27

This Is Not What I Expected

--Chapter 27--

 

-----

 

“Class dismissed, have a nice weekend kids!” Professor Byun said, earning loud laughter from the students. I shoved my things to my Gucci and made my way toward the door, bobbing my hide to each sides to look for Ae Cha and her long-time boyfriend, Jonghyun.

It had been four years since he left me to the States to continue his study, yet we still kept this ship sailing, held onto the promise we made and waiting ‘till that day come. The day he would come back to me and gave me his forever. For four years, we had been communicating via social networks like Skype and E-mail. At first, I thought long distance relationship wouldn’t work with us, but I thought wrong. Being honest to each other is the key.

When we had time, we would always tell each other about what we were doing and with who since we didn’t want to cause a misunderstanding, and it worked. For four years, we got so many confessions from the opposite and we told each other about that. There was one time when Jongin got a confession from the prettiest student there and the girl was crazy about him. She kissed Jongin when we were Skype-ing and I didn’t talk to Jongin for days.

But thanks to Sehun who told me the real story. It was the longest fight I had with Jongin, and it wasn’t a good one too.

My brother and Chohee were no longer boyfriend and girlfriend. After three years of being together, Taemin finally decided to bring their relationship into a new level. He proposed to Chohee three months ago and would have their wedding ceremony next month.

Meanwhile, Ae Cha and Jonghyun got together after Jongin moved to the States. They always fight, but it only made them grew stronger and loved each other more. I am so happy to see my best friends already got their happy endings. Even Soojung and Sehun were a couple now.

I sighed, “When will I get mine?”

“When will you get mine what?” Ae Cha asked while waving her hand in front of my face. I shook my head. “Nothing.. Just forget it.”

“Are you sure? You look...horrible?” I raised my eyebrow, “Do I?”

“Yes! Did Jongin hurt you or something?!” She asked, widening her eyes in the proccess. What a drama queen..

“No! It’s nothing, okay? Where is Jonghyun by the way?” Ae Cha shrugged and looked away. Again, they had an unnecessary fight. “You guys should stop fighting for God’s sake!”

“I know, I know. It’s just that..... He’s so annoying! He always get mad whenever I talk to a guy and he will give me a cold shoulder afterward, how can I not be mad at him if he always does that?!”

I knew all along that Jonghyun was the jealous type person, but I didn’t know how this girl is so oblivious with his boyfriend’s feeling? “Why are you so oblivious, Ae Cha? I thought you were smarter than this.”

“What do you mean by that....” I sighed, “Jonghyun is jealous. He wants you all for himself, he doesn’t like to share. Guys always do that when they get jealous, even Jongin. You guys should make up like now!” Ae Cha made an O shape with and quickly ran to wherever Jonghyun was. I chuckled to myself as I remembered those torturing weeks when Jongin and I had a huge misunderstanding because of his sister.

After we got together, Ah Ra had apologized to me and we grew closer afterward. She had been a nice soon-to-be-sister-in-law to me and I felt so grateful to finally have sister. Two sisters to be exact since Jongin had another sister, Hana. The Kims always invited me to their family gathering along with Taemin who brought Chohee to accompany me. At first, it was really awkward and uncomfortable since Jongin wasn’t there. But soon it got better and somehow, I made friends with their cousins.

I walked down to the isolated part of the university and sat under a tree while waiting for Ae Cha’s call. We were supposed to go to Daewon High with the others but since Ae Chan and Jonghyun were MAYBE busy making out right now, I had no choice but to wait for them.

The summer breeze were blowing pleasantly today. A good memories suddenly flooding my mind as I realized that it was summer time now. The day I made a deal with Jongin was on our summer holliday. I, unconciously smiled to myself whenever I recalled that day. At that time, I still had a huge crush on Oh Sehun and thought meeting Jongin was a bad luck for me. But seeing us right now, I think that day was magical.

Who would have thought... The school heart throbe would have a special thing for a nobody like me?

“I was a school heart throbe?” A deep, husky voice echoed in my ears. Was this just my imagination or this was real? I turned my head to the side and found a tall, slender, and gorgeous looking guy, staring back at me with his beautiful dark orbs. He looked really great with a white button up shirt and dark jeans. His dark, fluffy hair was slighly blocking his eyes but I could tell, his eyes were on mine. I stood up from my sitting position and approached him just to make sure this wasn’t just my hallucination.

Firts, I touched the both sides of his face, then up to his hair, get down to his lips, and placed my hands on the both sides of his face again. His smile was evident and I could tell, he missed me a lot judging by the way he kissed me.

The kiss started as a sweet, breathtaking kiss but soon i got rough and passionate as if it was our last chance to share a kiss. He places his slender hands on my waist as we lip locked under the tree. He nibbled my lower lip, asking me to give a permission and I gave it. Our tongues were tangled and a moan escaped from my mouth, making him smirk on my lips.

“Jongin...” I managed to say between the kiss, “I missed you.”

“I missed you too, princess..” He gave me a last peck then pulled me into a tight embrace. I burried my face on his chest as he my hair lovingly. After all these torturing years, I could finally kiss and hug him like this again. I thought he would come to Seoul next week, but I guess he wanted to give me a surprise by coming home one week earlier.

“I thought you were coming next week..” I said, still burrying my face on his chest. He chuckled. “I lied to you Soyoung. I wanted to make a surprise for you and I guess it worked?”

“You did a good job jerk face.”

“I love you too princess~”

“So, how did you find me here? This is the isolated part of the university and no one comes here except... Me of course.” He pushed me a little bit and cupped my face. “I have my ways.”

I rolled my eyes. “Sure you have.”

“Come on, don’t be mad okay? I flirted with girls just to find you.” He smiled, “I came here to fulfill our promise.” I looked up to see him with tears welled up in my eyes. He frowned at the sight of me crying and gently, wiped my tears with his thumbs. “Don’t cry... I don’t like to see you cry..”

“It’s happy tears you silly, I’m so happy to see you back.”

He grinned. “Really?”

“Of course! Why would I spend four years—“

“Would you marry me?” Those four magical words came out smoothly from his mouth, making my heart melted and my lips sealed as my heartbeat sped up. His twinkling eyes were pleading, begging to hear a positive answer from my mouth. “I-I do!”

A bright smile started to form on his plump lips. Jongin took me by the waist and twirled me around, whispering ‘i love you’ to me and kissed every part of my face. Seeing us right now, I felt so stupid for hating him before. He was the best thing that ever happened in my life and I never regretted him for threatening me that years.

This wasn’t what I expected when I was still in high school. Marrying Kim Jongin was the last thing that came to my mind that time, but now, marrying him feels so right. I don’t know what will happen next but I’m going to cherish every moment we have and give him my forever.

I his left cheek with my index finger and whispered, “I love you.”

“I love you too, princess.”

 

 

-----

 

A/N: I'm not really good at writing endings, so I'm really sorry if it isn't //that// good T^T anyway, 

THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SUBSCRIBED, COMMENTED, AND READ THIS STORY OF MINE. I never thought I would get this much love from everyone and even though I never replied to your comments, I do read all of them and feel touched :") 

This might be the final chapter of this story, but I do have a new one and it's about............

 

Cross the Line

Yes, it's about Luhan :3

Feel free to subscribe and once again, THANK YOU <333