06

This Is Not What I Expected

 

-Chapter 06-

 

-----

 

“I’ve told you to not interact with other guys.” He said, looking directly into my eyes as he put his right hand on the side of my face.

I frown. “I was just answering his question for God’s Sake, it’s not like I’m having with him.”

“I didn’t say you’re having with him, I told you to not interact with other guys! Geez woman, are you deaf or what?” I looked at him in disbelief then scoffed.

“Yah. Did your mother teach you how to talk to a girl?” He smirked.

“Don’t bring her to our conversation Soyoung, it’s about you… and that er. Don’t change the topic.”

“I didn’t change the topic.”

“Oh really?” He leaned forward to me and closed the gap between us till I could smell his masculine fragrance and his hot minty breath against my skin. What is he going to do with me?

“I’m going to say this once, so you have to listen carefully.” I, surprisingly, nodded and listened to him carefully. He smirked.

“If I see you flirting, giving positive signs, or exchange glances with other guys, you have to be punished.” He my cheek. “And you won’t like it. I promise you that…” He straightened himself then walked back to the building. But before he completely disappeared, he turned around to me and smiled.

 

“Anyway, I won’t be around for two weeks. I hope you could use that time to have fun by yourself, but that doesn’t mean you can go on a date with other guys. I always have my eyes on you, princess.”

With that, he walked back to the building without taking a last glance on me. I just realized I was holding my breath when he was around, Jongin and his authorities on me…. I wish I hadn’t put the love letter on the wrong locker that day, why did I have to be so careless about important things like that?! What did I do to deserve this punishment, God? If I had one wish, I would definitely use that wish to make that devil out from my supposed-to-be-great-life, or had Sehun as my boyfriend instead of this er.

It’s getting cold here, I decided to warm myself at the building while sipping a cup of hot coffee in my hand. Chohee and the others were nowhere to be seen, so here I am, seating alone in a middle of a big hall with a cup of coffee accompanying me. I hate it when I had to wait by myself in a place where I didn’t familiar with. I looked around the room, but couldn’t find them.

That’s when a guy took a seat beside me with a smile printed on his plump lips. I widened my eyes as I realized who that guy was, he chuckled.

“Am I that scary?” I blushed.

“N-no! It’s just…….”

“I’m the one who gave you roses?” I bit my lip and nodded. I don’t know why, but I feel so nervous around him? He had this bad boy vibes like Jongin, but I felt more comfortable when I’m with this guy.

He smiles. “I guess Kai has thrown my roses, am I right?” I nodded again.

“Yeah… I’m sorry for that….”

“You don’t have to feel sorry about that, I completely understand his strange behavior. He’s always like that toward the girl he likes. Possessive, but harmless.” I smiled bitterly.

“Jongin and I…..don’t have that sort of relationship.” He raised his eyebrow in confusion.

“O-oh I thought you and him were boyfriend girlfriend! He must like you so much to act like that…”

“Nah, I doubt that. He just love to tease me, that’s all hahaha” He smiled to me and gave me his right hand.

“I’m Do Kyung Soo, but you can call me D.O.” I took his hand and smiled.

“Lee Soyoung, call me Soyoung. Thanks for the roses by the way…”

“Don’t mention it, I just want to brightened up your day since you seemed like not in the mood earlier..” He rubbed the back of his neck, making me chuckle at his nervousness.

“Wow, that’s so kind of you! So different from that devil…” I blurted. He smiled again then checked his wristwatch.

“Ah! I have to go now.” He turned to me. “You’re a good company Soyoung-ssi, I’ll see you around?”

“Definitely.” Then he walked away from me and entered a small door beside the stage. Not so long after that, Chohee came back to the hall and said that the boys are going to perform later. I told Chohee about that D.O guy and how adorable that guy was. She laughed at some parts, but didn’t say aything on my story which made me felt weird.

“Say something Chohee-ah, I’ve spent fifteen minutes just to tell you this and you don’t want to say anything about it?” I whined, looking at Chohee with glistening eyes as I put my hands together. She sighed.

“Don’t play around with Jongin, Soyoung-ah. He’s quite scary when he saw you giggling at that guy, I just don’t want you……to get hurt by him. He’s dangerous.” I laughed wholeheartedly at her words.

“W-what’s so dangerous about him? He just love to tease me Chohee, there’s nothing to be worried about.”

She shrugs. “I don’t know Soyoung-ah…. Just be careful okay?” Just when I was about to reply her, three guys came from behind the curtain and introduced themselves to the audience. As the song started to play, the light brown haired guy walked to the front and started to dance, making the girls in the hall screamed their lungs out. I was amazed to see him dancing like he would die tomorrow. The way he threw his fedora to the audience was indeed hot, Sehun was truly an amazing dancer!

After Sehun danced to the song, Taemin came to the front and did his usual dance, but it still looked amazing even though I’ve seen it so many times before. I took a glance to Chohee and found her smiling affectionately to my brother, guess the love has blossomed between them? Looking back to the stage, Taemin had step aside and Jongin walked casually to the front. Another song started to play, Jongin, who was looking down, quickly looked up and locked his eyes with mine.

His eyes were filled with passion and hidden desires that still a mystery for me. He did popping, locking, and other moves that I couldn’t name, but he still didn’t tore his gaze away from me, making me feeling all funny inside. After their solo performances, they made a formation and again, they danced to the song. Everybody in this room was captivated by their flawless moves, including the judges, who were the top choreographers in South Korea.

They ended their performance with a bow then they disappeared behind the curtain. I looked at Chohee to check her. She was all smiling and chuckling a little like a crazy girl, what did Taemin do to my best friend? That’s when Taemin and Sehun came and hugged me one by one.

“Where’s Jongin?” I asked, trying to be sounded like I care even though in reality, I didn’t care at all.

“He didn’t tell you? Kai is going to be away for two weeks. He’s going to spend his summer at the States.”

 

------

 

Two days after the competition

 

I checked my luggage for the last time then brought it to the living room where Taemin and my parents had waited for me to come down. As I told you, I’m going to spend this summer at Chohee’s cousin’s house in Daegu with my brother because we were invited to Chohee’s cousin’s wedding.

Actually, her cousin only invited me, but she said I could bring a friend or family to her wedding, so I brought my brother since he didn’t have much thing to do at the house. We’re going to take train to Daegu with Chohee’s family at noon, me and Taemin are going to the train station earlier because our house was quite far from the train station.

After we put our belongings to the trunk, we drove away to the train station with our parents. They wanted to thank Chohee’s family for inviting us to Chohee’s cousin’s wedding and asked them to take care of us while we’re staying with them. Once we arrived at the train station, we quickly got out from the car and brought our belongings inside the building. Chohee and her family were already there, waiting for us to come which made me feel guilty for being late. We bid goodbyes to our parents then followed Chohee and her family to the platform one.

When we finally found a place to sit, Chohee came to me and Taemin then we started talking.

“I can’t believe we’re going to spend this summer break together. We should’ve done this earlier!” Chohee jumped in her seat, making me and Taemin laughed at her childishness.

“I know right! If only Ae Cha and Sehun were here…. It would be the greatest vacation ever!”

“Why didn’t you mention Kai? You don’t miss him at all?” Taemin asked while nudging my arm jokingly.

I shrug. “Do whatever he wants, I don’t care.”

“Aww, don’t be like that! He was just jealous that day, don’t take it too serious.” Taemin nodded.

“Chohee was right, just forgive him already. You don’t know what could do in the States without you looking for him…” I raised my eyebrow.

“Seriously guys, why did you keep talking about the same thing everyday? Tell me where’s the dangerous part of Kim Jongin that I wouldn’t want to know. Now.”

That’s when our train came.

They were really lucky this time. But the next time we have our alone time, I will interrogate them.

And if it’s necessary, I could blackmailed them.

 

-----

 

A/N: I have to admit that the last chapter wasn't a good one. I was having a fever, but I felt the urge to write that chapter, so I wrote it but turned out, it wasn't what I had expected. I hope you would enjoy this chapter guys! For those who have subscribed, please don't be shy >.< I love to see your comments, so please comment? kkkk

Anyway, I think I will not update that often in a week... I have my midterm test on thursday, so maybe I will update again on friday/saturday/sunday please be patient!

Comments and subscribers are loved!