Chapter 3

The Perfect Gift

When we got home, Jonghyun unloaded Hana’s suitcase while I carried her upstairs to get a bath ready. In the hours she had spent playing she had managed to get herself quite dirty. Once her bath was ready I undressed her and put her in the tub.

“Umma?” Hana looked at me with big eyes

“Yes honey?” I smiled down at her while I scrubbed her hair with no tear baby shampoo.

“Can I have a rubber ducky like the one I have at Aunt Alice’s house?”

“Of course you can.” She asked the cutest questions.


When I had dried her off and dressed her in her pjs Jonghyun came in and took her to her room to read her a bedtime story. I stood in the doorway content with just watching them as Jonghyun read her the story page by page while she pointed to the pictures. Finally she fell asleep we had some alone time.

 

“Wow I’m exhausted!” Jonghyun informed me while flopping himself on the bed.

“Me too, I knew it took a lot of work to raise a kid, I just didn’t know it took this much work!” I said sitting down next to him.

“Hey, come here. Don’t sit so far away, I don’t like it.” He pouted

I chuckled and laid down next to him. He smiled and leaned down to kiss me. But before anything could go any further we heard a knock at our door.

“Appa, Umma?” came a little squeak from our doorway

“Yes, Hana?” I responded

“I’m scared.” She looked at us with big eyes. I could tell that she had been crying and my heart began to hurt.

Before I could respond, Jonghyun got off our bed and walked over to her. He picked her up and cuddled her to his chest.

“Shh,” He cooed resting his chin on her head “It’s okay, Appa’s got you, don’t cry.”

He walked over to our bed while rocking her back and forth in his arms. When he reached the bed, I reached my arms out and he handed her to me.

“What happened Hana?” I asked her trying my best not to cry. It was hard watching my baby cry like that.

“I had a bad dream Umma. There were mean people and they came and took me away. I tried to get away but they wouldn’t let go!” She clung to me and I could feel her tears soak my shoulder.

I looked at Jonghyun with misty eyes. I don’t know why she would ever have a dream like that, but I could tell she was terrified. Jonghyun looked at us both with sad eyes.

“Umma and Appa would never let that happen, Hana. Never!” I told her hoping it would comfort her.

“Promise?” She peeped looking up at me

“Promise,” I told her firmly, wiping away some stray tears still on her cheeks “Come on, let’s get some sleep.”

I laid her down and wrapped my arms around her and she snuggled into my chest still sniffling. I felt Jonghyun lay down behind me and wrap his arms protectively around us both. After only a few minutes I could feel Hana’s breathing even out and I  knew she had fallen asleep.

“I love you, yeobo.” Jonghyun whispered into my ear as he kissed my cheek

“I love you too, Jonghyun.” I replied closing my eyes.

It didn’t take long before all three of us drifted into dreamland.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Okay, just kidding I guess my 12:30 class got cancelled :) Only one more class, two study dates, and 4 meetings to go before I can go to bed!! Sorry this chapter isn't all that interesting, it's more of a filler/fluff chapter while I finish editing the next one and start on the fifth chapter! So I can tell you right now that I introduced Onew and 2min will be in the next chapter! Get excited!! Anyway I hope you like my filler chapter!!

 

 

This would be me during some of my meetings for my school's society presidents (4 societies and I am president of one of them):