10

This Is Not What I Expected

--Chapter 10--

 

-------

 

 

The wedding reception was really beautiful with so many small lights hung above us and the great music that played during the party. I was sitting all alone in the corner of the room with a glass of fruit punch in my hand. Chohee was greeting her other family at the main entrance while Taemin….. I don’t know where he was, but I’m pretty sure he was with Luhan and Kris.

I sipped my fruit punch slowly as I stared at the dance floor with envy. How I wish I had a partner who could bring me to the dance floor and danced all night long with me, but I guess D.O. wasn’t that type of guy. I myself hadn’t seen him since the wedding ceremony this afternoon and seeing Kris, Luhan, Chanyeol, and Tao came made me felt like he ditched me.

I sighed in frustration then pulled up my phone from my crème clutch, hoping D.O. would at least tell me his sorry via message but he didn’t.

Jongin hadn’t called nor he sent me another message since the last time he contacted. The message he sent to me this morning was really strange yet made my heart beat faster than usual. Sometime I would wonder what was he doing in the States, like did he eat well or did he do something stupid until he couldn’t get back to Seoul—which I really hope he did. But he didn’t tell me anything.

I was really lost in thought till I didn’t realize that someone was staring at me intensely with its mesmerizing eyes. I gasped. “Oh my God D.O! You scared the out of me!” He chuckled.

“I’m sorry~ the expression you had earlier was epic!” He burst out laughing, ruffling my hair with his right hand then pinched my cheek. I blushed. “Creepy ahjussi.”

He stopped laughing. “What did you say? Creepy ahjussi?”

“Yes.” I said it firmly. He smirked. “Oh really? Is that the best you got, Soyoung-ah?” He leaned forward to me, making my head jerked backward and I stopped to breathe. The scent of his male fragrance was lingering in my nostrils once I started to breathe again. He stared deeply into my eyes while placing his hands on my waist. “What are you do—“  Then he started to tickle me.

“HAHAHAHA S-STOP!”

“Not until you admit that I’m handsome!”

“N-NO WAY HAHAHAHA” I managed to say between his tickle attack. “Oh come one,  it won’t hurt to try~”

“Alright, alright geez…” He crossed his arm in front of his chest and smiled to me. I took a deep breath.

 

 

“You are really handsome D.O. satisfied?”

 He smirked. “Not really, you have to do one more thing again.” I groaned and leaned back to my seat.

“What is it? Make it quick!”

 

 

“Dance with me.” He said, making me curled my lips upward then stood up.

“Kaja!” He gave me his killer smile then led me to the dance floor which already filled with so many couple. The DJ changed the song and Super Junior’s Lovely Day blasted from the speaker. I put my hands around D.O’s neck and he placed his hands around my waist. We swayed side to side as he whispered some jokes to my ear, making me laugh and happy because I never met someone as positive as he was before.

“I know you are Kai’s girlfriend. Why did you have to lie about it?” He asked nonchalantly. I shrugged. “I don’t think it is something I have to tell you, D.O. It’s not important.”

“If I knew you were Kai’s girlfriend that day, I wouldn’t flirt with you.” I raised my eyebrow. “Why? I mean… Why are you so afraid with Kai? He looks harmless to me…”

He smiled. “You clearly just knew him, am I right?” I nodded. “We never really talk before this. He’s so calm and mysterious in school, I have no idea how Taemin and Sehun can be his friends…”

“Do you know him that well?” I asked him. He smirked. “He would make a great boyfriend for you Soyoung-ah. Just bear with his childishness, I’m sure you will survive.” I didn’t say anything but placed my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes as the song changed again.

Why did everyone kept saying things about Jongin that made me curious? Taemin and Chohee who said Jongin was dangerous, and D.O. who said Jongin would make a great boyfriend for me. I didn’t know who to believe right now, but I’m pretty sure Jongin wasn’t just any regular guy. He must be had plenty of secrets that he tried to hide from everyone, but what was the secret?

I pulled away from D.O. and asked him to go back to my seat because I was getting tired. He quickly agreed then led me to my seat which now got seated by Taemin and….. Chohee. I cleared my throat. They pulled away from each other and faced me, feeling embarrassed because someone caught them in the act.

“Do it on other seat, not mine geez…” I complained. They chuckled. “I’m sorry sissy, I got carried away hehehe”

“Nevermind, now get out of my seat.” I pushed them out of my seat and D.O. chuckled at my attitude. He took a seat beside me and we talked about so many things like music and other stuff. But when he mentioned he would be leaving to Japan next week, I couldn’t help but felt sad all of a sudden. He promised me he would send me e-mail frequently while he stayed in Japan.

The night went by and it was almost midnight when the party ended. Me, Taemin, Chohee and Chohee’s family sent Mina and Jisoo to the airport for their honeymoon then drove back to the house. Two days later, we bid our goodbyes to Chohee’s family and went back to Seoul with a train. I couldn’t wait until I could meet you again,

 

My lovely bed.

 

Two Weeks Later: First Day of School

 

“Soyoung-ah! Soyoung-ah! Wake up~” I opened my eyes slowly and found Taemin in his school uniform, smiling sweetly as he waved his hand to me. “Wake up sleepy head, it’s the first day of school!”

“W-what?” He ignored my question and pulled me up till I could stand by myself. He gave me my uniform and pushed me to the bathroom. After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I came to downstairs and went straight to the dining room.

“Good morning~” I greeted my family then took a seat beside Taemin. We ate our breakfast peacefully while talking about our daily routines. As usual, I asked Taemin to go to school with him before we went out of the house. But he said he couldn’t take you to school today because he would pick up Chohee first then bought their breakfast before going to school.

He wanted to be all alone with Chohee of course so I didn’t have a choice but to take a bus this morning. I picked my bag from the couch then went out of the house while whistling to a song. I was about to walk to the bus stop when I saw a black Yamaha Scorpio parked in front of my house with a guy leaning onto it. He wore a black leather jacket with our school uniform underneath and his backpack slung on his shoulder.

The guy turned his face to me and I gasped as I knew who he was.

 

 

“Hello princess. Miss me?”

 

-------

 

A/N: Thank you for all your support for me, I really enjoy writing this fic because I get feedback from you guys!

comments and subscribers are loved!