Chapter 12

The Perfect Gift

Hana’s party as we discovered, was not so much a party as it was a time for people to dote on her.  Her little face, with her mesmerizing eyes, contagious laugh, and sweet spirit just drew people in and triggered some need within them to love and protect her-something I was grateful for. Jonghyun’s sister couldn’t get enough of Hana, she followed her everywhere, played every single game Hana wanted to play, and practically smothered her with love. I swear that woman needed to get hitched so she could have a child of her own. My brother showed up late but in his defense his entire group wanted to come meet her and they could take forever to get ready when they felt lazy. But nevertheless, I was still just as happy to see them as I would’ve been had they arrived on time. The moment I had opened the door my brother had pulled me into one of his infamous, squish-you-while-swinging-you-around-and-shouting-how-much-he-missed-you hugs but I was used to them so I didn’t mind.

“Hey Kibummie! I missed ya!” He practically shouted in my ear

“Can’t...breathe…” I pretended to be gasping for air

“Oh!” he set me down while the rest of his group laughed to themselves “Sorry bro! Sooo where’s your daughter?! I want to meet my niece so badly!” His eyes were scanning our living room trying to see if he could find her. Of course he couldn’t, she had stolen 2min and Jonghyun to her room to play dress up.

“She’s in her room with Jonghyun, Taemin, and Minho right now.” I smiled at s behind him just awkwardly standing there, not sure what to do. “Hey hyungs! How are you?”

“We’re good, tired after all our concerts but happy that it’s over so we get a break.” The oldest hyung, T.O.P. as we all called him (his real name being Seunghyun but there were two members in the group with the same name so the company changed them to avoid confusion.) responded to me in his ever so deep voice.

“Yeah, I bet! How’s your voice Daesung hyung?” I looked at the blond boy standing next to T.O.P. wearing his famous smile that took up his entire face. Daesung is, as mega cheesy as it sounds, their ray of sunshine. He was almost always smiling, always kind to everyone he met, and tried to make even the darkest of moods a little brighter. I really enjoyed spending time with him especially.

“It’s better, I just got a sore throat from that runny nose I had and then from trying to sing while it was sore. But it wasn’t that big of a deal, the media just blew it waaaayyyy outta proportion.” He smiled back at me.

“I’m glad to hear that it’s all better now. How are you Youngbae? Seungri?”

“I’m good. Just like hyung said, I’m glad to be back and to have some much needed rest time.” Youngbae said. I think out of all of the members, Youngbae was the quietest of the bunch, mainly because he was much happier listening than he was talking. He was that member that acted like a counselor at times, but he loved to joke around and play with people he was close with, so he was much more talkative around us.

“Same.” Seungri added. The best way to describe Seungri would be to say he is the maknae from hell. He wasn’t evil per se but he had a big mouth. He didn’t think much before he spoke thus, he had a tendency to reveal a little too much about his hyungs and their habits, and more often than not, the things he revealed weren’t things they necessarily wanted everyone to know. He was like that kid in class that was always talking and sometimes got the entire class in trouble because of it. My brother told me that whenever he opened his mouth during variety shows and interviews the members all get tense and if, God forbid, he had a solo schedule, the other members all just about had heart attacks. So sometimes they would go to their managers and ask them to book as little amounts of solo schedules for him as physically possible.

“So, when are you going to let us see this daughter of yours! We’ve been dying to meet her after hearing Jiyong hyung talk and talk about her for the past month!” Daesung asked me in his cheerful voice. I laughed at his comment. Of course my brother would be bragging about her before he met her, he loved our family dearly, and she was his niece therefore he adored her without having to meet her.

“Right now, like I said she’s playing with Minho, Taemin, and Jonghyun.” I told them leading everyone to her room. Sure enough, there was 2min all dressed up with bows and crowns on their heads and my wonderful husband wearing heels and that tutu that only went to his knees, and my daughter still in her new outfit smiling proudly at her work. The sight of the three of them was just too funny bless their hearts.

“Well, Jonghyun,” my brother said in an almost whisper “This is a new look for you, I don’t know what to say bud.”

“Oh shut up!” Jonghyun stuck his tongue out like a child and responded in his best stereotypical gay voice “I look fabulous! Right Key?”

“Whatever you say, yeobo.” I fought to hold back my laughter. But my self control broke when Daesung couldn’t fight it anymore and broke into a fit of laughter, everyone else joining him.

“I just-I can’t-Oh my God!” Daesung choked out in between laughs. While we were laughing Hana walked over to me and reached her arms up, her silent way of asking me to pick her up. I was going to miss picking her up and walking around with her once she got too heavy for me to carry her.

“Umma, who are they.” She asked me eying my brother and his friends curiously

“This is Umma’s big brother and his friends,” I explained to her turning to face them “Say ‘hi’”

“Annyeonghaseyo, je ireumeun Hana imnida.” She bowed as much as she could while in my arms. Jonghyun got this big goofy grin on his face, clearly proud that his daughter was so respectful, something that people rarely expect from someone who is of any other race besides Korean.

“Annyeong Hana,” My brother said walking up to us “What a well behaved daughter you have Kibummie.”

“Thank you.” I grinned proudly before kissing the top of her head “We try very hard to teach her good manners.” My brother nodded his head while looking at my daughter, I watched as he took in all of her features and I saw his eyes widen briefly once he made eye contact with her.

“Can I hold her?” He asked me

“Why are you asking me? Ask her.” I nodded my head towards Hana who was clinging to my chest, still a little shy.

“Hana,” My brother looked at her smiling “Can I hold you.” She nodded her head after looking at me to make sure it was okay. Jiyong walked closer and she reached out so he could pull her into his arms. Once he did so, he got a grin that was so goofy it could rival Jonghyun’s on his face.

“Wow, you’re so light.” He said looking at me. It was true, Hana was very light mostly due to her fast metabolism. We had no problem getting her to eat, especially since she was going through a growth spurt, but her body processed the food so fast that she was hungry almost instantaneously it seemed at times.

“Hi,” T.O.P. said to her once she peeked her face around Jiyong’s shoulder to look at the rest of my brother’s entourage

“Hello.” She peeped

“How old are you turning today?” Daesung asked her stepping closer so he was right next to Jiyong, making her look in front of him.

“I’m six!” she smiled proudly. Leave it to Daesung to get her to open up so quickly with just one question.

“Wow, you’re a big girl!” My brother told her. I heard Jonghyun chuckle and I turned to give him a quick warning glare before turning back to my daughter and brother.

“Yeah! Someday I’m gonna be all grown up!”

“Oh good God, don’t remind us.” Jonghyun muttered to himself  

Slowly one by one, our guests began leaving, and by eight everyone but 2min, Onew, my brother, and his entourage of loveable dorks remained. After finally convincing Hana to go to be we all sat down in the living room and had a glass of soju. We told stories of when we were young, Jiyong told us how surprised he was that so much of my “divaness” had worn off onto Hana, and they shared funny stories from their concerts in Japan. Overall, the day had been one of my favorite days.

It was around ten when everyone had finally left, Jonghyun and I went to bed.

“Jonghyun?” I asked him while changing into my pjs

“Hmm?”

“Remember when Hana said that soon she was going to be all grown up?”

“Oh God, please tell me you aren’t bothered by that.” He flung an arm over his face.

“Yes I am, what are we going to say when she begins to realize that there’s no way that two men could’ve possibly created her and that she was adopted?”

“Then we tell her the truth and show her that video Alice had made for her when she got old enough to understand.”

“But, what if she resents us for it?”

“She wouldn’t. Do you not see how much she loves you? She couldn’t possibly genuinely hate you Key. Sure when she gets older she may think that she hates you at times, but at the end of it all, she will always love her Umma and her Appa no matter what. You know that.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. I just can’t help but worry about it.”

“We have plenty of time before she’s all grown. Just do what we always do; enjoy every moment we get with her and take each day minute by minute. Stop worrying over something that hasn’t happened yet, okay?”

“Ney.”

“Come here, I’m tired.”

“Then sleep.”

“You know I can’t sleep without you next to me.”

“Yes you can.” I pointed out while climbing into bed and turning to face him

“No I can’t.” He wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer.

“What are you going to do when I’m gone?”

“What do you mean? You planning on leaving me, yeobo?”

I smacked his chest getting an “Ow! What the hell?!” outta him before responding to him. “Of course not! But, what happens once we get old and die and I won’t be here for you to sleep next to?”

“Well, firstly, let’s not talk about that, it’s morbid and ruining the mood.” He held up two fingers “Second, I’ve already thought about that.” I raised my eyebrows “I’m going to take a body pillow and print you face on it so I can snuggle with you even when you’re gone.” I laughed at this ridiculous plan of his.

“And cuatro-”

“Cuatro means four, .” I

“Yeah well, I started this sentence off with ‘firstly’ then went to ‘second’ so clearly I don’t care at this point.” I laughed again “Like I was saying, I already told you that we just need to take each day one step at a time. Us dying is going to be a long time from now, and whether we like it or not, it’s inevitable so there’s no reason to worry about it right now. We’ll confront that issue when we get to it, okay?”

“Sounds like a plan,” I laid my head on his chest.

“I love you yeobo,” he said kissing me

“I love you too.” I whispered into his chest after reaching across him to turn off the lamp on his bedside table.

“Can we change sleeping positions? I hate sleeping like this, my arm always goes dead because your head cuts off my circulation.” He said into the darkness which earned him another smack on the chest before I rolled onto my side and we both drifted off to sleep with smiles on our faces.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

My friend is the best! She edited this for me while she was at lunch so I could get this up asap! I'm already hard at work on the next two chapters which have the "angst" I was talking about in my note at the end of the last chapter.

So, how many of you were expecting Key's brother to be G-Dragon from Big Bang??? At first he wasn't going to be but then I decided it would be fun to add another group in there to kind of incorporate more groups into the mix. Plus with this whole GD-Psy-Justin Bieber thing that's been going on I've been on a Big Bang kick. I love them to start off with but I've been listening to them a lot after hearing GD's new song and then all this news. I'm going to be honest, I don't know how I feel about that collaboration. It could be a good thing, but with Justin's lousy attitude lately I'm afraid that he's going to be rude and just add to the whole "American's are lazy and rude" perception people have. Hopefully not.  Anyway, time to spam you all :)

 

PICTA SPAM!!

pcpdownloadphpfhandlezxhy9.jpg Omg soooo cute!!! And since Big Bang is a part of this chapter I shall spam you with pics of them with kids :)

500124769.jpg AWWWWWWWWW

tumblr_lnl2a2iprv1qfx6au.jpg OMG T.O.P. WHY YOU SO HANDSOME *dies from y overload*

Ob7JI.jpgThe little boy in this pic looks like he isn't happy about being picked up.