03

This Is Not What I Expected

 

-Chapter 03-

 

-----

 

I stared at his face for a couple of seconds then turned away.

What did I do to deserve this? I’m 100% sure that I already wrote his name on the letter, NOT this devil’s. He should’ve given the letter to his friend right? Why did he took it and lied to his friend? I remember he was kinda shocked when he got the letter—according to his voice since I was in the toilet at that time. So, he already read the letter right? But why he didn’t give it to his friend?!

“I know you’re shocked about this whole thing, but you’re the one who started it. You put this letter on my locker, I read it, and I want you to be mine, no, you HAVE to be mine.” I raised my eyebrow.

“I wrote his name on the letter, NOT YOU. Now give me back my letter and leave me alone.” I said, raising my voice because I’m getting annoyed with his attitude. He stood up from the ground and walked away from me while holding my letter in his hand. I quickly followed him, fighting the urge to punch and stab him from behind because there are too many people here. He walked to his Yamaha Scorpio and pulled dozens of paper from the trunk. I was wondering why he brought those papers here until I realized they were my love letter! It got copied to dozens of paper, this guy was such a devil.

“What are you doing with those papers?!” He smirked.

“You know what I would do with these Soyoung-ah, don’t act like you don’t know.” I looked at him in disbelief as he started to read the first line of my love letter.

‘…. I’ve liked you for almost a year now, I wonder if you feel the same way too?’ Hmm…. How about no? “ He stepped forward and adjusted his height to me, still reading my love letter loudly and playfully.

“ ‘is it always this hurt to love someone who doesn’t even know your existence? But why do I keep holding onto the hope?’ Seriously Soyoung, he will not return your feelings if you don’t believe in yourself. Don’t be too hopeless geez.” I shut my eyes for a second then push him with all my strength. But he caught my hands with his other hand and brought me closer to him.

“Do you think you can beat me that easy?” He smiled. “No. So if you want this papers to stay safe, you have to follow everything I say. Including you, being my girlfriend.” He said, emphasizing the ‘you’ part while closing the distance between us. I sighed.

“Why are you doing this to me? What did I do to deserve this?!” He stayed silent for a second, but didn’t break the eye contact. From this sight, I have to admit that he’s handsome and undeniably gorgeous, but with his attitude issues, his good looks didn’t affect me. At all.

After a quite long time, he finally released my hands and walked back to his Yamaha, avoiding my question like Taemin always did when he did something bad. He suddenly turned his body to me and said, “What are you doing there? Come here! We’re going to have lunch.” I stood still. Don’t want to follow his order even though I know I should.

“Aish jinja.” He made his way toward me and grabbed my hand forcefully, making me yelped in pain because of his tight grip.

“Jongin sunbae-nim! It hurts….” I whined, trying to pull my hand back, but it only makes him tighten his grip on me.

He chuckles. “Soyoung-ah, we’re boyfriend and girlfriend now. You do know that when you have a boyfriend, you have to call them ‘Oppa’ right?” I squinted my eyes.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” He hopped on to his Yamaha then pulled me to sit behind him which made me blush. He turned his head to me.

“Call me Jongin Oppa. You are the only girl that allowed to call me Jongin Oppa. Consider yourself lucky.”

“Why would I call you that?”

“Because your secret is in my hand. The whole school will not know about this if you play this game perfectly.” Jongin said, grabbing both of my hands and circled it around his stomach.

He the engine and drove us to where he wants to go. But before we left the playground, I could hear he said ‘I don’t know’ to me, but I didn’t understand what he meant by that. So I didn’t bother to ask him and stayed silent until we arrived at our destination.

 

 

We took a seat beside the window and called the waitress to order our foods.

“So, what do you want to order?” asked the waitress, eyeing Jongin from head to toe like he was some kind of Greek God that happened to visit this place. I rolled my eyes at the waitress and got caught by Jongin, so he placed his hand on mine and smiled affectionately to me.

“What do you want to order, princess?” He asked, still giving me his best smile to make the waitress go away.

I took a glance to the waitress and found her smiling bitterly to me like what the ?

“Ahh…. Fettuccine and ice lemon tea are fine.”

“You don’t want anything else?” I shook my head.

“No..?” He chuckled.

“One Fettuccine, one Sirloin Steak and two Ice Lemon Teas then.”

“I’ll bring your order once they’re ready. If you need something else, just call me. I’m Jina by the way.” The waitress said, trying to get Jongin’s attention, but he only set his eyes on me which made me blush. Again. Once that Jina girl out of our sight, Jongin almost immediately laughed at the previous scene and pointed his finger on me. I raised my eyebrow.

“Why did you send her off? She’s quite pretty for a waitress and she clearly LIKES you!” He stopped his laughter and smirked.

“You want to get away from me that bad, aren’t you?” I nodded nonchalantly, making him leaned forward to me ‘till I could feel his hot breath on my skin.

“Tell me Soyoung-ah, why do I have to chase that waitress if I already have you in the first place?”

 

“You do not have me, Kim Jongin, you blackmailed me! We don’t even have the same feelings to start a relationship, what makes you think I’m yours?”

“Who said we don’t?” I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“I don’t love you. You don’t love me. There’s no chemistry between us!”

“Who said I don’t?” He asked, staring at me with those brown orbs while smiling like a kid. If you were on my shoes, you would be fluttered by the way he looked at you. But I know he was just joking to make me feel annoyed and kept trying to win the game, so I didn’t show any expression on my face and kept staring at him.

“I still don’t understand why are you doing this, Jongin sunbae-nim. You haven’t answered my question.”

He was about to say something when suddenly, that Jina girl popped out of nowhere and brought our orders with her.

“Enjoy the meal!” She said, smiling sweetly to Jongin before she leaves. I rolled my eyes at her then started to digging my Fettuccine which looked so delicious. Jongin still didn’t want to answer my question, I’ll blame that stupid waitress for interrupting him who wanted to answer earlier. If only Jina didn’t come with our foods….. Maybe I wouldn’t be this curious now.

“Tomorrow me, Taemin, and Sehun are going to practice in the studio.” I stopped eating and looked up.

“So?”

“So, you have to bring lunch for me to the studio. Don’t bring it for Taemin, don’t bring it for yourself, and most important, don’t bring it for Sehun. Just me.” I leaned forward to him and squinted my eyes.

“Why would I do that for you?”

 

“Because your secret is in my hand.” He swayed the papers in my face and smirked.

I groan. “If you give the papers to Sehun Oppa, I would be thankful and considered you as a nice person.” He chuckled and stopped eating his food.

“I still want to have fun with you princess, I’m not going to give these papers or the original one to Sehun…..yet.” My face lightened up when he said he would give my love letter to Sehun later. Even though he didn’t mention when, but he’s still going to give the letter to his friend and that mean, I still have a hope to be with Sehun!

He smiles. “But like what I said before, you have to be my girlfriend for the time being. You are mine and only mine. No one can take you away from me until I let you go.”

“If I don’t know you better, maybe I would think you like me Jongin sunbae-nim. You sound like a possessive boyfriend.” I said, finishing my Fettuccine with one bite. He smirked.

“Because I am.” I raised my eyebrow, blushing madly at the thoughts of him liking me.

“W-what do you mean by that?”

“What do I mean by that? Hmmm, what if I say I like you?”

“W-hat?” I said, looking away from him because I want to hide my now-red-faced .

For a couple of minute, I didn’t hear anything but other people’s voice in the restaurant until I looked back to Jongin and found him laughing silently. Clenching his stomach while covering his mouth with his other hand.

I tilt my head. “Are you always like this, jerkface?” He stopped laughing, but kept a smile plastered on his face.

“You should’ve seen your face! I never thought you would believe that lie, Soyoung-ah. I really did.”

“I want to go home. Goodbye.” I stood up from my chair and walked out from the restaurant, leaving Jongin behind and making him pay the bill. But that’s what a man should do right?

Standing at the bus stop, I pulled out my phone from my purse and called Taemin to pick me up, but he didn’t answer it! I almost threw my phone to the ground, but then I got stopped by a hand and the owner of his hand pulled me to his Yamaha.

Yeah, it was Jongin who stopped me from throwing my own phone to the ground.

He hopped on to his cycle and asked me to sit behind him which obviously I refused, but just like before, he pulled me to sit beside him and I, almost immediately, surrendered . He put my hands around his stomach then we drove away from the restaurant. I tightened my grip around his stomach as he sped up his Yamaha. I wonder if this guy was a secret racer? The way he drives this cycle makes me feel like going to die!

After a short trip from the restaurant, we finally arrived at my house and found Taemin washing his car. He had this blank look on his face when he saw me coming home with his best friend, I guess he would out in a minute if I didn’t call him sooner.

“Yah. Why didn’t you answer my call?”

“What is Kai doing here? Why are you coming home with him?”

I was about to answer Taemin when suddenly, Jongin pulled me into a quick hug and pressed his lips against my cheek.

He smiles. “Goodbye princess, goodbye buddy!”

Then he drove away. 

 

-----

 

A/N: Now you know who's that mysterious guy :3 isn't it a little bit obvious? lolol Kai and his mysterious look inspired me to do this fic :D 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Thanks for those who have subscribed and commented :)

LOVE U <333