25

This Is Not What I Expected

--Chapter 25--

 

------

 

Kai’s POV

 

Weeks have passed and the final exam was already over.

I haven’t had the time to give Sehun the love letter since school had been so hectic these weeks and I think Sehun is busy with college stuff too. For the past few weeks I had tried my best to avoid her by eating lunch at the rooftop or going home early. Sometimes I would ask Taemin how’s she doing and he would say Soyoung is doing fine and handled the heartbreak really good.

Taemin didn’t ask me why we broke up though, but I knew Soyoung already told him everything. He often asked me how I felt toward Soyoung and how hard it was for me to handle the breakup, so I guess Soyoung had told him everything because Taemin rarely cared about something like that. Or he would already punched me if he didn’t know the reason, right?

I walked down the hallway as the final exam finally over. I spotted Taemin and Sehun sitting under a tree with a couple of guys, I think this was the best opportunity to give the letter to Sehun. Shuffling to where they stood, I pulled out the pink envelope from my bag and held it tightly at my hand as if my life depends on it.

Taemin, who was the nearest person from me, turned his head to me and grinned. I gave him a quick smile and made my way toward Sehun. Ever since Soyoung and I broke up, Sehun often gave me death glares and ignored me if we met in school. It wasn’t a secret anymore that Sehun and Soyoung were getting closer after we broke up.

Some people spread nasty rumors about me being cheated on and I quickly clarified it. It was my fault for asking her to be my fake girlfriend just to satisfy my used-to-be-hidden-desire, but people kept blaming her for something she didn’t do.

“Sehun-ah” I called him as I patted his shoulder.

Sehun turned his head to me and scoffed. I sighed. “Can we talk?”

“Talk about what?”

“About......her.” He raised his eyebrow but agreed to it. We distanced ourselves from the rest as I saw Taemin eyeing us suspiciously. Hope he wouldn’t walk to us and asked what happens.

“What do you want to talk about?” Sehun asked, folding his arms and stared at the tree behind me. I handed the letter. “It’s from her. For you.”

He scoffed. “She will call me if she wants to tell something.”

“She made this.... Three months ago. I should’ve given this to you, but I didn’t. I’m sorry.” He stared at me for a second then accepted the letter. He tore the envelope apart and pulled put the letter, reading it carefully as he smiled at some parts.

He folded the paper carefully and shoved it to his pocket. “I wish I knew this earlier.”

“Yeah, maybe you would’ve been boyfriend and girlfriend for three months now. I’m so sorry.”

“No, it wasn’t because of that. It’s just... Her heart doesn’t belong to me.” I couldn’t hide the shock feeling and widened my eyes as I heard him saying that. If her heart didn’t belong to him, than to who?

“But I saw you hugging her that day...”

“She just rejected my love confession. For you. And she told me to accept Soojung’s love which I did and now I’m trying to find the right time to ask her out.” He chuckled.

“She likes you Kai. She likes you a lot.” Oh. Perfect. Just so perfect. I had lost the person that I love just because of misunderstanding? You’re so stupid Kai, soooooo stupid. I didn’t know how to react to this, this is too sudden, I couldn’t stop the euphoria to spread all over my body. Sehun noticed this and patted my shoulder with a smile platered on his face.

“Save your love, young man.” With that, I sprinted to my motorbike in the parking lot and quickly ride it to her house. I shouldn’t had believed in Ah Ra’s words and ignored Soyoung when she tried to give me an explanation. Maybe if I listened to her explanation, I would’ve said no to my father and studied here with her by my side.

But it’s already settled. I’m going to study abroad. I didn’t know how to tell her about my departure next month. I’m afraid she wouldn’t take this smoothly and didn’t want to wait for me, but I would never leave her. The distance between South Korea and US wouldn’t make my love for her weaker instead, it would only make it stronger.

Every second that we spent would be meaningful and I would cherish it. And when I finally come back to my hometown,

I would see her in a white gown and a beautiful veil, walking down the aisle as I waited for her at the altar. Our family is going to be there and cheering for us, like what I always wanted.

I parked my motorbike oin front of her house and heaved a sigh before I pushed the bell button. My hands were sweating and my heart beat a little bit faster that what it should be, what if she rejected me and didn’t want to see me anymore?

After a few minutes, the finally opened and there she was, standing like a Goddess with her hair pulled up into a bun. She widened her eyes when I crashed my lips onto her and held her tight like she would disappear if i didn’t do it. Soyoung was shocked with my sudden appearance, but she kissed me back anyway.

I poured all of my feelings to her by kissing her passionately. The kiss was a little bit rough, but still sweet as our hearts transformed into one. If this was a movie, maybe fireworks were already playing at our backs.

We pulled away from each other with a smooch sound, Her face was red and a small smile appeared on my face. “I’ve heard everything from Sehun. I’m really sorry..”

“Sshhh, it’s okay. As long as you’re with me now, it doesn’t matter anymore.” I her cheek so gently then pressed my lips against her forehead. “I love you Soyoung..”

 

“I love you too... Jongin.” She whispered.

That’s the end of our story and we live happily ever after like what we usually read in bed time stories.

But I forgot that we couldn’t get a ‘happily ever after’...................................yet.

 

------

 

A/N: I've been updating a lot lately, aren't I? Lmao I will try to update a chapter this week because I can't update this story on the next weekend. I have a school event on saturday and my cousin is getting married on sunday, it's going to be tiring ugh ;~;

Anyway, I haven't checked the grammar that I use on this chapter so if you found any grammatical error, I'm really sorry >.<

Thank your for all of you who have support this story by commenting, subscribing or just reading it hehe I love you all <3

Comments and subscribers are loved :DD