02

This Is Not What I Expected

-Chapter 02-

 

-----

 

 

I woke up the next morning with a new feeling crept up on my heart and I didn’t like it. At all.

The feeling that I felt was not a pleasant feeling, it was a feeling when you knew something bad would happen and I think this had something to do with my love letter. Today, I’m going to meet my prince charming at the playground nears our school to know his answer about the love letter I gave to him yesterday. I’ve written the place and time in the letter, so I guess he would come…..right?

I’m assuring myself that he would come today, but a part of me is telling me that he wouldn’t come and something really bad would happen. I sat up from my laying position and groaned as the thought of getting rejected came to my mind. What if he didn’t feel the same way and laughed at my stupidity instead? Who do you think you are, Soyoung-ah? He’s the prince of the school while you’re just an average girl who knows nothing but your love for him.

But…

Is it love? What do I know about love?

I know nothing. And maybe that’s the reason why I feel so worried about today, lack of experience but still willing to try even though I knew the consequences. Sighing, I got up from my bed and shuffled to my dresser, grabbing a white t-shirt, my favorite red skirt and my undergarments then went in to the bathroom.

After finishing my business in the bathroom, I walked to the dining room to grab breakfast and found my brother was already seating on his usual chair. When I took a seat besides him, he immediately looked up from his plate and smiled at me. I scoffed.

“Don’t smile. You look ugly when you smile.” I said nonchalantly. He chuckled.

“If I’m ugly, then what are you? Super ugly? I think you’re uglier than me, Soyoung-ah”

“Pfft, do you have a mirror in your room Taemin-ah? You’re the ugliest person I’ve ever met in my entire life and I think you’ve heard those before.” He finished his breakfast then faced me.

“First of all, I just want you to know that people call me handsome and no one, I repeat, no one has ever called me ugly except you, so I guess you’re blind sissy.” Taemin smiled. “And last, you have to call me with ‘Taemin Oppa’ instead of ‘Taemin-ah’. I’m older than you, so you should call me with oppa.”

“What if I don’t want?”

“Then maybe I have to bring you to my friends. They’re as wild as those guys from Hungover, so you better be prepared when I bring you with me. They could do anything to you.” He shrugged, hiding his smile to make it looks more serious. I continued to eat while he brought the dirty dishes to the kitchen. After two minutes of eating without him, he came back to the dining room and took a seat across from my chair.

“You look decent for once, are you going to have a date?” He asked, staring at me with a serious expression plastered on his face. I blushed as the thought of my prince charming came to my mind again.

“No.”

“Liar. You’re blushing.”

“W-what? No!” , why did I stutter?!

He smirks. “My little sister has a boyfriend now? Why didn’t you tell me? I want to meet that guy!” I rolled my eyes and continued to eat, not bothering his glare at me.

 

“Do I know him?” He asked, making me choked. I glared at him.

“Just shut up okay? I can’t swallow my food properly if you keep asking! I’m not going on a date, satisfied?”

“Not really, but okay. I’m not going to ask again.” He got up from his chair. “By the way, I will be outside okay? I’ll take you to the place you want to go. Don’t hesitate.” Then he walked out from the dining room.

So now I’m in a deep right? What should I do then, I don’t want that brother of mine knows about me having a huge crush on his best friend and waiting for his answer. Taemin would laugh at me, I DON’T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!

Then it hit me.

Why don’t I tell him to take me to another place, but not so far away from the playground, so I can walk myself to that place? That’s the perfect plan! After I finished my breakfast, I shuffled to my bedroom to fetch my purse then walked to the garage where Taemin waiting for me in his car. I told him to take me to the school and fortunately, he didn’t ask me why. The school wasn’t that far from my house. It only takes 20 minutes with car, Taemin complained to me as we arrived at school. He said if he knew my destination earlier, he wouldn’t waste his time to drive me to here.

“You’re the one who insisted to drive me, so it’s not my fault.” I said before walking out from his car.

I waited for Taemin to disappear from the school area then made my way to the playground which not so far away from the school. My heart was beating rapidly and my hands were kinda sweaty because I’m so nervous! The thoughts of getting rejected keep running around in my head, making me feel more nervous than before. Once I arrived at the playground, I quickly came to the swings and sat on it, killing the time by playing swings like a kid.

Minutes have passed, but my prince charming hasn’t come yet. I glanced at my wristwatch and sighed heavily as the clock strikes 10AM, where is he? Just when I was about to get up and walk around the playground, I saw a familiar figure standing not so far away from me. He was holding something in his hand which looked like my love letter, but I can tell you he’s not my prince charming. My heart’s beating rapidly again as he walked toward me with a smile plastered on his handsome face.

A devilish smile.

When he finally stood right in front of me, he showed me the love letter and I was really shock to find him with my letter instead of my prince charming. He locked his eyes with mine and adjusted his height with me.

“……..You?” He nodded happily while smiling like a little kid.

‘….I don’t know if I could stand this feeling anymore. Every time I see you with other girls, I feel like jumping to the river, but it was just a parable of course.’

“Where did you…..get that….?” I asked, but he didn’t bother to listen. He continued to read.

‘If you have the answer of my confession, meet me at the playground near our school tomorrow at 9.45AM. Your admirer, Lee Soyoung.’  “ He ended it then faced me, still with a smile plastered on his face. I couldn’t do anything, but to stare at his face that’s just inches away from me. How did he get the letter? What is he doing here? As if he could read my mind, he moved his face closer to me and said, “I came here just to take what’s supposed to be mine.”

“W-what….?” He smirked.

“From the moment I touched this letter yesterday, you are mine. Only mine.”

 

What did I get myself into?

 

---

 

A/N: Hi there! I was listening to Maroon 5's It Won't Be Soon Before Long album when I typed this chapter, so it's a little bit angsty on the beginning lol. As you can see, the main guy is still a mystery and i won't reveal it until the next chapter! I hope you like the chapter! And for those who have subscribed and commented, thank you so much~

Comments and subscribers are loved!