19

This Is Not What I Expected

--Chapter 19--

 

------

 

Silence filled the room as he answered my question. His mysterious dark orbs were bored into mine and I couldn’t do anything but to stare back at his. I was still in a state of shock when a familiar song blasted from my phone and I knew immediately who the caller was.

I broke the eye contact with him and quickly answered the phone before Taemin assuming something on me. Jongin watched my every move like a lion watching the lamb and it made me nervous for some reason.

“Yeah I’m fine Taemin, no need to worry.” I assured him. He asked me if I came home safely because it was already night time and as a good brother, he was feeling worried about his only sister. After a few minutes of talking, Taemin finally hung up his phone and going back to Chohee’s family.

I shifted my gaze to Jongin and found him smiling at me with one of his eyebrow raised. I cleared my throat. “I’m done with you. You can put your shirt on.” I said to him, putting back the aid kit to the kitchen cabinet then came back to the living room where Jongin sat comfortably on my couch. Already put his shirt back on.

I didn’t dare to speak nor made an eye contact with the devil. It still felt so strange to talk to him after knowing what kind of person he was all this time. Taemin and Chohee were right about this. I was too stubborn that I didn’t believe what they said and continued to believe that he was harmless.

And now knowing he was part of a gang (a scary one to be exact), I couldn’t deny I’m  a little bit scared of him now.

Talking about the devil, he was no longer sitting comfortably on the couch again. He was now standing in front of me, staring right into my eyes while clenching a fist. Is he going to punch me…?

“I’m not going to hurt you, Soyoung. I will never hurt you.” He said with his husky voice. I looked away. “I could always kick your , why would I feel afraid?”

He chuckled and covered his mouth with the back of his hand. His eyes were smiling like his lips did, I had to admit he was really handsome when he smiled like that.

“Yeah, you could always kick my princess. Always.” He emphasized the last word. I raised my eyebrow. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing. I just want to tease you.” His face turned serious again. “Don’t you feel curious about me being a part of a gang? I thought you were on the verge of bursting out!”

“I….I…..”

“I’ll tell you everything if you stop acting like you’re afraid of me. It hurts, you know?” I didn’t say anything and nodded.

 

We sat on my crème couch while staring blankly at the tv screen. Judging from the way he sat uncomfortably on my couch, I think he was preparing the right words to explain everything without scaring me. He finally stopped moving and cleared his throat.

“It all started two years ago when my parents started to busying themselves after having a huge fight one night. They rarely came home and once they did, they would always fight and abandoned me, leaving me with the maids. Since they stopped caring about me, I started to come to night clubs illegally and there I met Jonghyun, a senior in our school that time.

“He was a fine man with good looks and power in such a young age, so I agreed to join his gang when he asked me to. There I met Chanyeol, Minho, Minseok, and…. D.O.”

“D.O……was part of the gang? I….. How…..” He tore his gaze away from the tv then shifted his gaze to me, looking bothered at the mention of D.O. from my lips. “Yeah, he was part of a gang.”

“Continue.” He nodded.

“We are more like brothers than partners. The bonds between us were really strong until D.O. quit from our gang because of his parents. I’m the only one who acts cold toward him after he quit the gang, I just hate the fact that we have to lose a brother. He’s one of my closest friend other than your brother, it’s really hard to let go of your best friend after everything that you share together with them.

“We never committed a serious crime. We fight, but we have at least one reason to do it. We don’t just kick someone’s just because we are bored, we’re gentleman. The reason why I didn’t tell you the truth was because……. I’m afraid I would scare you with my true self. You’re the only person other than my guy friends who acts normal toward me. I really like it when you act like, Soyoung-ah. At least you are not acting.” He ended his story with a warm smile plastered on his face.

I never knew someone like him would have such a rough path in life. I always thought he was this kind of prince that always got what he wanted without much effort, but I was wrong. His parents were never home and the fact that he had to face dangerous situation everyday didn’t make anything easier.

I was really fluttered when he said I was the only person other than his friends that acted normal when he was around. The way he said he was afraid to tell me because he didn’t want to scare me was really touching. I never met someone who was afraid of scaring me away with their true selves, they always opened up to me.

Jongin now sitting just a few inches from me, tucking the strands of my hair behind my ear then my cheek with his thumb. His eyes never leave mine, examining every expression that I made and wondered If he was scaring me.

 Once again, the silence filled the room but this time, it was the kind of silence that made you feel comfortable. He inched closer to my face and I instantly closed my eyes. I could feel his hot breath against my skin, tickling it while sending butterflies to my stomach.

Suddenly, I felt something soft, thick, and warm pressed against my forehead. I opened my eyes and found him smirking at me with his hand still on my face. “Naughty girl, you think I’m going to kiss you on the lips right?”

I blushed. “N-no!”

“You can deny it, but you can’t hide it from me.” I slapped his hand away then stood up. “I’ve treated your bruises, you can go now, Jongin.”

He stood up from the couch and faced me, giving me his infamous smirk then ruffled my hair. “It’s oppa to you. Call me Jongin Oppa first, then I’ll go.”

I widened my eyes. “What?! No!”

“Yes, call me oppa.”

“No!”

“I won’t go then.” He crossed his arms in front of his chest and tapped his foot to the floor. I scoffed. “Are you going to force me to do this?”

He nodded. “Of course.” I gave him a glare then looked away. I didn’t know why he was so worked with me, calling him oppa. I bet there were so many girls had called him with oppa, but why did he want to hear it from me?

Sighing, I stared back at him and said those disgusting words. “Jongin OPPA, you have to go now. It’s getting late and I really need to sleep.”

The devil grinned at me then inched closer, pulling me into a tight hug and bid his goodbye to me before going out of my house. Once he was out of sight, I leaned to the wooden door with a small smile formed on my lips. It was really strange to call him with that, yet it sounded so nice and right to my ears.

The way he grinned at me when I called him with oppa was really cute! It was my first time seeing him so happy like that, I never thought calling jongin with oppa would make him so happy. After hearing his true life from him, I couldn’t help but to warm up at him.

 

 

 

Little did I know, tonight was the beginning of dramas that I’m going to face sooner or later.

 

------

 

A/N: Sorry for the long wait! The practices for piano recital today was really tiring, I only had one day to rest and I spent it with sleeping and playing lol. WOW 108 subbies! Thank you for your support to this fic, I really appreciate it ;~; I cannot update as much as I want like before, but I will try my best to at least update two or three chapters a week for you, my lovely readers :D

Comments and subscribers are loved <3