Chapter 13

The Perfect Gift

*Two months later*

 

“Jonghyun, I could use a little help over here!” I shouted from atop the chair I was standing on in the living room.

“Okay, okay I’m comin-WHAT IN THE WORLD KIM KIMBUM?!” He shouted half out of amusement and half out of worry.

“Hanging up lights, now come over here and help me before I fall!” I said impatiently.

It was already Christmas time, and therefore I was allowed to decorate as much as I wished. Jonhyun knew how much I love the holidays, especially Christmas. I love the decorating, the parties, getting presents, watching my family and friends eagerly open theirs, and most of all, I loved getting to spend time with all my friends and family.

“I swear Kibum, this has to be the dumbest thing you’ve done in a long time.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes coming to stand behind me. “Would you at least let me do that?!”

“No! I want to hang the lights, you can do the ones outside! Just stand there and catch me if I fall.”

“You better not fall…”

So maybe he was a little right, standing on an office chair thats seat had the ability to spin so I could hang Christmas lights off the banister above our tv wasn’t the brightest idea I’d ever had, but it would look fantastic once I was done hanging them.

“Almost there…” I half said to myself half said to Jonghyun. “Just one more light….”

“You’re so cute.” Jonghyun said to me in a baby voice.

“Ya! What do you mean by that!”

“You’re cute. As in: attractive in a pretty or endearing way. You know, like a kitten.”

“First of all, I am a man thank you very much. And second, what are you a walking dictionary?”

“Yeah, a very cute man. And no, if I was a walking dictionary I think you and I both would be extremely ually frustrated.” He joked.

“Excuse me?” I said rotating to look at him, pretending to feel insulted.

“ually frustrated: the condition in which an organism is in a state of agitation, depression, stress, loneliness or anxiety due to prolonged ity, ual inactivity, ual dissatisfaction, or an interruption that occurs during that leads him or her to want or continue .” He gave me a satisfied smirk.

“Wow,” I rolled my eyes getting off the chair and walking to the box full of our Christmas decorations pulling out two stuffed snowmen. “My husband the walking dictionary.”

“I already told you, if I was a walking dictionary then I would-”

I spun around and cut him off with a kiss. “I already know what you said, doesn’t change the fact that you are a dictionary with legs and a mouth.”

“Hey-” I shut him up with another kiss grinning against his lips.

“Umma, Appa, I wanna help!” Hana caming running down the stairs, her hair still messy from her nap. I looked at the clock to see that she still had another half hour left on her regular naptime. I was sure Jonghyun and I were the source behind her early arousal from her nap.

“Sure sweetie.” Jonghyun bent down and pulled her into his arms. I swear she spent more time in Jonghyun’s arms than she did on the ground. But then again 2min, Onew, and I didn’t call him the skinship king for nothing. Jonghyun loved to cuddle and be affectionate towards those he was close to.

“Here,” I walked over and gave her the snowmen I had just retrieved from the box “How about you go and put these on top of the fireplace?”

“Okay!” She smiled and Jonghyun carried her over so she could be tall enough to reach the top of the fireplace. I reached back into the box and pulled out a bell painted to look like Santa’s face and hung it on the bathroom door. After about an hour we had finished with the decorations and had a very wound up daughter running around our living room. It was clear that putting up the decorations meant it was almost Christmas, and to her, Christmas means presents.

“How about I put together that tree we got while you make dinner? Maybe that will wear her down a bit.” Jonghyun whispered in my ear, his head resting on my shoulder and his arms wrapped around my waist.

“Sounds like a plan to me.” I smiled as he kissed my cheek. “Think you can handle it, you’ve never put together a fake tree before.”  Alice had left us a list of things Hana was allergic to, which wasn’t much, just cats and pine trees, which Alice had told us she may grow out of as she gets older. So naturally, we went and bought a fake tree, which to me was something I had always been in favor of; less of a mess, reusable, and easy to put up and take down.

“Of course I can! I am a ‘man’ remember?” He said winking at me, obviously teasing me about our earlier conversation.

“Yeah, that’s why I’m worried.” I muttered.

“What was that, yeobo?” Jonghyun said from across the room while opening the box.

“Nothing. Just remember to read the instructions.”

“Yeah, yeah. I totally got this, you just wait and see.”

“Whatever you say, yeobo.”

I had been in the kitchen all of fifteen minutes before I heard a meek “Yeobo?” from the other room. I looked at my watch (yes, I had been timing him) and rolled my eyes.

“Yes?” I said walking out of the kitchen. I nearly laughed at the sight before me as I walked into the room. Our living room was scattered with fake pine branches and Jonghyun was standing pathetically in the middle of them all. At least he had managed to get the base of the tree put together.

“I’m not sure which branches go where…” He said while looking down at the branches at his feet.

“Did you read the instructions?” I asked knowing full well he hadn’t but still giving him the benefit of the doubt.

“......no.” He admitted.

“Give me the instructions.” I rolled my eyes and stuck my hand out towards him. He promptly handed them to me and I began reading them. “It says that each branch is color coordinated. Some are blue, red, grey, and yellow. Blue going at the bottom closest to the base, then grey, then red, and then yellow.”

“Woah, hold on let me first get them organized, okay?” He said while he looked at the small tags on the ends of each branch, placing them  into piles. Eventually we were able to put the tree together and by “we” I mean, I was reading the instructions and directed Jonghyun what to do.

“Wow, that was a lot of work for one tree.” Jonghyun said plopping himself onto the floor.

“Well it would’ve been a lot easier had you read the instructions.” I pointed out.

“Well, I am a man and we don’t read those.”

“Uh huh, more like you don’t read them and are trying to drag the rest of the male population down with you.” I joked as I walked back into the kitchen so I could finish making dinner.

“You know you love me!” He called after me.
“That’s debatable!”

“Oh whatever! You know that I'm a y beast!”

“Yeah, and if by 'y beast' you mean incompetent buffoon.” I joked while chopping vegitables. I could hear Jonghyun laughing from the living room.

“Umma?” Hana peeped from her chair at the table where she was busy drawing pictures with her crayons.

“Hmm?”

“What does 'incompetent' mean?”

“It means Appa can’t do anything correctly unless Umma is helping him.”

“Oh.” She chirped. I couldn’t decide whether or not I should’ve felt bad for throwing Jonhyun under the bus seeing as he was more than able to do things without me, but I had a hard time bringing myself to.

“Ya!” I heard Jonghyun shout from the living room. Nope, definitely didn’t feel bad.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Well, here is the ever endearing JongKey love. I couldn't help but laugh while I wrote this, I just could totally see Key saying all of that and Jonghyun just taking it because he's so used to Key's divaness (that's okay though, we all know we love how big of a diva Key is). I really loved writing this chapter, partially because I got to let a little of my every infamous  sarcasm show (I can be very sarcastic when I want to be, but in a funny way not a mean one) and because I LOVE Christmas. It is by far my favorite holiday of the year (and my friend's too so she was happy I added Christmas in here)!!! I love watching people's faces when they open their gifts, it's one of my all time favorite parts. I mean, I put away like 10-15 dollars from each paycheck for me to spend buying gifts for my friends and family (yes, buying gifts is my guilty pleasure, it makes me happy inside. Oh man that makes me sound SUPER cheesy doesn't it?).

 

In regards to the whole writing-editing-posting process: How it works is I crank out as many chapters as I possibly can. Then my friend logs into Google docs and reads through and edits them for me. Once they're done being edited she'll text me and tell me and, usually, she uploads them onto AFF, and marks them under "hide chapter" and when I get onto my computer, I go in and add the author's note and picture spam you guys :). Meanwhile, she's busy editing and uploading the other chapters that are in line for her to edit. Basically the subject line on each doc that has a finished chapter says "Chapter_: Ready for Editing" when it's edited it says "Chapter_: Uploaded". She basically describes our process as a factory line which makes me laugh. But that's why it takes some time; I'm not editing, I just write and my wonderfully almighty and  fantastic friend uploads them and then I  spam you guys and post them (Editor's Note: this was "the friend" that added that extremely accurate description of herself in after the autor's note was written and I-the author- just never noticed..Hmm this may actually be kinda fun ;D ). And I would like to thank my friend because I've seen on the history of our docs, that she has stayed up as late as 5 am catching up on editing the latest chapter (E/N: Techincally, I stayed up as early as 5 am. And yet again, I-the author- am unobservant and haven't noticed the notes being posted by my EPICALLY AMAZING friend, which is exactly why I'm not the one editing my chapters)

 

So here's an update on where I'm (E/N: WE ARE) at:

I have another chapter written, and it is currently being revised and should be up by tomorrow at the latest (E/N: I'm trying my best, it's Friday, I have a 3 day weekend, it was Italian bar with a chocolate foutain for dessert, so I have the attention span of a gnat at the current moment). I JUST cranked out another chapter and that too is in line for editing. Tomorrow my plan is to try to work on Chapter 15 and get that to my friend for editing as well so I can have that up by Sunday at the latest (E/N: STOP CRANKING OUT SO MANY CHAPTERS AT ONCE WOMAN!! DO YOU NOT HAVE HOMEWORK OR A LIFE OR SOMETHING?!). So anyway, thank you to all my fabulous subscribers!!! And I always love reading comments and hearing what people think about my story, it makes me happy :) (E/N: Wow, that sounds really creepy but really, even I like to read the comments). So don't be shy about leaving comments (E/N: PLEASE comment, she gets all sad when people don't comment, she thinks you guys just don't like the story which makes no sense in my head but idk, she's funny that way)

 

PICTA SPAM TIME (this will Christmas themed since this chapter is taking place around Christmas)!!!!!!!!!!

11.SHINEE-Christmas-2.jpg Onew and Taemin as too cute!!

shinee_christmas_031.jpg AWW

Christmas-Minho-shinee-18052104-500-408. Omg I'm laughing so hard!

Big-Bang-1.jpeg Since, they're family (that, and I love Big Bang) why not include them in here too? I love how they're being dorks and smiling....and then there's Taeyang :(

tumblrlwiccn6s771qjyoa0l.jpg Ahahah G-Dragon and Seungri! Finally Taeyang is being a goofball too, and T.O.P is killing thousands of women across the planet with his iness. I'm just wondering where their "ray of sunshine" is....

7v1s4g I think T.O.P. was aiming for a heart and somehow ended up making an oval instead? But seriously, where the hell is Daeung?!

merry-xmas-vip.png Muucchhh better! (E/N: lol @ that photoshop)

 

Oh and to my "epically amazing" editor, I did see your notes before posting this, but they're amusing to read so I'm leaving them there :) HA! I AM OBSERVANT!