Chapter 22

The Perfect Gift

A/N: It's back to Key's POV

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

It had been hours since Hana had gotten out of surgery and I was starting to get worried. My baby hadn’t made a single move, she hadn’t twitched, absolutely nothing. The only thing telling me she was alive was the heart monitor that beeped rhythmically in the silent room. We all drifted in and out of sleep. I prayed for another dream of Hana but none ever came. Eventually after six hours of nothing, Dr.Jung opened the door.

“Mr. Kim?” He said walking in the room, not sure how to address us.

“Yes?” We both said standing up.

“Um,” he looked back and forth between us “We need to do some MRI scans on Hana, if that’s okay.”

“Of course.” I answered. The doctor knew what he was doing, and therefore I trusted him.

“Alright,” He waved the nurses in. “You know, you guys should get something to eat. Starving yourselves won’t help her any.”

“Thank you doctor.” I said, both Jonghyun and I returning the doctor’s bow as he exited the room.

“He has a point, Kibummie.” My brother said from behind me. “We’ve all gotten food except you two.” Everyone nodded. “You should get something, it’s going to be a while anyway. We’ll call you when they get back with her if you aren’t already here.”

“I’ll come with you, hyung.” Minho said, putting a large hand on my shoulder.

“We’ll be right back.” Jonghyun said, taking my hand and leading me to the elevators. The cafeteria was just a floor below us, but neither of us were strong enough to climb stairs.


The cafeteria was buzzing with people of all ages, and stories. Some had family who were in surgery for one reason or another, some had broken limbs, some were old and sick, some had family with cancer, either way they were here for someone they loved, just like us. Minho did his best to make small talk, trying to help us keep our minds off things. We all knew that it wouldn’t work, a parent’s mind is not at ease until their children and healthy and in their arms where they can keep them safe. I appreciated the effort he made though. After ten minutes we had all finished our food, and got up to go to the elevators.

“You guys go ahead, I’m going to go to the bathroom really quickly.” Minho said to us, veering to our left.

I really didn’t pay much attention to my surroundings, it was all just the same uniform white hallway, with the same grey doors and nameplates, all that differed were the names printed on the tags outside the door.

“Jonghyun?” I heard a familiar voice say. My head shot up, suddenly I was awake again.

“Sekyung?” Jonghyun said in a mix of disbelief and anger. ‘What the hell are you doing here?!”

“I came to see you. I heard your kid died or something.”

“She’s not dead! And you would know wouldn’t you?! You’re the reason she’s here after all!”

Oh. Everything clicked in my head at that moment. Sekyung was the reason my daughter was in the hospital. She was the one driving the car. She hit Hana. Oh. OH.

“Don’t say it like that, Jjong.” She purred coming closer.

“Jjong?! Don’t call me that!” He growled at her.

“Why not? I used to call you that all the time.”

“When we were dating! We are not together in the slightest anymore!”

“Don’t say that…”

“Get out of my sight Sekyung! You hit my daughter with your car, do you really expect me to come running to you again?!”

“Jongie-”

“Don’t! I will never date you! Don’t you get that?! Get away from me, I never want to see you again!”

“You really shouldn’t have said that.” She got a dangerous look in her eyes. I felt shivers run down my back when her gaze fell on the both of us. Suddenly she was pulling her hands out of her pocket.

“Jonghyun!” I cried as I pushed him. I heard the firing of a gun. Once. Twice. Then pain. It was blinding pain. I felt myself hit the floor with a thunk and the pain seared across my chest.

“Kibum!” I heard Jonghyun’s voice call to me as I felt a hand weakly grasp my own.

“Jonghyun..” I whispered.

“I’m here baby. Just hold on.”

“Jonghyun! Kibum! Oh my GOD! What happened?!” I heard Minho’s voice shout in the distance. “Is that Sekyung?! WHAT IS GOING ON?!  HELP! HELP! OVER HERE!” He screamed out. I was suddenly thankful that Minho was there.

“Hana..” I forced out.

“She isn’t back yet, hyung. They did a CT scan as well.” He said in a frantic voice “Goddammit get someone over here!” He shouted out.

“Okay...good.” I whispered. My baby was still in safe hands, she wasn't alone.

Then everything went black.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Ahhh don't kill me *hides from projectiles* it killed me to write this chapter! It was so hard deciding what to do for this!! It took me forever to write this because of how hard it was on me (E/N: Now try having to re-read this over and over looking for mistakes...). I won't say what happens to them yet, but I will give you a hint: everyone gets their way at the end. Well, for the most part. Don't worry, I'm a typically happy person and I has a plan (E/N: Fantastic grammar there, Nikki *rolls eyes*)!

But really, this entire chapter was just, omg. I died a little inside writing this to be honest. It was almost as bad as when I wrote the last two chapters. Almost. The last two chapters were worse than this one for me though. I'm sorry it's such a short chapter, I was thinking about making it longer, but that would just add unnecessary dialogue and it would just be annoying quite honestly. But hey, I (E/N: WE. She always forgets that part.) did a triple update today, so I think I deserve to get cut a little slack for the short chapter :) Thank you for all the comments, keep 'em coming :D!!!!

 

PICTA SPAM:

 

4.gif Must think happy thoughts......

hb6.gif....happy, I am happy!

b8157b0300096491508c0009AWWW

 

Hello-Baby-Episode-5-Gifs-shinee-1860653 (E/N: Seriously, did anyone else have this look on their face? Or is that just me?)

 

Seriously though did anyone look like this? Cause I did.....

Shocked-Jongie-D-shinee-23336161-500-384

Onew-Shocked-Looks-like-a-Rabbit-XD-shin

1z3touu.jpg

128186206702.jpg

tumblr_m2ovlfPYp21rn99l7.gif

tumblr_ljr8qggNTz1qdq5u6.gif <-----Random Daesung for my own amusement

abm786.jpg <----Yeah, this by far sums up my face the best. Even if Jjong looks stupid.

tumblr_lqx5rolBTL1qbd9cz.gif Then I started to do this.....

 

And just to end on a happy note, please enjoy this gif of a very adorably confused Onew when SHINee won.

12818659382010081518523.gif