Chapter 16

The Perfect Gift

*1 year later: Christmas time*

I sighed and looked out the living room window at my husband and daughter. Jonghyun was on a ladder wrapping lights around our leafless maple tree, while Hana watched him, informing him when she thought the lights weren’t wrapped correctly. It was times like these that made me question the nature-vs-nurture thing. She definitely took after me in that area despite the fact that I didn’t contribute to her genetic make up.

Eventually I left the window and went to sit on the couch, turning on the TV to watch Star Golden Bell. I smiled when my brother’s face came onto the screen, like the good brother I am I had totally forgotten that he and Big Bang had shot the Christmas (or “Holiday”) special of the TV show. I took another sip of my hot chocolate as I watched Seungri fail miserably at the English section. They never ceased to amuse me despite the fact that I saw them on a fairly regular basis. Well, I saw them take off their shoes before they beelined it to wherever my daughter was. That child had everyone wrapped around her little fingers I swear. But she was my daughter and of course I would rather have her be overly adored than not at all. As soon as the show ended I looked up at the clock, the hands read 7:45.

“Hana! It’s time to come in and get ready for bed!” I shouted out the door.

Hana looked up from the snowman she was building with Jonghyun. “Okay Umma! Look, it’s you!” She pointed to the snowman who had yellow hair spray painted onto it’s head. I was more than positive this was Jonghyun’s idea.

“Wow, it looks great sweetheart! Time to come inside!”

“Yes Umma!” Hana came running into the house, taking off her boots while I helped her take off her hat and jacket.

“Alright, go take a bath now sweetie.” I told her, patting the top of her head.

She scurried off to the bathroom, forgetting she was wearing socks and slipping as she took the corner. I heard Jonghyun laugh behind me as he watched our daughter regain her balance and take off down the hall.

“Aren’t you going to help me take off my jacket too?” He asked me playfully batting his eyelashes.

“Why would I do that?” I laughed.

“Because I’m old and infirm.” He wiggled his arms around “See?”

“The hell you are! You’re only 34!” I laughed “And you got that from Up didn’t you?”

“Possibly.” He said as I helped him pull off his jacket. As soon as I hung up his jacket, he turned me around and kissed me, I just smiled against his lips and kissed him back.

“I think Hana might be done with her shower.” I said after a little while.

“Oh fine.” He pouted following me down the hall and into her room.

“So, are 2min coming over for Christmas again?” Jonghyun asked me leaning against the wall.

“What kind of question is that?” I scoffed as I tore down Hana’s bed “They always come over. So is my brother and Onew.”

“So, I’m going to be home late tomorrow.”

“Okay, you going out for a drink with Onew?”

“No, you remember Sekyung?”

“...Yes?” I didn’t like where this was going.

“She’s back in Seoul.” Jonghyun said hesitantly.

“Good for her?” I raised my eyebrow I definitely didn’t like where this was going at all.

“She’s wants to see me…”

“No! Absolutely not! There’s not a chance in hell that you are going to meet her! Do you remember the last time you saw her!” I reminded him.

“Yes, and she said that she was over that, okay? We’re fine now, Kibum, you know that! What are you so afraid of?”

“That she’s going to pull her ridiculous antics again! Just like last time!”

“She’s not, Kibum. Besides there’s no way that I’m going to let that happen, I swear. I have you and a daughter and I love you both ten times more than I loved her when I was with her.”

“I thought you said you never loved her.” I glared him down.

“I didn’t! You know what I mean!” He glared back at me.

“No, I don’t! Please enlighten me!”

“Kibum, I am not doing this with you right now!”

“I’m not either, you’re not going. Problem. Solved.” I said in a clipped voice.

“Kibum-”

“Umma, Appa, are you okay?” Hana said coming into her room.

“We’re fine, sweetie. What book do you want Appa to read to you?” I put on a smile. By the looks of Hana’s face, she could see right through my facade. I could also Jonghyun force a smile onto his face. At that moment, our daughter’s happiness was the only thing that we could agree on.

After Hana had chosen which book she wanted to read, I went into our room and took a warm shower attempting to calm myself down. It didn’t work. I hated Sekyung, she was the epiphany of a manipulative person. I’m sure that if you were look up the word “manipulative” in the dictionary her name would be the definition. Last time she had seen Jonghyun she had tried to tell him that she was pregnant. The only problem was, he hadn’t seen her in over six months. But still, the motive behind that absurd lie was so she could break us up. She didn’t want to believe that Jonghyun was gay and that we are together and that meant she would never have him. I couldn’t stand her and after what she’s tried last time, there was absolutely no way that I was going to allow him to see her. NEVER.

I walked back into our room which was still empty, thankfully. I sighed as I pulled open the covers and laid down onto our bed, closing my eyes praying I wouldn’t dream about Sekyung. I heard our door open but made no move to acknowledge his presence. He walked into our bathroom and the water. He took a short shower and I tried to sleep but I couldn’t. Eventually, he came out of the bathroom and walked towards the bed. I felt the covers lift as he started to crawl into bed.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” I growled.

“Getting into bed. Why?” He said.

I snorted in discontentment “You’re what?”

“Key, come on.” He sighed knowing exactly where this was going.

“Don’t you ‘Key’ me. You don’t seriously think that you’re sleeping in here do you?” I snarled.

“Kibum, you’re overreacting.” He tried to calm me down which had the opposite effect.

“The hell I am! You know what kind of a person she is!”

“Key, she’s not going to come between us, you know that!”

“I don’t care! She may seem like she’s over it but she’s not, and if you think she is then you’re a bigger idiot that I thought!”

“Key, stop it! She just wants to talk! I’m not going to let her try anything!”

“You may not think she’s trying anything! She’s up to something Jonghyun!”

“No she’s not.”

“Yes she is! She’s never not up to something!” I started to feel tears cloud my vision as I imagined what she was trying to do.
“Key-”

“Just stop. I don’t want to talk to you about this anymore. You’re not going and that’s final.”

“What would I tell her then?”

“I really don’t care. Something. Anything! As long as the words ‘I can’t go’ are part of it.”

“Dammit, Kibum! You’re blowing this-”

“NO!” I cut him off, so beyond done with this conversation.

“Kibum…”

“Just….just get out.” I started to feel the tears I had been fighting to hold back run down my face. I was never more thankful that he couldn’t see me than in that moment. I didn’t want him to know how heartbroken this was making me.

“Kibum, please-”

“Get.Out.Of.My.Room.” I said sharply, enunciating every syllable.

“Alright,” He sighed. I heard him rustling around our room grabbing extra blankets. Eventually he came to squat in front of me and looked me straight in the eyes.

“Kibum, baby, please don’t cry.” He said, I could hear the pain in his voice. He lifted up his hand to my face and wipe my tears away, but I turned to face the other direction. I knew it was mean but I was afraid that if I allowed him to caress my face that I would give in.

“I said, get out.” I muttered. I heard him sigh and then walk to the doorway where he paused then turned to face me.

“Kibum, I love you.” He said, I just turned my back to him once again, not letting him see the fresh tears that flowed down my cheeks.

“Sleep well. I love you, yeobo.” He repeated in a soft whisper before closing the door behind him as he made his way to the couch.

“I love you too, please don’t leave me.” I whispered into the air after I knew he was gone, my voice cracking from the tears.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

AGGGHHHHHH please don't kill me *Hides from projectiles* (E/N: *points and laughs*)!!!! It was story development, I needed to lead into the next chapter! I'm going to be honest, I really hated writing the fight that they had. But there was so much fluff and I wanted this to be somewhat realistic, even though it's still a little...fantasy? I knew that every couple fights and I knew that Key would sooo not be happy if Jonghyun said he was going to meet a manipulative ex (E/N: I don't blame Key, I would be pissed too). I tried to add like some humor into their fight (E/N: yeah, twisted humor) when I had Key kick Jonghyun out and made him sleep on the couch. I can't tell you how often my mom has done that to my step-dad so I thought "why not? Key's already pissed anyways" (E/N: Go big or go home mindset XD).

So only a few more chapters to go before the big finale! Wowwww this has gone by so fast 0.o I can't believe it! I guess I got caught up in my story that I didn't really pay attention to time (E/N: No kidding. I get 2 am texts from her saying "next chapter is done and ready for you to edit when you're ready <3". Not always super pleased about that, especially when I actually was able to get to bed before 2 am). I just..wow. I'm so happy that people actually are liking this so far, I was SUPER nervous about how well people would like this. I tried to make it as upbeat as possible (E/N: Yeah, we can tell. I think I got cavities from all that sweet fluff). But I knew that there couldn't always be rainbows and unicorns and sunshine, so I added in Sekyung for a little twist.

So, I hope you like it!

 

PICTA SPAMAGE TIME (E/N: IS THAT EVEN A WORD?!)

7c419ec52f64b5ca5c06c32d9189d4de.jpg Omg just about busted into tears looking at this

tumblr_m3lcw7o0rw1qhkeb0.giftumblr_m3lcvy6NFd1qhkeb0.gif

tumblr_lg4amwGARM1qaubw3.gif  OTL....I'm so...nuuuuu I'm crying

 

tumblr_ls5iaiklRa1qcdl0j.gifE/N: Don't cry!!!! OTL You're gonna make me cry.

tumblrl9r7l7cvlh1qa4uc1.jpg *hint hint* last chapter *cough cough* (E/N: WHAT THE HELL?! THIS WOMAN IS GIVING AWAY SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)