016

No More Dream

A/N: This is a short chapter, I hope you don't mind. Enjoy.


On the way home Joo Eun is stopped by a black vehicle. She takes a look in front and see Hoseok coming out. Joo Eun was puzzled, she was dazed just standing there staring at him as he approaches her.

“Oppa.” She utters.

“Do you have time?” He asks. “Will you come with me for a bit?”

With his words being said, she did not hesitate to go along with him. As they sit inside the car, she couldn’t manage herself to say anything since her heart was beating rapidly and she was nervous being with him.

“Where are we going?” She asks after a moment of silence.

He didn’t answer; he kept his eyes closed as he always does and she gaze at him silently.

“Why don’t you look happy? Are you having a hard time?” She thought to herself.

When the car stops, Joo Eun looks through the window to see a huge house in the yard. She couldn’t open to say anything so she followed him steadily like a lost puppy. When they got inside the house, he leads her upstairs to a room. Hoseok hesitates to turn the knob; after a moment she grabs a hold of his hand.

“Can you tell me what’s going on?” She asks.

“She wants to meet you.” He replies.

“Who?”

“My mother.”

He turns the knob and open the door; inside lays a helpless woman with medical equipment and wires plugged into her. Hoseok sits beside the bed and held onto his Mother’s hand; Joo Eun stands behind him with empty feelings going through her head.

“Mom, this is Joo Eun—the girl I’ve told you about.” He says.

She didn’t say anything but listens to him carefully.

“Isn’t she beautiful?” He says.

Joo Eun quickly glance at him with a fluttering heart since it was the first time ever he had said something so beautiful about her.

“Mom, it’s time for you to go, right? I can’t stand here looking at you suffer alone. I was happy to be born as your son—and if I have a choice, I want to be born to be your son again next life.” His voice starts to crack as he’s about to cry.

Joo Eun set a hand on his shoulder to comfort him, to let him know that she’s there for him.

“I promise to grow up and be the son you want me to be—so you can be proud of him.” His voice trembles. “I promise to try my hardest so I won’t hurt her again.”

With that being said, Hoseok hears the last beep on the monitor before it went out. He held onto his Mother’s hand tightly and weep his pain away. She grips onto his shoulder as she tries to hold in her tears but failed. She saw how much pain he was going through and it hurts her even more knowing she was unable to do anything. Hoseok and Joo Eun fills the room with light cries and silent comfort.

 

***

 

It was the day of Hoseok’s Mother’s funeral. The gangs showed up and pay their respects. Joo Eun, Yoongi and Seokjin sits in the second row while Jimin, Namjoon, Jungkook and Taehyung sits behind them. Joo Eun couldn’t keep her eyes off Hoseok the who night. As the funeral came close to night fall, some people left and some stay.

“Hyung, I’m sorry about last time.” Namjoon says to Hoseok.

“It’s nothing. I’ll do the same if I was in your shoe.” Hoseok replies.

The guys bid their farewell one by one before leaving for the night. Hoseok left the guys and went back inside.

“Where’s Joo Eun?” Seokjin asks.

“I saw noona a while back in the kitchen.” Jungkook replies.

“I’ll go get her.” Yoongi responds before walking away.

The guys waited in the front while Yoongi left to go get Joo Eun. Hoseok enters the kitchen and sees Joo Eun who’s about to go out. He didn’t say anything and passes her to grab a bottle of water.

“Will you be okay?” She asks.

“I’ll be fine. You should get going, Yoongi hyung is waiting for you.” He replies with his back facing her.

“How could you talk about him when—“

“You know this isn’t the right thing to do.” He cuts her off knowing what she was going to say.

“I cannot just stand still and watch you suffer all by yourself, I just can’t.” She says in a rather loud voice.

“We talked about this last time. It’s best if you stay away from me.”

“I know—“ She whispers. “But can’t you let me stay like this for a moment? I just want to hold you, to comfort you.”

“But—“

She cuts him off as she hugs him from the back; her arms around his waist and her head leaning against his back.

“I miss you. I really miss you.” She whispers.

He could not help but turn around and hug her tightly back. The two lovers embrace and comfort each other while Yoongi hides quietly behind the wall between them.

 

***

 

At school the following week, Yoongi asks to meet Joo Eun in the gym again. When class was over, Joo Eun went straight to the gym. Yoongi couldn’t keep his thoughts inside him any longer so he blurted out as soon as she enters the room.

“Let’s break up.” He says.

“What?” She asks not feeling any anger from his words.

Yoongi rubs his hair and looks at the ground.

“I don’t want you to be unhappy by myside when someone else is already your happiness.” He sighs. “I think breaking up now is better than later when I can’t control my feelings.” He continues in a lowly tone.

She did not say anything since there was nothing to say when all his words were true.

“No matter how much I like you or how much I am willing to do for you, you’re always looking pass me with someone else in your mind.” He chuckles trying to hide his pain. “Let’s end it here before one of us gets hurt.”

“I’m sorry Oppa.” She could only say.

“Let’s just be good friends from now on. I think that’s the best I can do to be close to you.”

Without saying anything further, she walks away from him knowing she’ll create a painful and uneasy atmosphere.

 

“I’m sorry Oppa. I’m sorry for wasting your time. I’m sorry for liking someone else when I am with you. I’m sorry for saying sorry and I know saying that will not solve anything—but I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me.” She thought to herself as she walks further away from him.

 

“Yoongi-ah, it’s over—at least you done the best you can … at least you knew you loved her … at least it was the first time ever that your heart flutter when you’re will her. It’s finally over.” He thought as he stares at her walking away.