I'm In Love A King

I'm In Love With A King

The next morning, I awoke to see all of the others sprawled out on the blanket. Onew was lying on his back, his legs spread apart and his left arm smack dab in Jonghyun's face. Jonghyun lay under Onew's hand, his right arm supporting Key's head. Key lye next to me on his side, his face laying on his hands like an angel. I giggled and sat up and stretched my arms as high as they would go.

I looked around the room to Minho still in the same position that he was in when we all fell asleep. He had dark circles around his eyes as he leaned against the back wall of the house, facing a window. His eyes were like tiger's, intimidating and fierce. I looked to his side to see Taemin sprawled out on the hard floor, dead asleep. His hair was ruffled while his lips were slightly parted, occasionally letting out soft snores and mumbles.

I quickly walked over to Minho and knelt down next to him. I frowned at the sight of seeing him like this. I grabbed his shoulder and gently touched him. He jumped suddenly as if he hadn't noticed I was even there. I back away a little as he turned his head to face me. I sighed and sat down next him, grabbing his hand in the process.

I patted my lap and gestured him to lay down. He gently shook his head in refusal as he kept his eyes straight outside of the window. I frowned and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Minho...sleep." I pleaded as i couldn't see him in this kind of state. He looked down suddenly and nodded his head as if he were a child admitting he had done something wrong. I smiled, and pulled his head to gently lay in my lap while I kept watch. I ran my fingers through his dark locks, twisting and twirling them as I went.

For a while, he fussed and mumbled in attempting to refuse sleep. I only smiled at these small attempts as he was clearly losing the fight. Not too long after, he had finally dozed off. Here and there, if you listened carefully, you could hear him mumble anf hiss. But, one particular comment caught my attention. Out of no where, he spoke. It was hardly audio able, but I could tell what he said,

"Min...I'm...sorry.."

He whispered out as he squinted his eyes in his sleep as if he were trying to escape a nightmare. My face softened as I continued to run my fingers through his hair, shushing him here and there to remain asleep. I felt like a mother of some sort as he acted like a baby when he slept. I giggled at the thought and looked at the others as they slept peacefully.

~~~

Quite some time later, sure enough, the others started to wake up one by one.

First Jonghyun woke up, he scanned the room acting like he hadn't remembered where he was. But, the realization came to him and just rubbed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair. He got up quickly and stopped in his tracks when he saw me awake with Minho in my lap.

"Ah, sorry. I didn't know you had waken up yet." He said as he rubbed the back of his head shyly.

"Ah, don't worry about it." I whispered as I looked down at Minho. Jonghyun got the hint and tip toed carefully to the window, admiring the outside. He sighed quickly after and leaned his body against the window panel.

"Have you guys seen anything suspicious yet?" He whispered once again as he stared out the window, running his finger against the glass.

"Not yet.." I whispered back in a happy tone, trying to hide the worry in my body had succumbed to. I stared back at Minho, carefully keep an eye on him to make sure he was okay. His current state quite frankly had me worried. He looked like a ghost of some sort. After all, he was the leader and needed much rest like everyone else.

Jonghyun looked at Minho and slightly smirked, escaping a quiet giggle.

"He still hasn't changed." He said with a chuckle and a smirk. I only looked up at him and smiled.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"When we were young, I was transferred to the mansion to still keep guard of Minho, even as children. My family was poor and made a deal with Minho's father. I would stay at the mansion, while my parents would recieve money in return. Even as children, he tried his best to act manly and to hide his family, as that was how his family made him. They molded him to never example his feelings to anyone. From time to time, whenever he would fall ans scrape his knee, he turned into a child. Just as he does today. He puts on a masculine front, but when he's hurt, he lets down his barrier."

After Jonghyun spoke, a point in time popped into my head as I recalled a similar time. It was all when Minho had asked me about Key and I's relationship. He got on his knees and held me tightly, crying in my arms. Indeed he was hurt, and just like Jonghyun said, his front automatically switched off.

Jonghyun's POV

As I told Min these things, I stopped myself form actually revealing how I had known this much about Minho.As a child, I had to be around Minho constantly for protection. It was always unusual when he wasn't around. Countless times after I had search for him, I had walked in on Minho's beatings. I witness several blows that his parents had given him, over and over. Each time, they just shushed me away. Always, I waited for him outside of whatever room they kept him in.

Every single time, Minho would walk out of the room wiping his tears way. He stood tall and acted as if nothing had happened. It never failed that each time I stood there wide eyed, recalling everything that he had just went through and still he kept on his exterior as if his life depended on it.

Although I had a kind of hatred towards my family for selling me for money, I always remembered that I least I wasn't beaten and tortured like a slave of some sort. Although, even as much as you try to remember you could have had it worse, it doesn't always help the feelings that you actually have. Regardless whether or not I was beaten, I still had my own problems.

Every night, I couldn't help but remember the day I was whisked away from my own home. I was sleeping peacefully on my mattress that lye on the dirty stone flooring. I heard sounds coming from the front door. My eyes burst open as I heard footsteps approaching my room quietly but quickly. I couldn't even describe the feeling of fear that had surround me.

Before I knew it, the two men had brutally whisked me from my bed. I fought and kicked for my life as I wasn't sure what was happening to me. They quickly held my legs and arms down as one picked me up delivering small blows to my legs along the way. I screamed and cried with all of my might. They eventually carried me to the front door, my screaming continuing.

As they left, I reached out for my mother, her eyes full of tears. I called for the names and cried and begged to stay. As I child, I didn't know what was happening. I promised my mother I'd be a good boy if I could stay as I cried and yelped. They only ignored my requests as my father comforted my mother and slammed the door without looking back.

Even now as an adult, I knew what my family sacrified and they did what they thought was best. But I knew better. I knew that somehow any way you could put it...

It was never right...

 

A/N: Ah so, I've given you guys Jonghyun;s background. Sorry if it was ever offensive (Applying to the other character's backgrounds as well.) And, I hope it wasn't too harsh. But, as well, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!  I'm pretty worried about my new story I've been working on. This story had so many views and subscribers and such, but my newer story isn't doing so hot. Should I wait or just discontinue it? Hmm..

Please Comment And Subscribe!

I love you all!

Heart gif