01

This Is Not What I Expected

-Chapter 01-

 

 

-----

 

“……………… So guys, since the summer break is already near, I want you to read a novel during the break and report it to me once we meet again weeks later. Report it in English okay?”

“Neh!” The class answered cheerfully, waiting for Mr. Byun to get lost because today was the last day of school. Mr. Byun got up from his seat then walked away from our class, that’s when my fellow classmates started to cheer and asked their friends if they had plan something for summer break. Me myself hadn’t plan anything for the summer break. If I looked back to my previous summers, maybe I would have just stayed at home for weeks or came over to my friends’ house to have a little chat. Beaches, pools, or other places where people spent their time during summer weren’t interest me. I’m just that lazy to get out from my house and spend some quality time with my friends. But if I wanted to go, I would definitely go.

I packed my things up before leaving the class then made my way to the lobby where my best friends waited for me. They were my best friends from middle school, we used to be in the same class during freshman year, but this year, we didn’t get to be in the same class. I was so sad when I knew about this because I didn’t have so many friends in Daewon High, but as time goes by, I’m getting used to the atmosphere of my class and I got some new friends from it.

When I arrived at the lobby, Chohee and Ae Cha couldn’t be seen anywhere, so I guess they hadn’t come yet? Standing awkwardly near the doorway, I started to play with my phone because I was too shy to see what everyone’s doing. I hope my best friends would come really soon because my brother and his popular friends were walking on my direction, or the doorway to be exact. I don’t really like my brother’s friends since they were really cocky and mean to their juniors, but strangely I’m their only exception. Maybe my brother had threatened them to not hurt me or play with me. It’s so obvious right? I mean, he’s my brother after all. Like it or not, brother would always protect their dongsaengs.

“Soyoung-ah!” I heard him called my name. I looked up from my phone and tilted my head.

“What?” I asked him, feeling a little bit annoyed because of his call.

He stepped forward to me and ruffled my hair. “I just want to ask you what are you doing here, alone and stand awkwardly near the doorway, is that wrong?”

“Definitely. I don’t want to be bothered by you.” He chuckled lightly.

“Wae? Am I a disease to my sister? That hurts…” I rolled my eyes as he pretended to be hurt.

“Just go away okay? I’m waiting for Chohee and Ae Cha if that’s what you want to know.” His face lit up as I mentioned Chohee on our conversation. I wish I didn’t mention her name earlier…

“Ah! So you’re waiting for Chohee and Ae Cha? I bet you need a good company Soyoung-ah and that person would—“

“No.” I cut him off, crossing my hands in front of my chest. He pouted.

“You know how I feel about her, why do you act like you are her guard?”

“Because that’s what friends are for.”

“But I’m not a bad guy!” I raised a brow. “Oh really?”

“Of course! Who told you I’m a bad guy huh?” He asked me, circling his hand on my shoulders as he scanned the lobby. I shook my head.

“No one.” I said while trying to escape from his hold, which succeed. And that’s when I saw him walking from the third grader’s hallway with my brother’s best friend whom I didn’t know really well.

He had his first two buttons of his uniform off, making us feel the bad boy vibes when he walked through the hallway with his usual expression. Straight face. I looked at him in awe as he approached my brother who was still standing beside me with a huge smile plastered on his dumb face. If it was not because of his indirect help by bringing my prince charming to here, maybe I would have kicked his out of here and ran away as far as I could from him. Chohee and Ae Cha would understand if I told them about my reasons, they already knew how weird my brother was so that’s okay.

“Yah. Why did you ditch our practice yesterday? I thought I had say how important this competition is?” My prince charming said, crossing his arms in front of his chest just like I did earlier. My brother chuckled.

“I know I know, but yesterday my mom forced me to take her to the mall. How could I say no?”

“But you already promised to come Taemin-ah, you should have told me.” Taemin sighed.

“Alright, I’m sorry okay? I didn’t mean to ditch our practice. No hard feelings?” He pulled his right hand in front of the prince charming’s body and they shook hands. I, who stood beside my brother, slowly took a step backward and walked away from the scene before Chohee and Ae Cha came just to make the atmosphere more awkward.

Before I really walked out from the scene, I could’ve sworn I saw my brother’s best friend staring at me intensely and smirk. The kind of smirk that sent you chills through your spine. And I think he just sent me one.

 

-----

 

I couldn’t get that smirk out of my mind.

He sure had a good looks and shapes for a guy, but the way he stared at me earlier was really scary and something seemed a bit off from him. He often went to my house after school to finish his homework or just hanging around with my brother, but I never really interacted with him. As you can see, I don’t really like my brother and his friends (except for my prince charming OF COURSE), so I never paid attention to that guy until now.

I had call Chohee earlier and she said she and Ae Cha were hanging out in the library because when they arrived at the lobby, they saw me and the three flower boys chatting, so they decided to just wait for me in the library. When I stepped in to the library, I immediately spotted my best friends sitting near the big window with papers scattered around the table. I assumed they were doing their homework while waiting for me to finish my business with Taemin. Ae Cha was the first one to recognize me, she waved her hand to me and motioned me to sit with them. Once I seated on one of the chair, Chohee and Ae Cha started to ask me about what happened earlier, so I told them about Taemin tried to show his loving side to me and him having a big dance competition next week.

Ae Cha put her chin over her hands and sighed dreamily. “Those three are really cool, aren’t they? You’re so lucky to have a brother like Taemin sunbae-nim, Soyoung-ah. I’m serious.” I scoffed. How could she think of something like that? I don’t get where the lucky part of being Lee Taemin’s little sister.

“Taemin sunbae-nim is a really good brother, he loves you and he doesn’t try to hide it. Sometimes I would question myself why are you so mean to your brother like he’s some kind of disease…”

“Because he’s one.” Chohee shook her head in disagree, but didn’t try to go against me like she always did. I looked at Ae Cha for help, but she just shrugged and smiled innocently. I sighed.

“Just forget it okay? I have an announcement to make…” Chohee and Ae Cha quickly stopped at what they were doing and started to focus on me. I smiled.

“I’ve had this plan running around in my head for a couple of weeks now and today, I finally decided to do it. I’m not quite sure if this plan would reach my expectation, but I’m willing to do it.” They raised their eyebrows together and asked me what the plan was. Not answering their question, I opened my school bag and brought a piece of paper with red ribbon circled it. Chohee widened her eyes and said, “Love Letter?” I nodded.

“I will put this letter in his locker today, what do you think?”

“What?”

“Are you serious?” They asked in unison. I nodded in excitement and leaned forward to make this conversation more private.

“I know he will come back to his locker before he goes home. Since he usually got out of school at five, I still have 15 more minutes to put this in his locker.”

“You have his locker key?!” Ae Cha asked. I shook my head.

“No. But I have my ways~” I said, grinning widely as the thought of being my prince’s princess appeared in my head. Chohee checked her wristwatch and nudged me.

“Shouldn’t you be in front of his locker right now? It’s already 4.50PM…”

“, I forgot. I’ll see you guys later!” I ran out of the library and quickly made my way to the third grader’s hallway where my prince charming’s locker located. To be honest, I don’t really know which one was his locker….. I only knew that his locker was not quite far from his homeroom and it was near the toilet. I rummaged my blazer pocket and pulled a bobby pin from it.

You know what I would do with that bobby pin.

The third grader’s hallway was really empty, I couldn’t help but to run to his locker once I stepped in to the hallway. There are four lockers that I assumed to be his locker. I tried to remember where he usually stood whenever he wanted to put something in his locker, but I couldn’t tell. I checked my wristwatch in panic just to find that I only have three minutes left before he came to his locker. The sound of footsteps were heard, I quickly unlocked the nearest locker and put the love letter in it.

Once he arrived at the hallway, I was already hiding inside the toilet, waiting for him to finish his business.

“What is this?” Someone asked, but I couldn’t tell who he was. The other guy chuckled.

“Just another love letter from your fans huh? hahaha~”

“Shut up~” I didn’t hear anything. Maybe my prince charming was reading the letter? I was about to peek from the door when I heard a loud bang from the outside.

“Kaja, Taemin is waiting outside.”

“A-ah, okay…” Then they walked away from their lockers, leaving me breathless in the toilet because I’m sure the letter has landed in the right hand.

But why did his voice sounded a little bit deeper and calmer than before?

 

-----

 

A/N: was it good? lawl, i hope you enjoy the first chapter! thanks for those who have subscribed to this story or just read the foreword, i hope to see more comments from you guys teehee :D

i'll try to update this as soon as i can sooooo, be patient :)