26

This Is Not What I Expected

--Chapter 26--

 

------

 

“We haven’t had our first date yet.” I said while playing with his fingers that laid on my stomach. He smiled. “Where do you want to go princess? Namsan? Hongdae? Name it, your wish is my command.”

Kim Jongin, the guy who had claimed me as his girlfriend since last week , hadn’t brought me on a date yet. All we did this week was just cuddling and watching tv together at my house or his when Taemin was at home. I didn’t know how he still managed to laugh and smile when boredom got us so badly. He had said as long as he’s with me, he would never get bored but really? I knew he wasn’t the type of guys who love to stay at home on holidays, so it was really strange seeing him hadn’t brought me on a date yet.

I looked up to see him and found myself captivated by his beautiful dark orbs. He was so gorgeous and looked unreal whenever I saw him this close. Realizing that he was mine was the best feeling ever. He knew I was admiring his face features. Slowly, he leaned forward to me and place a long, desperate kiss on my lips. Something is definitely wrong with him, but I couldn’t tell what is it.

He pulled me up from my laying position and set me on his lap without breaking the kiss. The kiss was getting rough and passionate as we both pulled each other closer until there was no space left between us. I lightly shoved his body away and broke the kiss to get some air. I grabbed his cheeks with my hands and forced him to look at me.

His eyes were really dark and filled with lust, but there was a hint of sadness that’s make my heart cringed as our eyes locked.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him, his cheek with my finger as he looked away from me. He heaved a sigh. “I-I don’t know.....”

“I know something is wrong, don’t lie!”

“I can’t tell you now! I-I just can’t!”

“Are you cheating on me..?” He pushed me aside then walked to the kitchen, running his hand through his hair as he stopped in front of the fridge. “Are you........cheating on me?!”

“I WOULD NEVER DO THAT, geez, what’s wrong with you?”

“I should be the one to ask that! “ I hit his back multiple times until he turned around and pulled me into his embrace. A small sob escaped from my mouth and he heard that. “I hate being so vulnerable when I’m with you, Jongin. I really. Hate it.” He didn’t say anything and remained quiet as his hand my hair while the other placed around my waist. His head was rested on my shoulder, I could feel his hot breath on my neck and it was making me weak.

 

 

“I’m going to the States next month.” He finally said it. The words I had been waiting to hear from his mouth.

Taemin had told me about Jongin going to continue his study at the States due to his father’s request. Before he entered the college life, he needs to learn english first for seven months then he could enter the chosen college and study there. The education system in our country makes him have to wait for seven months ‘till he could study in UC Berkeley. I didn’t know what to react to this news, but I’m quite sure, I would never force him to choose me over his education.

“Wait for me, okay? Four years isn’t a long time..”

I smiled. “I’ll be waiting...”

“Good girl..” He said, pushing me lightly from him and gave a sweet kiss on my lips. I pulled away. “I know where to go for our first date.”

“Where?”

 

------

 

The cold breeze of winter hit my face as I strolled around the beach with Jongin following behind me, insisting to carry our stuff to make him look like a complete gentleman. I chuckled to myself as he put down our things to the ground and collapsed with his mouth wide opened to breathe.

“You look like a stupid fish you know.”

“But you love this stupid fish, don’t you.” I laid to the ground next to him and smiled. “ I do.”

“You do?” He asked as he put his elbow next to him and supported his head with it. “I do, what do you want me to say Jongin-ah?”

“Aish, when will you call me wit oppa, huh?”

I tapped my chin as if I’m thinking. “Hmm...... Never?”

“Yah!” I was already running away from him when he shouted. It was really fun teasing him like that because I knew he wouldn’t be mad at me even if i didn’t call him with oppa. He wasn’t a demanding boyfriend, that’s why this oppa issue didn’t make him mad.

I kept running on the sand with my converse still covering my foot. It was kind of hard running with my shoes still put on my foot, so I threw those away and it accidentally hit Jongin’s face. “Do you hate me that much, Soyoung-ah?” He asked me while rubbing his hand to his left cheek.

I chuckled. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to throw it to you...” He gave me a sly smirk then lifted me bridal style. “W-what are you doing?!”

“Giving you punishment, sweetheart~ it would be a little bit wet, so brace yourself.”

“Jongin!” He took me to the shore and threw me to the water after teasing me a little bit. We both ended up splashing water to each other and shared a deep kiss before changing our clothes and set the fire to warm us up.

It was already night when we finally seated close to the fire and ate our dinner with a blanket covering us. We feed each other food and played with it as we almost finished eating. I don’t want this night to end. I don’t want him to go away. I want to stay like this. Forever.

Guilty washed over me as he wished I could realize my feeling sooner so we could have more time to spend unlike this, but he didn’t blame me though. He said maybe it had to be like this so we could have a strong bond when he’s abroad.

Me and Jongin were laying on the ground as we stargazing and imagining the stars were animals.

“That looks like monkey!” I pointed to the sky. He smiled. “Isn’t that your sibling, Soyoung-ah?”

“Yah!”

“Hey, hey. I’m just kidding!”

“Whatever... I always think you look like monkey, to be honest.” Suddenly, he got on top of me and trapped me with his arms.

“You didn’t say..”

“I did say that, you look like monkey.”

“Well your punishment is waiting for you.” With that, he tickled my waist with his fingers, gaining a loud laugh from me. “S-stop!”

“Not until you take back what you said.” He said in his deep, husky voice. I surrendered and took back what I said to him. He didn’t get off me even though I had said what he wanted to hear and gave a chaste kiss on my lips instead. His kiss was really slow, yet I could feel his true feelings through the kiss. The kiss was really intense, but it wasn’t a rough nor it was a passionate kiss too.

It was just................

Sweet.

“When I come back to here, I will steal you away and make you mine. Forever.” He pulled out a gold ring with a blue diamond on top of it. I covered my mouth with the back of my hand as he showed his name engraved to the inside part of the ring. “I know this is too fast, but I just.... Love you too much and I have to claim you before anyone could.”

“Jongin...”

“I’m not asking you to marry me now, but I just want everyone knows that you’re mine.” He blushed. “Take this as a promise ring, okay? I believe in you.”

“I will.” And then we shared another kiss underneath the stars.

 

------

 

A/N: Sorry for the long wait! I was really busy with school event till i didn't have time to update this story T_T but anyway, this is the new chapter for you! The next chapter MAYBE is the final chapter for this story, it's such a short time eh?

Thank you for all the loves, comments, and supports in any kind of ways you gave to me. I know it isn't that much, but I never gained this much subscribers and views lmao!

Comments and subscribers are loved :D