15

This Is Not What I Expected

--Chapter 15--

 

-------

 

 

The day had come.

I had been standing in front of my house for 15 minutes, yet the driver hadn’t come. Some of you maybe wondering why Jongin did not take me to the ball himself, but asking his driver right? Well, he said he was really busy today and did not have time to pick me up.

I did not mind it though, I actually felt grateful about it. Why?

Because, I did not want him to see me in this dress. I looked ridiculous.

I did not want him to mock and teased me about how do I look, so I felt really grateful when he said he couldn’t pick me up to the ball. You do know how he always got me on my nerves right?

Brushing my exposed arms, I felt my phone vibrated from my clutch and blasted my message song. I quickly rummaged my clutch and picked my phone, opening the message just to find Soojung’s name on the screen. I sighed.

 

From: Soojung^^

 

Soyoung-ah!!! I’ll see you at the ball~ don’t be late^^

 

To: Soojung^^

 

Ne, I’m waiting for the driver now. See you at the ball~

 

I clicked the send button then put my phone back to the clutch.

After the ‘shopping’ time with Soojung yesterday, she did not bring that topic anymore even though I felt like talking about it with her. She acted like her usual self (clingy, annoying, and talking about Sehun all the time) but the atmosphere between us wasn’t as comfortable as it used to.

She was a little bit more intimidating and the way she talked about Sehun was more intense than before, I wondered if she knew about my feelings toward Sehun… It seems like she did not want me to interpret their relationship even though she knew I wasn’t a single lady anymore.

Well, at least it’s what people saw from seeing me and Jongin together.

I was too engrossed with the thoughts of Sehun and Soojung until I did not realized that the driver had arrived and honked three times. Bowing to the driver, I quickly came inside the car and sat on the backseat.

I looked around the car and realized how rich Jongin was, had a Cadillac and could throw a big party at Ritz Carlton (the invitation said it was Jongin’s family who threw the ball).

 

“I’m sorry for not picking you up earlier, Agassi. The traffic was really bad.” The driver explained. I smiled through the rear mirror. “Nah, it was okay Ahjussi. Jongin would understand.”

“Don’t call me with Ahjussi please, I’m not that old to begin with.” He chuckled, making me realized how familiar his voice was to my ear.

I pushed those thoughts away then asked him how old is him. His answer was not what I expected to be…

 

“I’m 20.”

“What?!” I blushed at my outburst but continued anyway. “How….do you manage to study and working as his family’s driver at the same time..? I mean… It’s not something easy to do…”

He chuckled again. “No wonder Jongin-ssi chose you as his girlfriend. You’re so cute!” I did not reply him and just smiled, avoiding the question because the truth about my relationship with Jongin wasn’t as beautiful as it seemed.

We fooled everyone with our fake relationship, yet Jongin did not show the sign of guilty from him. He even enjoyed every bit of the attention on us like a selfish child who wanted their mom’s attention. I shook my head at the thoughts of it and decided to look outside the window.

The sky was getting dark and the moon was already set at its place, shining brightly as the clouds covered the lower part of it. For some reason, I always mesmerized whenever I saw the full moon from a car. If you ever watched some movies with the full moon in it, you would feel the same way.

I remembered how obsessed I am with full moon and always dragged Taemin to our favorite place when there was a full moon. He was really annoyed by my obsession with full moon, but he never once rejected me when I dragged him out of his nest.

Hate to say this, but he’s the best brother I could ever ask. He loves me and even though I always acted like a b**ch to him, he would always be there and helped me out.

I sighed then turned to the front again just to find the driver staring at me from the driver seat. Before I could ask him about that, he quickly looked away from me and cleared his throat, clearly avoiding me. Something about the driver seemed a bit off. I did not know what it is, but I could tell his voice was really familiar to my ear.

Did I ever meet him before?

But when? And where did we meet?

After a quite long time, we finally arrived at Ritz Carlton. Saying thank you to the driver, I quickly came out from the car and made my way to the lobby where Soojung had been waiting for me.

Yes, she just texted me that she would wait for me at the lobby because her parents were not coming with her tonight, so she came to here all alone and wanted me to accompany her.

 

“Soyoung-ah!” Soojung shouted my name as I stepped in to the building. I gave her a small smile and made my way to her who wasn’t alone anymore.

But with Sehun.

“Annyeong!”

“Annyeong Soojung, Sehun..” I greeted back, fiddling with my hands as Sehun stood beside me.

“You forgot to wear your mask…”

“Wha-oh!” I quickly put my mask on and felt stupid for not doing it earlier. How could I forget about the most important thing in masquerade ball?!

Sehun and Soojung laughed at my silliness then dragged me inside the ball room with other people walking into the ball room too. The ball room was really huge and well-decorated, I couldn’t help myself but to stare at the wide dance floor which already filled with adolescents and some adults.

Jongin was supposed to be here, coming as my date and annoying the hell out of me as usual but surprisingly, he hadn’t come. Sehun and Soojung were already at the dance floor and ready to dance, so I quickly joint them even though I did not know who was my partner.

When the song started, the boys and the girls walked forward and faced their partners, putting their hands on their partners’ shoulder or waist. My partner was a funny-looking guy with big glasses on his face. He gave me a big grin, but I only gave him a small smile.

“I never saw you before. New to this world?”  The guy asked. I raised my eyebrow. “What do you mean by this ‘world’?”

He tightened his grip on me. “You know, the elites? Rich people? You are clearly new to our world.”

“Ugh…”

 

 

“I’m sorry, but I have to steal my girlfriend from you.” I turned my head to the right and found a tall handsome guy smiling at us as he grabbed my hand from the weird guy’s shoulder. The guy scowled.

“Who the hell are you? Don’t you know who I am?!” The mysterious guy smirked. “Of course I know you, Taesung. Now give me back my property.”

“You little!” The weird guy about to punch the mysterious guy, but he quickly grabbed the weird guy’s hand and pulled his mask off, revealing his face. The weird guy widened his eyes and quickly left us after saying sorry a couple of times. That was strange….

Without saying anything, they mysterious guy pulled me by the waist and gently put my hand on his broad shoulder. He smirked.

 

 

“Missed me, my princess?”

 

-------

 

A/N: not feeling satisfied, but it's a quite good chapter though lol. thank you for those who have subscribed and commented to this story, I REALLY LOVE YOU <333

comments and subscribers are loved :DD