09

This Is Not What I Expected

 

-Chapter 09-

 

------

 

Today was the wedding day. Me, Taemin, Chohee and her cousins were gathered in the living room while waiting for Mina who was preparing her stuff in her room. Ever since we met Jisoo’s cousins at the boutique yesterday, Chohee never stopped talking about Chanyeol and his cuteness. She said Chanyeol was a really sweet guy with heartwarming voice that could make girls kneeled down for him, which made Taemin’s face darkened. I had to admit that Chanyeol was a REALLY attractive guy, and I wouldn’t blame Chohee if she fell for his endless charm. 

I looked at Taemin who was frowning every time she mentioned Chanyeol in our conversation and laughed to myself. When will these clueless teenagers know about their feelings huh? To be honest, I’m getting bored with all the jealousy and shyness in their relationship. It’s quite amusing at the beginning, but as the time goes by, I couldn’t help myself but to think they were the most stupid couple on the planet Earth. Even that jerk face, Kim Jongin thought so.

Speaking about the devil, I just received a message from him telling me that he missed the face that I made whenever he teased me and he couldn’t wait until the summer break was over. I sighed heavily as I received another message from him which made me raised my eyebrow.

“What the hell—“

“I’M LATE! LET’S GO LET’S GO!” I turned my body around and found Mina still wearing her bathe rob while holding a huge red bag. The next thing I knew, Mina was pushing me to the car then hopped on to the car with her belongings. I was squeezed between Chohee’s little cousin named Kwangmin and Chohee herself on the back seat. Taemin was in the other car with Chohee’s other cousins which really great because he couldn’t hear our girls’ talk again, so he wouldn’t get hurt by Chohee’s compliments for Chanyeol. I turned my head to Chohee.

“So, you really like Chanyeol eh?” I asked nonchalantly. Kwangmin laughed.

“You like that person, Noona? I thought your taste was better than…..that creature!” Chohee raised her eyebrow then frowned.

“What did you mean by ‘that creature’ Jo Kwangmin? At least he’s not…..he’s not……a midget like you!” Kwangmin glared at her. “I’m not a midget, I’m 5’9! Are you blind or what?”

I stared at Chohee and Kwangmin who had a staring contest in the car and sighed. For this once, I had to agree with Kwangmin about her being blind. How could a 16 year old guy with 5’9 tall could considered as a midget right? Chohee was too angry to realize that, I guess.

After a short trip to the church, we finally arrived at the largest church in town. The parking lot was already filled with friends and family. I looked at Kwangmin who was fidgeting with his hands as he stared at the ground gloomily. He must be felt really bad because of the fight earlier, so I patted his head and smiled.

“She doesn’t hate you. Trust me.” He gave me a weak smile then went out of the car, leaving me and Chohee behind. Once me and Chohee got out of the car, Kwangmin went to where we stood and smirked.

 

“I like Taemin Hyung better than that guy.” Then he left, leaving Chohee speechless with what just happened then blushed madly as Taemin came to us and gave us his killer smile.

“What’s up girls? Miss me?” Chohee stared at me and frowned.

“Go away!” I laughed at Chohee who walked toward her family, leaving Taemin confused.

“What did I do?” I shrugged.

“It’s for you to find out~” Then I left Taemin for Chohee who was calling me to come inside the church.

 

Chohee’s POV

 

I looked at Mina who was walking beautifully on the aisle with two cute little girls following behind her. Shifting my gaze to the right, I saw Jisoo was smiling ear to ear as he saw his fiancée looking so beautiful as ever in that white dress, making me felt jealous over his feelings toward Mina.

When will I meet someone who loves me for who I am and willingly accept my flaws?

I adverted my gaze to that guy and sighed heavily as I remembered how impossible for him to fall in love with me who was nothing. He was the cutest and the nicest guy I’ve ever met in my entire life. Even though sometimes he would act like a jerk, he’s still that guy who could bring happiness to me just by smiling.  Focusing myself on the wedding, I just realized how long I had daydreamed about him. Mina and Jisoo were already kissed each other and about to walk their ways to their wedding car.

Linking arms with Soyoung, we walked out from the church and ran to the front as Mina started to count—the throwing flower bouquet stuff. The girls were pushing each other just to catch the bouquet which was really ridiculous to me. It was just a game dammit, don’t take it too serious geez.

“3…….2……..1!” Mina threw the bouquet and it flew toward the girls. Everything felt like in slow motion, I looked up to the bouquet and widened my eyes instantly as it aimed toward me. I opened my hands to catch it and fortunately, it landed safely in my hands. Soyoung chuckled beside me and patted my shoulder.

“Guess someone wouldn’t be alone tonight~”

 

----

 

Garden Party. That’s what the theme of Mina and Jisoo’s wedding reception tonight. We sat under the beautiful night sky with lamps everywhere and the newlywed’s songs were played in this place. Soyoung was already in the dance floor with D.O. who dressed in blazer with white t-shirt underneath and skinny black jeans with black sneaker. I wonder what would Kai do if he saw the scene of his girlfriend dancing closely to another guy like this. I always thought Kai was a really calm guy and wasn’t the jealous type, but he proved me wrong. The way he glared at Soyoung and D.O. that day was really, really scaring! I think I saw his veins on his face when Soyoung giggled at what D.O. said.

That’s why I said Kai was a dangerous guy.

I’m afraid he would hurt Soyoung if she didn’t obey his words like that day, so I warned her about it. Beside that, I think Taemin knew something about Kai that could be dangerous for his sister. He didn’t want to say it, but I could tell it wasn’t just a lame excuse like he loved to spend his time at the club. And from what I heard the other day when he picked up a phone call, I guess Kai had asked him to look after his sister and to report everything that he saw to him. Something seemed a bit off, wasn’t it?

“Wanna dance?” I looked up to the owner of the voice and found Taemin smiling gorgeously at me while offering his hand. I widened my eyes.

“Why—“

“I don’t accept a no as an answer just for your information.” He smirked. I smiled.

“Why not?” Then we went to the dance floor. I put my hands on his shoulder while he placed his hands around my waist. We swayed side to side following the rhythm and we started to make a conversation when it gets awkward.

“Don’t you think D.O. and your sister look really cute together?” I asked him as I saw them laughing together. He chuckled.

“If I were you, I wouldn’t say that Chohee-ah…” I raised my eyebrow.

“Why?” He was hesitant at first, but he said it anyway. “Because if Kai knows, he would be really mad hahaha~”

 

“Don’t lie.” He got tensed for a second, but got relaxed soon. I tilted my head. “Tell me the real reason.”

“Well, I always thought she was going to be with Sehun instead of Kai. Sehun is more mature and will not put my sister in danger, unlike Kai.” He looked up. “But I cannot tell you. Let the time answers, okay?” I nodded then gave him another question.

“Does Kai really love your sister?”

“Why are you thinking about someone else’s love story while you too have a love story to begin?”

“What do you mean by that?” He smirked then pulled me closer. I widened my eyes.

“What about us?”

“I—“ Then everything looked like in a slow motion except for us.

Taemin kissed my lips tenderly as he rubbed my cheek with his thumb, making my legs felt weak and ready to fall if he didn’t tightened his grip on my waist. After five minutes of kissing each other, he finally pulled away and gave me a last peck. I blushed.

“From now on, just look only at me, okay?”

 

------

 

A/N: NEW CHAPTER YEAY!! I thought this week was going to be a free weak with no school stuff, but I was wrong :( so many projects have to be done and I really hate it. But I don't want to disapoint you guys, so I give you this~

Thanks for new subscribers and those who have commented, you guys made my day :DDD

I'm sorry I can't reply your comments one by one, AFF was really annoying the past few days then I forgot to reply lol

Comments and subscribers are loved <333