Chapter 18

The Perfect Gift

I couldn’t see straight, my vision was going red and my hands were shaking. I didn’t care about the broken cup at my feet or the hot chocolate that was warming my feet. All I cared about was the woman standing in my doorway.

“Hello Kibum,” The woman standing in the doorway said. “How are you?”

“Hello Satan’s spawn.” I muttered under my breath. “I was good.”

“I’m sorry to show up unannounced.” She turned back to Jonghyun “You skipped our date.

Oh HELL NO! She did not just say date! No. No. No. NO.  I’m sure Jonghyun could feel the rage rolling off me at that point. I think our entire neighborhood could hear the rage rolling off of me.

“Sekyung, it was never a date. It was just a catching up.” Jonghyun said forcefully.

“It’s a figure of speech, Jonghyun.” She said playfully.

“Well it wasn’t funny.” I muttered. Jonghyun turned around and looked at the broken glass around my feet.

“Baby, why don’t you go wash off your feet,” He said “I’ll clean this up, okay?”

“Alright.” Finally realizing how cold my feet were. As I turned to go wash my feet, Jonghyun quickly pulled me into a deep kiss, clearly making a point to Sekyung. I appreciated the efforts he was making to make things clear to her. While I cleaned up my feet I still payed close attention to the conversation that was going on in my living room while Jonghyun cleaned the floor.

“Jonghyun, why did you miss our date?” Sekyung asked, trying to use her evil aegyo on him.

“I told you Sekyung, it was never a date.” He responded.

“It’s a figure of speech Jonghyun.”

“That may be so but I’d prefer it if you’d stop calling it that.”

“Why? Because it upsets Kibum?” She sneered my name, I squinted my eyes and lifted my lip in a sneer.

“No, because I don’t like it. Stop trying to make Kibum look bad. He’s not.” Jonghyun said in a very firm voice.

“When are you going to stop playing house with him and come back to me?” She said “sweetly”.

“I’m not ‘playing house’, Sekyung. I love Kibum and we’re married. I’m never coming back to you Sekyung.” He was starting to get irritated.

“Oh come on, Jonghyun. Stop fooling yourself, you can’t actually be in love with him. He’s a boy.” she emphasised the word “actually”.

“Yes, I can. I’m fully aware that he’s a man. What part of ‘I’m gay’ don’t you understand?” he was about to lose it.

“The ‘I’m gay’. Jonghyun, you know you love me. This has been a phase.”   

I could just see Jonghyun’s face in my mind. I decided that it would be best if I made my debut back into the living room to try to calm him down.

“This is not a phase, Sekyung! This is how I am! Why can’t you accept that?! It’s been years!” He shouted.

“Shh, Jonghyun, calm down.” I said coming up behind him, wrapping my arms around his back, pressing my face in between his shoulder blades. “You’ll wake up Hana.”

“Sorry, yeobo.” Jonghyun said, visibly relaxing at my touch.

“Who’s Hana?” Sekyung asked us suspiciously.

“None of your business, that’s who.” I growled into Jonghyun’s back. Jonghyun put his hand on mine, silently reminding me to be careful with my words.

As if on cue, our daughter comes walking around the corner, rubbing her eyes sleepily. “Who’s this?” She asks us.

“Um, well, honey…” Jonghyun started not totally sure how to describe the relationship.

“This is Appa’s friend, Sekyung.” I said, pretending to be in a good mood, moving to smooth her hair and kiss her head.

“Hello.” Hana said in English, bowing. She tended to revert to English when she was tired or upset, and because both Jonghyun and I knew English (although I was the best out of the two of us), we didn’t mind much when she did this. Sekyung however, did mind seeing as she didn’t understand a of English.

“Um,” Sekyung began.

I rolled my eyes, internally smiling at her confusion “She said ‘annyeonghaseyo’ in English.”

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo.” Sekyung said to Hana. “You must be Hana I’m assuming.”

“Yes, this is our daughter, Hana.” Jonghyun said cautiously.

“Daughter? You have a daughter with him?!” She practically shouted at Jonghyun.

“Yes, I do. And I would appreciate it if you would lower your voice. I don’t want you to upset her.” He said, his voice lacing with warning.

“How could you?!” She said still shouting “That’s...that’s...NO! Don’t tell me you actually love them!”

“Sekyung!” Jonghyun shouted at the same time I told Hana to go back to her room. Hana nodded her head, eyes as big as saucers and she raced back to her room. I stood back up and turned to face Jonghyun and Sekyung again.

“No, Jonghyun. How could you do this to me! You don’t love him, you can’t have a child with someone you don’t love!” She shouted.
“Umma,” I heard a little squeak, apparently Hana heard this and came out of her room.

“Oh baby!” I cried as I rushed to her, pulling her into my arms. Jonghyun turned to look at us and glared when he saw the tears running down his daughter’s face.

“Umma, does Appa not love me?” She cried into my chest. The very thought made me want to cry.

“Oh baby, no Appa loves you very much!” I tried to reassure her.

“Sweetheart,” Jonghyun came over and pulled her to his chest “I love you so so much, don’t ever question that.”  He got up and glared at Sekyung. “How dare you say that Sekyung! You don’t even know my child! And yes, I do love her, and my husband!” He practically screamed in rage.

“Jonghyun, you’re scaring her.” I said when Hana cringed into my chest. Jonghyun looked down at us and then back at Sekyung.

“Get out of my house!” He growled at her, pointing to the door.

“Jonghyun-” Sekyung tried to say.

“OUT!” He snarled, absolutely furious. I had never seen him so angry, not when we fought, and it was then that I realized how protective my husband was of his family. It made me smile internally.

“Please, Jonghyun.” Sekyung whined.

“I SAID OUT! You insulted me, my husband, and made my precious child cry. Get out of my house and never come back!” He growled through clenched teeth, pointing to our door.

Sekyung wasn’t as entirely stupid as she looked, she walked, well dragged her feet to the door. She looked at Jonghyun with sad eyes as she put on her shoes, Jonghyun just stood there with his arms crossed glaring at her while I comforted our daughter.

“Call me when you get over this.” She whispered as she opened the door.

“Never going to happen, Sekyung.” He growled back pointing to the cold outside.

She sighed and shut the door, and Jonghyun turned around and took long strides to reach us. Once he reached us, he pulled us both into his arms and whispered how much he loved us, and apologized over and over.

It took a while, but we finally were able to calm her down. Jonghyun picked up Hana, which surprised me because she wasn’t exactly light anymore and it was hard to pick her up, usually she just cuddled on our laps with us.

He carried her up to our room because there was no way that she was going to sleep alone. We changed her into her pjs and laid down. She curled up in between the both of us, clutching onto Jonghyun’s shirt. He wrapped his arms around us, and kissed the top of her head and then my lips.

“I love you, Hana.” He whispered.

“I love you too, Appa.”

“I love you, Kibummie.” He kissed me again.

“Love you too, you crazy dinosaur.” We both laughed.

We laid there quietly for a few minutes. I was just about to fall asleep when a voice broke the silence.

“Umma, why did you call Appa a dinosaur?” She said clearly confused.

We all just laughed and I kissed her head.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Hello! I finally got it up! I couldn't get it up sooner, I have midterms this week so I got really busy studying :( I hate studying....(E/N: I don't many people who do...). So this chapter was semi-fun and not fun at the same time. My favorite part to write was when Jonghyun kicked Sekyung out and then when Hana asked why Jonghyun was called a dinosaur (E/N: Is it bad that I was cheering when Jonghyun was yelling at Sekyung? No, okay good :) )

So the next chapter will be coming soon!! I'm really excited :D Soooo have a good day and don't forget that comments are love :) (Geez, this is chapter is REALLY short today).

PICTA SPPPPAAAAAMMMMMMM

Not even remotely related but still funny :P

I...just....lemme get back to you on that...

Freaking Key man!

I just, YES

Haha this does apply to the story :)