24

This Is Not What I Expected

--Chapter 24--

 

 

-------

 

Kai’s POV

 

What did I just do?

After three months of being together I, Kim Jongin, finally let the special one go and run to my best friend’s arms.

 I knew this would coming sooner or later, but I never thought it would be this hard. Not only for me, but also for her. The tears that fell to her cheeks earlier almost made my inner beast wanted to forget the rules, forget what I had to do because I want to have her for myself. Love is complicated, isn’t it?

To all of you who was curious about how did I know where Sehun and Soyoung were, I knew it from my sister. Yes, the evil one. She told me about Soyoung cheating on me and went to the Han River for a date which made me worried yet I knew I shouldn’t be mad. He was her crush anyway, why would I be jealous right?

But I like her. I’ve liked her ever since I came to her house and saw her trueself. She was bubbly, straightforward, sarcastic, but she is all I needed. Soyoung is not perfect—nobody’sperfect—and I like her along with her flaws. Maybe my feeling for her couldn’t be called a crush anymore.

Maybe it is love.

To be honest, Soyoung wasn’t my first girlfriend nor she was my first love. She was someone that I met in the right situation, but not in the right time. I knew she already had a crush on Sehun when we first met, but I never thought she would send him a love letter. And knowing Sehun secretly liked her too made me feel like I need something to seperate them apart.

Yeah, I’m the bad guy here but I need to have her. No matter what happened.

When I found her love letter on my locker, I was a little bit shock. It was a little bit cheesy and , but it was really cute. Soyoung never showed her cute side to people, I thought she was deeply in love with Sehun and would never stop until she could make him mine, so I planned the boyfriend-girlfriend stuff to make her fall for me.

Seeing our relationship went down the drain, I couldn’t help but to think I had failed to make her fall for me. Sure she was sheding tears when I told her I wanted to break up, but it was because she didn’t want to hurt my feelings right? You know, like that sad song that she usually played in her iPod.

I don’t have the heart to hurt you, but I don’t have the heart to love you or something.

But she didn’t knew I liked her that time, could it be she liked me too? Nah, I doubted that. I saw her hugging Sehun today and judging from the way they hugged, I think they were already a couple. The way his hands circled around her waist...... The way she placed her arms around his neck, how could I not think of them being together?

Stop thinking about her, Jongin, she’s not yours anymore.

 

 

 

 

Jongin. She was the only girl that allowed to call me by my real name beside my sisters and mom. Soyoung never called me with oppa, but with her calling me by my real name was already enough for me.

 It was only three hours after the break up, but I already miss her. I knew I shouldn’t miss her, but I just can’t help it. After all, I’ve had a huge crush on her for years, how could I not miss her right? Sighing, I stood up from my bed and grabbed my leather jacket before stepping out of my room. Once I opened the door, my second older sister, Hana was standing right in front of my room with a worried expression on her face.

 “No need to worry Hana, I’m perfectly fine.” I forcefully smiled and gave her a thumb up, but I knew she didn’t believe me. She always knew what I had in mind even though I never told her. She punched my chest.

“Awww! What was that for?!”

“For being so stupid, Jongin.”

“What did I do to you?!” I asked her as she punched my arm this time. She stared right at my eyes and sighed.

“I wonder what our Mom ate when she carried you in her stomach. You sure are the dumbest person I’ve ever met in my entire life.”

“Noona, what is it?”

 

 

“If you love someone, don’t ever let her go. No matter how hard the situation is, you will always by her side.” She looked away. “I’ve heard everything from Ah Ra, do you know that she was just bluffing? Yeah, your girlfriend was there with—“

“Ex-girlfriend.”

“.....Ex-girlfriend was there with Sehun, but she wasn’t cheating! She even sa—“

“I don’t wanna hear. Just save it to yourself Noona, me and Soyoung are over.” I put on my leather jacket and walked downstairs to get my motorbike. My sister was trailing behind me as she tried to tell me about what Ah Ra said, but it wouldn’t change a thing of course. She likes him, he likes him back, it was really obvious they were going to be together in the end of the story, why would I want to hear something that wasn’t important?

Besides that, I really need to focus on the final exam. My days as a high school student is going to an end on January which was two months away from now. I would be going to San Francisco next february to prepare myself for studying in Haas School of Business, University of California Berkeley next year.

Dan wanted me to take his place in the company, that’s why he forced me to study hard so I can enter UC Berkeley next year. The thoughts of leaving Seoul and its memories....

The thoughts of living my good friends behind....

The thoughts of living her.... I don’t want to leave everything behind.

I wanted to study here with my friends, grew together, went to various night clubs together, and witnessed how they found their true loves once we got older. But everything had settled. I had to leave everything behind and lived for the future me.

Kim Jongin, the CEO of SK group.

Or maybe another future had waited for me.

 

Kim Jongin.

The husband of Lee Soyoung.

Who knows?

 

 

-------

 

A/N: i was listening to SJ-M's Destiny when I wrote this chapter, so if I made you cry again (i saw all of your comments lol) i'm so sorry :( I think I will end this story soon. Maybe 3 or 4 more chapters more but I don't know~ I will make another fic after this and I hope you will read it too!

Thank you for all of your supports! I really appreciate all the comments and loves you gave to this story, you guys are the best :D

Comments and subscribers are loved <3