04

This Is Not What I Expected

-Chapter 04-

 

------

 

 

“Yes, I’m on my way and I don’t forget to bring your lun—what? NO! Why would I poison you?! You ungrateful child.” I hung up the phone and looked back at Chohee who carried two box of lunch for Sehun and Taemin.

Chohee was forced by Taemin to bring them lunch after she volunteered to be my company during their dance practice, and because of her kindness, she agreed to it. As we all know, Taemin has been crushing on my best friend for a quite long time now. He didn’t bother to hide it from everyone, but strangely, he never showed any signs that he wanted to ask her out. I, sometimes, think that actually, Chohee and Taemin were high for each other. The way she agreed to Taemin’s request was really, really shocking since she never really wanted to do anything with guys, so I have a conclusion that she likes Taemin.

Now, we were standing at the bus stop with other citizens who waited for the bus too. While waiting for the bus to come, me and Chohee were planning to have a short trip to Daegu during the summer break. Chohee’s cousin is going to married and they, definitely, invited her family to their wedding including me because I was really close with her cousin. Chohee also told me to ask Taemin about this, and like a great sister I am, I will help these clueless teenagers to settle their hearts problem!

Once the bus came to the bus stop, Chohee and I quickly jumped into the bus and plopped down on our seats near the driver. Before he went out to practice, Taemin had told me the address of the dance studio. It was located in Itaewon and the place was really easy to be recognized, so I didn’t have to be worried of getting lost. I was starting to drown in my own world when I felt a light nudge from the girl beside me, Park Chohee.

“Is it alright if I only brought them Binddaedeok for lunch? I didn’t have much time to make them bento..” Chohee confessed, looking at me with her doe-like eyes as she pulled the boxes from her bag.

I smile. “Nah, it’s more than enough for them, especially Taemin. He would eat everything as long as you’re the cooker~” She punched my shoulder lightly and chuckled.

“I’m not a really good cooker, Soyoung-ah. Taemin sunbae-nim wouldn’t do that for me…”

“No, seriously Chohee. Are you blind or just plain stupid?” She raised her eyebrow. I continued. “He’s into you for God’s sake! How could you be so oblivious about it? I really hate to be a spoiler like this, but Taemin has liked you for a quite long time now.” I finally told her, feeling a little bit guilty for telling her my brother’s secret. But if Taemin didn’t do something about it, Chohee would run away and ended up with somebody else.

She smiles. “I know Soyoung-ah, it’s just that….. Your brother wasn’t just an ordinary guy in Daewon.” She sighed. “He’s the ‘it’ guy, the most wanted, the flower boy of Daewon High. You know how girls in our school reacted toward that transfer student last year….. I just don’t want to get hurt.” I listened to every words she said, but I still didn’t understand why she’s afraid of getting hurt when we both know, Taemin wouldn’t let his loved ones get hurt by those crazy girls. And I didn’t think the girls in our school were that ‘crazy’ –comparing to the girls in the movies. They actually just talked about the transfer student, but they didn’t take any inappropriate actions toward that girl.

I shook my head. “Trust me, when you really want to be with someone you love, love will find the way. Don’t be afraid of getting hurt, Park Chohee.” I smiled to her. “As his only sister, I know Taemin wouldn’t let something bad happen to his loved ones. He will protect you, so you don’t have a reason to be afraid anymore.”

 


“How about you and Kai sunbae-nim? Aren’t you supposed to be with Sehun sunbae-nim instead of that er?” I froze on my seat, trying to find a good argument, but turned out, I couldn’t think of any good argumentation.

She chuckles. “Lee Soyoung, if you really want to be with the one you love, maybe Kai sunbae-nim is your way to get to Sehun sunbae-nim.” I rolled my eyes, she smiled. “But if you cannot be with Sehun sunbae-nim, then maybe you and Kai sunbae-nim are meant to be. It is Love’s way, you will never know what would happen unless you give a try.”

“And the point is?”

“The point is, just enjoy your twisted fate. You might hate him in the present, but you will never know what might happen in the future. And by the way, I think we should go Soyoung-ah~” Chohee pulled me out of the bus and we both standing at the bus stop, thinking of which direction we should take.

After 15 minutes of searching the studio, we finally found a small building with the dance studio’s name in front of the door. Me and Chohee quickly entered the building and asked the receptionist where we could Taemin and the rest. The receptionist told us that the dance room was on the second floor near the stairs, so we took the stairs to the second floor and almost immediately, found the dance room.

Chohee slowly opened the room and gasped as she saw the flower boys dancing to Taemin’s favorite song, y Back.

Once I fully entered the room, I, instantly, focused my eyes on Oh Sehun. He was dancing really well with so many expressions played on his handsome face, I wonder if his exes would feel guilty for dumping him if they saw this.

Suddenly, I felt a cold stare was given to me. That’s when I realized Jongin was looking at me through the mirror, giving me his signature smirk while dancing ily to the song. I have to admit that he looked so charismatic when he danced like that. No wonder girls in my school fell for his charismatic look. If only they knew his other side…. Are they still going to praise him like a greek god?

I put those thoughts away and waited patiently for the boys to finish their practice. After a few minutes of waiting, they finally finished their practice and quickly walked to us with smiles plastered on their face.  Jongin and Sehun were the last ones to sit with us. Jongin took a seat on my left and Sehun took a seat on my right, making me feel awkward as the boys started to eat and circled me like I’m their sunflower.

Hold that thought Lee Soyoung, that thought isn’t healthy for your mind.

 

“Thank you for the lunch, princess~” Kai said, kissing my cheek so gently after he swallowed the food.

I squirms. “WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? You’ve planted so many viruses on my cheek!”

“Chill out~ I was just showing my love toward you, it is not wrong . Right, Sehun?” Sehun , who was too engrossed with his food, just nodded and continued to eat. I smiled at his dorky side and continued to eat as well. Just when I was about to put the foods on my mouth, Sehun finally spoke up.

“Since when you guys started seeing each other? I never saw Kai and you talk to each other before.” He asked, still eating his foods without looking directly to us.

Jongin chuckles. “Do you remember the letter I got two days ago?”

“No.” Jongin smirked.

“It was Soyoung’s love letter for me. She confessed her love to me and asked me to meet her the next day, so I came.” Sehun stopped eating and looked at Jongin instead.

 

 

“Are you even in love with her?” he asked, making Taemin and Chohee, who were having their moment, stopped at what they were doing and stared at Sehun.

Jongin smiles. “I am in love with her, Sehun. What makes you think I am not in love with her? Isn’t it obvious?”

“I thought you were just—nevermind…” He looked down to his lunch box and continued to eat again. Me, Taemin, and Chohee were still looking at Sehun in shock, while Jongin continued to eat again like Sehun. It was really rare to see Sehun speaks like he’s going to kill someone. He was always the calm and the nicest one, I never thought he would show that side of him just because of me and Jongin started seeing each other? I put those thoughts aside and asked Taemin if he would go home after the lunch.

“Yeah, we’ve done our practice, so I could drive you home if that’s what you wanted.”

“No, I’ll drive Soyoung instead. You can drive Chohee home.” Jongin said, circling his hands on my body while pouting like a little kid. Taemin rolled his eyes.

“Soyoung will come home with me. We have something important to do, so you can drive her home next time, Kai.” He turned to Sehun. “ And Sehun? Could you please drive Chohee home today?”

Sehun nodded and gave the lunch box to Chohee again. “Let’s go.”

Chohee, who didn’t really know Sehun that well, quickly stood up from her position and followed Sehun who had left the room. I looked at Taemin for explanation, but all he did was shrugging.

 

-----

 

A/N: I've fixed this chapter into a better one i guess? when i first started to write this chapter, i was actually not in a good mood, so I made another one and I think this is better than before lol. Comments and subscribers are loved <333