurting him but he can't let him go. His hand is shaking, He is shaking! Doyoung planted unemotional eyes and pleaded that he can talk to without him spilling his secret.