Chapter 17

The Perfect Gift

I woke up the next morning momentarily confused as to why Jonghyun wasn’t laying next to me. But after a few seconds a wave of memories hit me like a wall and new tears sprung to my eyes threatening to fall down my cheeks. Before they could, I got up and padded my way down the hall to the kitchen, hoping that making breakfast would help me calm down. I wasn’t expecting what I found in the kitchen however. I stopped dead in my tracks and just stared into my kitchen silently.

 

“Jonghyun,” I said quietly “What are you doing? Shouldn’t you be at work?”

“Hey baby.” He said turning to look at me with sad eyes. “How are you?”

“You didn’t answer my question.” I responded not trusting myself to answer his.

“I took the day off today so I could spend it with you.” He met my eyes.

“I should go wake up Hana, she has school today.” I turned my face, trying to keep myself from crying.

“I already woke her up and got her off to school, you needed to sleep.”

“Thank you.” I whispered still not looking at him, my tears dangerously close to falling.

“You’re welcome. About last night…” He started.
“No, I don’t want to talk about last night right now, Jonghyun.” I muttered.

“Key-”

“I said no!” I shouted not able to hold my tears back any longer.

“,” He said crossing the kitchen to pull me into his arms. “I really messed up didn’t I?”

“Yes!” I hit his chest trying to get him to let me go. “Let GO!”

“No, Kibum! I’m not going to let go! Please stop crying, I’m begging you.” He tucked me under his chin, my arms folded between our chests.

“Stop it.”

“I’m not going to see her. I already called her and told her that I changed my mind.” His voice cracked.

“Really?”

“Yes, seeing you cry last night...I couldn’t take it. I didn’t know it bothered you that much.”

“Of course it does!”

“I know, I’m so sorry baby. You’re so much more important to me than Sekyung could ever be.”

“Thank you.” I whispered trying to calm my tears.
“Of course. Now will you please stop crying before I start to cry myself?!” He pleaded with me.

 

I just laughed and after a minute or so I was able to pull away wiping the last of my tears. I absolutely hated fighting with him. Nothing killed me more than to go to bed alone, the bed felt so empty and I felt like half of me was gone and it became almost impossible to sleep when he wasn’t there. The one comfort I had was no matter how bad our fights got, we always made up. It was like we couldn’t stand to be angry with each other for longer than a day or two. I needed him and he needed me, plain and simple.

 

We spent the rest of the day alone, watching movies, eating, and having some much needed one on one time. By the time Hana was back home from school, we both were much better moods. She could tell it too by her smile. We tried our best not to fight around her but sometimes we would fight and she would pick up on it. Children seem to be intuitive that way. We played in the snow for a while, helping her make snowmen, building “igloos”, and having snowball fights.

 

Once the sun began to set and we were all shaking from the cold, did we decided to go back inside. After I changed, I went to the kitchen to make some warm hot chocolate while Hana took a hot shower and Jonghyun changed into some warm sweats,  did the doorbell ring.

 

“I’ll get it!” Jonghyun called from the hallway. “Did you invite Tae over?” Jonghyun called to me as he continued his way to the door.

“No, I wonder if they’re on their way back from visiting Minho’s parents. They were going to do that sometime this week.” I called back to him as the doorbell rang again. Sometimes, Minho and Taemin would stop by unannounced and visit if they were on their way back from visiting Minho's parents who lived not too far from us.

“Hold on Tae, I’m coming!” Jonghyun shouted.

 

I heard the lock click and the door open. For a few seconds I heard nothing, which worried me. Usually the moment we opened the door Taemin barged his way into our house calling out greetings loudly. Out of worry I picked up Jonghyun’s hot chocolate cup, giving me an excuse to walk to the door (not that I needed one, this was my house too) and walked to the door. I wasn’t expecting what I saw next. As I came around through the living room, I saw a very tense Jonghyun blocking the doorway, when I got close enough to see around his shoulder I stopped dead in my tracks. In the back of my mind I heard the cup I was holding fall out of my hands and shatter around my feet.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” I heard my own voice shout.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Yay they're back together!!!! I couldn't make them stay mad at each other forever, I just couldn't handle it anymore, I'm not going to lie. I loved writing their whole make up dialogue, cause Jonghyun got to redeem himself :) I can't believe that I'm already 17 chapters in! 17 CHAPTERS!!!!!!!!! I wasn't expecting to be so many chapters in but, I'm really pleased that I'm able to make it so many chapters in without making this story so boring (E/N: I'm surprised I was able to edit all these chapters without wanting to kill her at 2 am!! Go meeee).

So, I'm not sure how far my friend is on editing the next chapters, but I'm already working on writing the last couple of chapters T_T (E/N: I'm working on it, yesh!) it makes me kind of sad to be finishing off this story, it's been like my baby for the past few weeks. I don't know what I'm going to do once it's over D: (E/N: SLEEP?! That's usually a good idea...).

Anyways, hope you like it! Don't forget to comment on anything :D I do really mean ANYTHING :)

 

PICTA SPAMMAGE TIMMMMMMEEEEEE ...And yes, spammage can be a word if I want it to be (E/N: The last time you did "spammage" and I asked if it was a real word, I was referring to the rest of the world, not just yours *rolls eyes*. What are we going to do with her?)

tmsh22050.jpg Looky, he's cooking XD

t_2cfa9f209bb1463987c5da7ce7497869.jpg His face omg and then there's Minho, taking pictures haha

KEYBOOBS.jpg This is just random funny meme I found.

JongKey.gif

OFL_SHINEEWEDDINGDINNER.jpg Omg I would be scared too

lol-2.jpg I'm not gonna lie; this makes me laugh

0003cw9q.jpg E/N: This is totally unrelated but it gets me everytime!

BAP+Jello+by+HyukShik+121126.jpg Omg he's too cute!!!

insulting_jongkey__i_don_t_think_so__by_ hahahahah no. Just no!