Chapter 21

The Perfect Gift

A/N: This is Jonghyun's POV (E/N: because Key's POV isn't good enough now. That was meant to be very sarcastic btw.)

*********************************************************************************************************************

It was the most vivid dream I had ever experienced in my life. Everything around me was so…..bright. I instantly recognized where I was though. I was standing in the gardens of the Han River, I smiled as I recalled the day Key and I had brought Hana here when she was five.

“Appa?” I heard a timid voice from behind me. I whipped my body around, instantly recognizing the voice of my little angel.

I wasn’t expecting what I saw though. It was still Hana, but she was older. Much older, ten years maybe. Her hair was longer, cascading down her chest, she was taller, maybe 5’5”, her features were more mature but I smiled when I realized she had kept her baby face. Despite her age, I would recognize my daughter anywhere. What really shocked me were her ever mesmerizing eyes. They hadn’t taken a back seat to any of her features, if anything they were more stunning. Though she was trying to smile, they still held my gaze, and I could tell that if she was angry or if she really wanted your attention they would become piercing.

“Hana.” I whispered.

“Appa!” She cried running into my arms. I instinctively opened them for her, and clutched her to me protectively. She was crying and my father instincts screamed for me to find the person who was making my daughter cry.

“Baby, what’s wrong.” I asked her.

“I heard what you said Appa. I heard every word.” My body went stiff for a moment.

She had actually heard me? I didn’t think it was possible. I wasn’t sure what I was expecting when I whispered to her, but I know it wasn’t that she was going to hear me. I was startled but when she buried her face into my chest, I melted again. At the moment, all I could concern myself with was making her stop crying.

“You heard me?” I said, more as a statement than a question.

“Yes.” She nodded into my chest. “Thank you, Appa. It meant so much to me.”

“You’re welcome baby. I meant what I said though. If you need to leave us, then I completely understand.” I told her, despite the fact that everything inside me broke at my own words.


I didn’t want to lose my baby, that’s not how it’s supposed to be. I wasn’t supposed to lose her, I just got her. She hadn’t even dated any boys (which would’ve been perfectly okay with me in any other circumstance), she hadn’t driven a car, I hadn’t gotten to keep the fact that she got home way after curfew from Key, she never got caught drinking when she wasn’t supposed to, she never told us she hated our guts when we grounded her. All those things that were supposed to happen, hadn’t happened yet. She needed to stay, she had to.  

“Appa, you really won’t hate me right?” She asked me timidly.

“What?!” I was shocked “I could never hate you. You’re my angel.”

“You will forgive me if I choose to leave right?”

“Of course I will. I know you have your reasons should you leave.”

“I wouldn’t leave unless I know you and Umma can be okay without me.” She buried herself further in my chest, I never knew it was possible for her to be so close to me. Then again, I was asleep so logic didn’t really apply at the moment. “If I wake up, then I’ll never be the same. My mother told me so.”

“Your mother?”

“Yeah, she came to see me. She told me what I’d be like if I woke up. I’ll never be the same, Appa.”

“Of course you won’t, you got hit by a car.” I cringed at my own words.

“Not just by ‘a car’. I got hit by someone.”

“Wha-” I started to say before a blinding light hit me.

“Oh, I got to go, Appa.” Hana whispered in my chest, despite her unbreakable hold.

“I understand.” I lied. I didn’t understand. I didn’t understand what she meant, where she was going, why she was hit by a car, how she was in my dream. I didn’t understand a single thing.

“I love you, Appa. I always have and always will.” She said as she began to let go.

“I love you too, Hana. I will always love you no matter what. You’re my little girl, don’t you ever forget that!” I kissed her.

“I won’t, I promise.” She held up her pinky. I laughed, even though she may be in a teen’s body, she was still pinky promising me like we do now. I wrapped my finger around hers, and stamped her thumb.


Slowly she let go and walked with her back towards the light. She had a sad smile on her face. For a brief moment, I saw Alice looking me in the eyes, and the words “You did a great job raising her. Thank you, Kim Jonghyun.” rang in my mind. Something told me, that was her, silently communicating with me.


Before I could respond, the white light became blinding and I woke up with a start. I raised my head to look around me, everyone was asleep except Kibum. Kibum was staring at our daughter, squeezing her hand and sobbing.

“Baby,” I wrapped my arms around him. “I got  you.”

“Jonghyun, I just had a dream. She was there.” He whispered.

“Me too. She came  to me.”

“You too?” Key looked at me with wide eyes.

“Yes, she was so much older though, but absolutely beautiful.” I whispered, looking down at her.

“She was older in my dream too! She told me to tell you she loved you.”

“She came and told me herself.”

“Good,” he laughed getting a look from me. “I told her that she should tell you that herself.”

“Well, she’s obedient which is good.”

“Did you see what she was wearing?” Of course Key would notice that.

“Yes, I did.” She was wearing a long, white dress that sparkled brightly. The bottom of the dress poofed out, definitely something she would’ve loved. It had straps thank God and they crossed in the back, I had noticed when I was hugging her. She wore tan colored heels to match her dress. It definitely screamed out daughter.

“It was so beautiful.” Key smiled despite his tears.

“It was far too short, that’s what it was.” I said, earning me an elbow in the gut.

“It was not! It was almost at her knees! Did you see her earrings?”

“No?”

“She had eight piercings. Two of which were industrials. The other three were on her lobe and she had gold crosses in them.”

“That’s my girl!” I smirked, that was definitely something I was going to do with her when she got older. My comment, yet again, got me an elbow in the gut.

“Don’t you dare take her to do that!”

“Why the hell not?”

“That’s far too many, Jonghyun.”

“You are in no place to talk, Bummie.” I reminded him, this time dodging the elbow. “Merong!” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“What are you, five?!”

“Internally, yes. But you’re stuck with me so HA!”

“Oh my God, Jonghyun.” He rolled his eyes, a small smile creeping onto his face.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

So originally, I wasn't going to put this chapter in but I decided to because I felt like it gave a sense of completion to the story when all is said and done (E/N: We aren't done with the story yet, she's getting way ahead of herself right now, but she's right). I also wanted to give Jonghyun a moment with his daughter since Key got a moment with her. I just kept sitting there thinking to myself "If I was Hana, would I see both my parents?" and of course, my answer was yes. She already told Alice her decision, so she's already decided, she just is with her father at the moment. I also tried to add a little more humor to the story, mostly because I couldn't take all the sadness, it was killing me, and because we all know Jonghyun's personality is far from serious. So I felt like he'd try to lighten the mood just a little. But maybe that's just me (E/N: No, I can see it too.)

I also want to thank everyone who's been reading my story so far and following it! It means the world to me :) I love hearing from you guys it makes me smile to read all the comments (E/N: Lol last night's text was awesome. I checked my phone at like 7 this morning and she had said "Omg I'm depressing them!! I feel bad! Did I go too far?!" I had to tell her that it was a good thing you guys were feeling the way you are and that meant that she really wrote something that was powerful to you guys. It made my morning needless to say.). I apologize for my EDITOR who has been responding to the comments (E/N: Woah, woah, woah. Hold on there for a second. I put "E/N" so they know it's the editor not the author. Chillax there girlfriend.). Apparently she like to put her two cents into everything now. I guess I can't complain, she does do a lot for this story! So anyways, thank you for the comments, I love them and I will always respond to them (E/N: well, we both will ;D) and I love to hear what you guys think, it makes my day!!

 

PICTA SPAM TIME (E/N: *creepy tour guide voice* GET EXCITED!!)

 

prom-dresses-for-teenagers-uk.jpg <----Hana's dress...just less sparkly ;)

hug_jongkey_by_nanallyskywalker-d32xio5. How I feel like they must've looked when Jonghyun hugged Key

 

jongkey_hug_kawai_by_zoro_smile-d3kzthn. How I feel about everyone who reads my story, subscribes, and comments <3 You guys really are the best!

8601636287_09b55a5c6b_z.jpg AWWW JONGKEY FOREVES MAN! (E/N: FOREVES ISN'T A WORD!!!)