08

This Is Not What I Expected

 

--Chapter 08--

 

------

 

“Ladies! Today, we are going to pick your dresses at the boutique. I guess Jisoo’s family will be there too?” Mina turned to Jisoo and he nodded right away. She smiled.

“Yes, Jisoo’s family will be there too! Since he has so many male cousins, please do not take it to your heart when they….you know, flirt okay? They are just a bunch of teenager with raging hormones, like Taemin.”

“I heard that!” Taemin yelled from the other room, making all of us laugh and shaking our heads.

Jisoo stepped forward. “They aren’t that bad actually. They just love girls too much, I hope that’s okay with you guys?” I smiled nervously.

“That’s okay with us! Chohee and I need to refresh our eyes too anyway, so that’s fine.”

“Let’s go then!” With that, Mina, Jisoo, Chohee and I walked out of the house and got into the SUV that had moved to in front of the house.

A day had passed since we first came here. Jongin hadn’t called me again and Chohee spent too much time with Taemin, leaving me in our bedroom with unpacked suitcases. Because of my loneliness, I almost made a phone call to the devil just so I could have something else to do other than spacing out in the room. I knew it was a ridiculous thought ever, but I was so bored! And the fact that Chohee and Taemin were making a progress made me want to tell it to someone. Jongin to be exact. I know he knew about the romantic things that happening between Taemin and Chohee lately, so I think he should know. 

Or maybe you’re just trying to find an excuse to talk to him.

“NO!” I shouted, making Chohee and the rest turned their heads to me. I laughed nervously.

“Everything is under control hehe…”

“Weird.”

“Crazy.”

“Have you eaten your medicine, Soyoung?”

“YAH.” Then everyone went back to what they were doing. I sighed heavily as I remembered what I was thinking about Jongin earlier. If I did make an excuse, it still didn’t make sense at all. Why would I make an excuse to talk to him when I wanted to push him away?

Exactly. Maybe I was just too curious about the punishment. Maybe my curiosity made me want to ask him again about it which I knew he wouldn’t tell. Sighing, I looked out to the window and realized we were already arrived at the boutique. Mina, Chohee, and I went straight to the boutique while Jisoo trying to find somewhere to park the car. I was only wearing an oversized t-shirt and denim short today, and Mina didn’t like it because she said she could see my bra through the shirt. I chuckled.

“No need to worry Mina, people will not recognize it.” She groaned.

“That’s not what I mean!” I raised my eyebrow. She sighed.

“Jisoo has five male cousins and they are………….undeniably handsome, but they DO have hormones. Seeing you in this kind of outfit could make them go crazy you know.”

“What about Chohee? Her outfit is more revealing than mine…”

“What are you talking ab—CHOHEE-AH!” I laughed frantically as Chohee got scolded by Mina because she was using a backless summer dress. Mina is so mommy-like, right? Feeling they wouldn’t stop the fight anytime soon, I decided to stroll around the boutique. The boutique was really beautiful with violet as the background and beautiful flowers everywhere. The dresses were simple, but it gave you the chic vibe if you wore it. After looking around the room, I decided to turn to Mina and Chohee again, but stopped immediately as I saw two guys staring at me intently.

“M-mianhae..” I said, bowing my head to them before going back to Mina and Chohee.

 

“Where were you?” Chohee asked once I found them. I smiled.

“Just looking around the room, this place is definitely a heaven for you!”

“I KNOW RIGHT. Do you know how much I want to buy these dresses?!” I rolled my eyes.

“Why don’t you ask Taemin to buy these for you? I am 100% sure he would buy everything just to make you happy.” She punched my arm playfully and smiled.

“What are you? Psychic? He won’t spend his precious money just on these stupid dresses, Soyoung.”

“Who told you that?”

“Babo.” Chohee was about to say something to me when Mina came back from the other room with five guys and two elder women. I spotted the creepy guys that blocked me earlier. They still staring at me like this is the first time they’re seeing a girl.

“This is Jisoo’s mother and aunt. They’re bringing the boys to here, so I hope you guys would get along with them?” Mina came closer to us. “This is my cousin Chohee and her friend, Soyoung. Boys, please introduce yourselves to them.” A really tall guy with a really pale face stepped forward. He was one of the creepy guys.

“I’m Wu Fan, but just call me Kris.” Then the other creepy guy stepped forward.

“I’m Luhan, but you can call me jagiya if you want to.”

“Yah! Behave.” Jisoo’s aunt smacked his head, I laughed.

“Chanyeol…” A really cute guy said while staring at Chohee intently. I smiled.

“Tao.” Another guy introduced himself to me, but this time the guy wasn’t do all flirting. And then the last one stepped forward with a smile plastered on his handsome face. Even though he only wearing a simple navy blue t-shirt with jeans and sneakers, he still managed to look good and clean. My heart did a somersault as his smile turned into a smirk and kissed my cheek lightly.

 

“Long time no see…… Senorita.”

 

------

 

I looked up to the sky as I sipped my strawberry smoothies while sitting on D.O.’s car trunk with him.

After that awkward moment in the boutique with Jisoo’s cousins, D.O. decided to treat me strawberry smoothies as an apologize because of Luhan’s behavior earlier. I couldn’t refuse his offer, right?

“So, you are Jisoo’s cousin eh?” He smiled.

“Yeah… You are Chohee’s best friend right?” I chuckled, rolling my eyes as he asked the same thing like mine.

“I never thought I would meet you in my cousin’s wedding. Is it a coincidence? Or you just stalk me, Soyoung?”

“What? Of course not! Why would I stalk you anyway…”

“Because you like me?” I punched his arm lightly and rolled my eyes.

“Not will happen in a million years.”

“I will still chase you to wherever you are though.” I looked away from him as I started to blush madly. He smirked.

“Wae? Do I make you nervous?”

“Could you stop staring at me like that? It’s getting creepy man.” He laughed wholeheartedly all of a sudden, clenching his stomach with his hand while looking down to the ground.

“Why are you laughing? There’s nothing funny.” I said, getting annoyed with the sound of his laugh. He abruptly stopped.

“Don’t be mad. I was just joking, okay?” I scoffed then got up from the truck. He stood up as well.

“I’m not mad okay? Chillax.” I walked back to the boutique just to find Kris and Luhan staring at me again from the couch near the doorway. They didn’t have nothing else to do other than staring at me eh? I decided to mingle with them for awhile just to get rid of D.O. If you think I am really mad at him, you just got tricked by Lee Soyoung. Why would I be mad at him just because he laughed at my nervousness, right? I took a seat between Luhan and Kris then smiled.

“What are you guys doing?” They shrugged.

“Seating?”

“Staring at you.”

“Stop with all the cheesiness will ya? It’s really annoying!” Kris said, crossing his arms in front of his chest while glaring at Luhan who was still staring at me. I chuckled.

“You guys are so cute!” Luhan’s eyes lit up and went wide instantly while Kris just smirking at me and look down. If only they didn’t creep me out earlier, maybe I would hang out with these guys than with D.O.

But I like to hang out with D.O. too. He’s actually nicer than that evil boy……boyfriend of mine. Yeah, he’s nicer than him. As if he could read my mind, D.O. came in to the boutique and immediately squeezed himself between me and Kris.

“You left me.” I smirked.

“Why should I care?”

“ So rude~” Luhan sang, making D.O. and me glared at his silliness. I chuckled.

“I was just joking, D.O. I’m not mad at you geez..” His eyes lit up.

“……Really?”

“Neh~”

“Then, would you be my date tomorrow at the wedding?” He asked me out of the blue. Kris was glaring at D.O. while the cutie Luhan was gasping like a fish. I chuckled.

“Why not?” Then we laughed together. I think Jongin wouldn’t know about this whole date thing.

 

Or so I thought.

 

------

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update! I was having midterm test last week, that's why I didn't update that much, I'm sorry >.< But next week I'll update as much as I can because I have free days! Yeay! Comments and subscribers are loved <333