Chapter 25

The Perfect Gift

A/N: This is from Taemin's POV

*******************************************************************************************************************

Ten Years Later


It had been ten years since that fateful day that ruined an entire family. Sekyung’s motives were clear; she was angry that Jonghyun would never be with her again. She was jealous of the love he had for Key and Hana. And for some reason that only God knows why, she had thought that by killing Hana, it would make Jonghyun come back to her. But, clearly her plan backfired and she opted to shoot both Key and Jonghyun with the intention to kill them. I guess if she couldn’t have him then nobody could.


Hana’s death had been devastating to everyone. When Dr. Jung came out to the waiting room practically balling, I knew something had gone wrong. My whole body began to shake with fear, and collapsed into Minho’s strong arms when the doctor told us that he had done everything in his power to save her but in the end he lost her. She went completely brain dead and had a heart attack shortly there after. I remember the sobs that escaped Onew who had been trying to stay strong for everyone but eventually the pain became too much and he cried for hours. Minho held me but he also cried and though he normally tried to comfort me with words while I cried, he could give no words this time.


Jiyong fell onto his knees and repeatedly cried out “No, no, no, no.” while he sobbed. T.O.P. had knelt beside him, and helped him move to a chair where they both cried. Taeyang sat down and put his face in his hands, but you could see the tears as they slipped through his fingers onto the floor. Seungri collapsed into a chair and just sobbed, even when snot ran down his face and he hiccuped he didn’t stop. Daesung, whom was always smiling and encouraging crumpled to the floor, tears running down his face as he stared at nothing.  We remained like this for hours, none of us could bear to move, afraid that if we did we could no longer pretend this was our imagination.


After a few hours, Jiyong’s phone rang, breaking the silence. It was the C.E.O. of YG, his company. The C.E.O. wanted to know why he had cancelled Big Bang’s activities for the past two days without notice. Jiyong explained the situation and broke into uncontrollable sobs when he had to explain the Hana had died. Eventually, Daesung had to take the phone and tell him that part. YG had been understanding and kind, and cancelled all the activities until further notice, allowing them time to mourn their loss. I could even hear YG’s voice crack when Daesung broke the news. YG had met Hana a few times when Jonghyun and Key visited Jiyong and like everyone who met her, he instantly fell in love.


After a week, fans, neitzens, and the press were beginning to wonder why Big Bang wasn’t releasing the album that they had been waiting for. I remember watching the press conference on TV with Minho.


“Hello,” Jiyong had greeted the press “As many of you may know, Big Bang has postponed the release of our new album. I understand that this may disappoint and even anger many fans who have been waiting patiently for the album’s release and our comeback. We called this press conference to explain the circumstances behind our postpone.

“As fans may remember, I have a beautiful niece named Hana. Since my brother and his husband had adopted her, she has been a big part of not only my life, but also all of Big Bang’s. She means the world to us and we love her with all our hearts. As you may also know, there was a severe accident a little over a week ago in which a woman hit a young girl and then drove off.” He had to take a moment to gather himself. All the members, and even their manager, were looking at the floor or their hands in their attempts not to cry. The press had been slowly putting the story together and when Jiyong brought up the accident there was an audible gasp that echoed from reporter to reporter as they put two and two together.


“Yes, Hana was the little girl in the accident. She was brought to SNUH Boramae Branch and underwent emergency surgery. For two days, she remained in a coma, and when the doctors took her to get a CAT Scan and a MRI, they discovered that she had been having a large amount to bleeding in her brain, resulting in brain death and she had a heart attack.” Jiyong now had tears flowing down his face, his voice was cracking and the sorrow that was not only in his eyes, but in all the members’ eyes as they looked up with tears streaming down their faces, was easily readable through the TV but even on the radio and in the newspapers. Jiyong tried to continue talking but couldn’t, so Daesung stood up and spoke for him, placing his hand on his leader’s shoulder offering silent comfort.


“In short, the reason we have cancelled all our appearances and postponed our album’s release is because we lost Hana last week. We are all mourning greatly at the moment and there is no way we could possibly continue working right now. We ask that you all please understand where we are coming from. When we are able to make our comeback, we will release our album and begin our promotions once again. Thank you.”

I sobbed while watching the press conference. I understood the amount of pain they were experiencing and admired their bravery while telling the world why they were inactive for the time being.


Within minutes, fans began to write comments on the video streams and uploads on various websites. It wasn’t just Korean fans that were saddened but, fans worldwide. Letters of condolences poured in from South America, Russia, Germany, France, Denmark, England, Ireland, Scotland, America, Canada, China, Japan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Africa, China, and the Middle East. Presents were sent, food was left outside the company’s building, videos of fans singing various mourning songs in their own languages were sent (the ones that always got us was Amazing Grace and Halo), idol groups posted stories they had of Hana, TV shows talked and offered their condolences live, one TV show that Hana had been a guest with Big Bang on, even made an entire episode that was a tribute to just her. Teddy bears of all kinds were left outside their dorms, and candle light vigils were held in her honor all around the world. And though it did not heal the pain, it was a little comforting to know that the entire world was grieving with us, and Hana had left her mark in people’s hearts.  


    It was hard the first few years. Every year, we would visit her grave and every year we would all sob like small children. I never understood why someone so young had to be taken from us. She was alive. She had so many ambitions and so much love in her heart to give. And that was all taken away in an instant. I know that the moment I die,  the first question I will ask God is “Why?” so I can finally have my answer.

“Umma!” Hana’s voice on the video I was watching stirred me from my thoughts. “Look at this!” She skated forward and then did a small jump.

I was going through old videos while I waited for Minho to get home from work. It was the anniversary of her death and we were going to meet everyone later that night to visit. This particular video was one of the ones taken when she was first learning how to ice skate. She had seen Kim Yuna videos on TV and decided she wanted to skate. Of course, Jonghyun and Key had wholeheartedly supported her and enrolled her into classes as soon as they could. Hana was surprisingly good at skating we had found, easily moving up levels and eventually they got her a coach because she desperately wanted to compete. She had skated three times each week up until the day she died. It always made me wonder whether or not she would’ve become great had she lived.

The next video came on and I was, again, pulled out of my own thoughts. It was taken by Jonghyun and Key was standing in front of the camera smiling. He put a finger to his lips and Jonghyun laughed quietly.


“What are we doing?” Jonghyun whispered.

“I gotta show you what Hana is doing right now!” Key responded smiling.

“What is she doing?”

“You’ll see.”

    They snuck down the hall and to her room. Key gently opened the door and to my surprise, it was Hana and I sitting in the middle of the floor. I hadn’t remembered them filming this. I had Hana, who was probably six at the time, in my lap. She was giggling as I read a story to her in a very goofy and dramatic voice.

“That’s adorable!” Jonghyun said once they had successfully snuck back into the living room.

“Isn’t it?!” Key smiled back at him “I wonder what Taeminnie will say when he sees this someday.”

“He’ll probably laugh and then yell at you for taking a video of him without him knowing.”

“I’m not the one with the video camera, you goof!” He pointed at Jonghyun.

“Touche. But we are married which makes us partners in crime.” Key just rolled his eyes and Jonghyun’s remark.

“Taemin!” I heard Minho shout from the doorway “I’m home!”

    I turned off the TV and walked to the door pulling on my shoes and jacket before being pulled into a soft kiss. I took his hand as we walked to the car.

“You ready?” Minho asked as he unlocked the car.

“Of course I am, if I wasn’t would I be standing here right now?” I rolled my eyes at him, inwardly laughing at how Key-like the gesture was. I did that from time to time.

“Just making sure, sometimes it’s hard on you and I know this year is especially tough.” He said starting the engine.

“Yeah, I know. Just drive, we don’t want to be late otherwise Key will kill us.”

“I know, I know.” He laughed as we pulled onto the street.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Next chapter yay! Originally this was a lot longer, but Bre and I decided to break it into two chapter instead (E/N: The reason being, it would be really long and we didn't want it too be too long. This chapter alone was almost 7 pages long. Most of our chapters are about 4). The next chapter is the FINALE! Am I the only one who is surprised how quickly this went by?! It's been almost a month since I first uploaded the story! I can't believe how fast this had been. It kinda makes me sad...(E/N: She's acting like she's being put outta a job lol). But I'm so glad I decided to do this!

This chapter in particular was written by the two of us, not just myself. We collaborated via Skype as we wrote this (E/N: We even got to have the occasional "Hi-I'm-Skype-and-I'm-just-gonna-stop-working-for-no-freaking-reason-just-to-piss-you-off" moments). The second half of this chapter is all Bre though. I'm not sure how soon that'll be up, but it won't be too long. She has been working on it for some time now (E/N: It's a tough part to write, that's why it's taking me so long). Also, we got more questions and Bre is going to answer them through a video, and we'll upload that (E/N: Working on that as we speak actually, and I was volun-told to answer them on a video, so yeahhh)

Hope you guys all like this chapter, it was different for me to write from Taemin's point of view but it was fun too. Just like the last few chapters, this one was sad for me to write but necessary. I tried to include a little fluff to lighten the mood. So yeah.

Tell me what you think and, as always, THANK YOU TO MY SUBSCRIBERS, READERS, AND FOR THE COMMENTS!!! I LOVE YOU ALL.

 

PICTA SPAM TIME!!!

Shinee-Taemincrying.gif Me writing the past few chapters

tumblr_le3yeh0yaw1qcydt4o1_500.gif

tumblr_mei7eeM27I1qagtjwo6_r1_500.gif

stitchcryingintherain.gif(E/N: Me reading the past few chapters)