23

This Is Not What I Expected

--Chapter 23--

 

------

 

My mouth was slightly opened as I stared at Jongin’s eyes who had turned dark after asking me so many questions about the scene he saw earlier. He didn’t want to belive me when I told him the real reason why I hugged Sehun and even accused me for cheating on him and stuff. I can’t believe he would accuse me bad things like that, who does he think he is?

“Cheating? Why would I cheat on you?” He scoffed.

“Of course you would. You have liked Sehun since God knows! Do you know how hurt I am seeing you with him?!”

“What am I to you, Jongin? What am I to you?!  Don’t you remember that we’re in a fake relationship?” From the corner of my eyes, I could see Ah Ra widening her eyes and an evil smirk spread across her lips. This girl must had done something dirty to make Jongin and I break-up.

Like what she always wanted.

Jongin didn’t say anything but kept his eyes fixed on mine, showing how hurt he was when he saw me hugging Sehun.

Is he by any chance.............like me too? The way he acted toward me was really strange and more like a real boyfriend than someone who wanted to torture me. However, I think this stupid misunderstanding would push us off the cliff.

Short story, I think this is the end of our fake relationship.

“Noona, could you please leave us for a moment?” I shifted my gaze to the evil witch and saw her walking to one of the bench nearby. I turned to look at Jongin again and found his face was inches away from mine. He placed one of his hand on my cheek, it so gently as he stared at my eyes with a hint of his sorrow on his.

We stayed like that for minutes untill he finally said the words that I always wanted to hear. The words that now, only making me felt horrible and broken.

 I felt vulnerable. I felt lost. I never showed my weakness to anyone until this day. I couldn’t stop the tears from rolling down on my face. The pain was too hard to handle, how could someone like him making me feel this way?

He said he wanted to break up. He said he would give the letter to Sehun so I can be with him. He didn’t know that what I wanted wasn’t Sehun, but him. He didn’t know that I was about to confess my feelings to him, hoping our love story would ended with the words ‘happily ever after’.

I tried to tell him about my feelings, but he always cut me off with his apologizes and confessions. Not the confessions I wanted to hear.

He wiped the tears on my face with his thumbs and kissed me lovingly on the forehead, traveled down to my nose, then stared at my lips for awhile until he finally pressed his lips onto mine. The kiss was sweet, beautiful, and magical, yet it felt so painful as I knew it was our first and last kiss.

He pulled away from me and my cheek again. “I’ve always wanted to do that for so long.... Too bad it was our and first and last kiss.” He chuckled.

“I like you Soyoung-ah.” I blinked. “I’ve liked you for so long, I.... I knew you have a huge crush on my best friend, that’s why I did this to you. I... want to get close to you.” He confessed, looking away as he got embarrassed at what he just said. I was supposed to confess my feelings for him too, but before I could do that, he already said goodbye and walked back to his motorbike.

I saw him calling Ah Ra from his motorbike and Ah Ra climbed to it, giving me her evil smirk before driving off with her brother. My body was trembling so bad as I recalled the painful scene earlier. I never thought I would be this sad when he broke up with me.

I always thought I would feel so happy when I could get rid of him, but my actions today spoke otherwise.

Feeling tired, I forced my legs to walk to the bus stop and waited for the bus to come.

The waiting was a pure torture for me, I couldn’t get my mind off what just happened earliear and the fact that I couldn’t stop the tears from falling down , didn’t make it any better. People were staring,  they may think I’m crazy and stupid for crying at the public place like this, but I could careless about them.

What would Taemin do if he knew about the whole thing between me and Jongin? I didn’t want to imagine what could a skinny boy like Taemin do to a muscular guy like Jongin to be honest, but I knew he would do anything to harm the bigger guy for me even though he knew, he couldn’t win the match with him.

After a quiet long time, the bus finally came. I took a seat on the back and leaned my head to the window as I watched the streets moving further away from where I am. Tons of memory came rushing back to my head, making my eyes teary and red.

I pulled my phone from my bag and typed a text to my best friends to come over to my house. I knew this would make Taemin curious and asked me what happened, but I really need someone to talk to right now.

“Aish, such a baby Soyoung.” I said to myself, wiping the tears from my face.

So.... This is how heart broken felt like. I used to wonder why girls kept crying over boys they had a crush on, but seeing me right now, I felt so stupid for mocking those girls before.

My phone vibrated two times when I walked out of the bus. Chohee and Ae Cha had agreed to come over and ready to hear everything. I scrolled down my messages and found so many texts from that guy.

Kim Jongin.

The guy that broke my heart for the first time.

 

 

------

 

A/N: This is the shortest chapter I ever wrote for this story TTuTT but I'll try to update tomorrow, so wait for me! Thanks for those who have subscribed and commented, I love you all!

Comments and subscribers are loved :D