007

No More Dream

 

A month has passed since Hoseok’s Mother’s funeral. Hoseok has once again kept his distant away from his friends. Everyone was getting ready for finals and graduation. It wasn’t a big shock to him when he heard the news of Yoongi and Joo Eun breaking up; he knew it was coming the last time he saw Joo Eun. Hoseok was trying hard not to let it bother him yet it’s like every time he breaths, his mind drifts off to her, Yejin. Within the passing month, he has not heard any news about her. It was like she disappears and he was in frustration. He had tried asking around however no one had seen her or heard anything about her. He was afraid…afraid that it was really going to be ‘the last time’ she talked about.

 

While he finishes the last off his assignment, he goes out for a walk. Without knowing, his feet took him to his old school.

 

“What am I doing here?” He whispers to while staring in front of him.

 

He was about to turn around to head back home when he sees Yoongi walks out the school entrance and Joo Eun following behind, keeping her distant.

 

“What’s wrong with them?” He asks himself.

 

Although he had been telling himself to not get involve, his feet couldn’t help but drag him after them. Hoseok following behind secretly.

 

Yoongi and Joo Eun walks into an alley, Hoseok was about to enter as well but stop to listen to their conversation.

 

“Are you a spy? Why are you following me?” Yoongi asks.

“I-I wasn’t following you.” Joo Eun stutters.

“If this is not call following then what is it?” He questions.

“I was just wondering where you were going?” She replies.

 

Yoongi quickly releases her wrist when he realizes he was hurting her.

 

“Sorry.” He quickly apologizes.

“Where are you going?” She asks again.

“Home.”

“But this is not the road to your house.” She responds.

“How did you—oh right, you’ve been there before.” Yoongi pauses. “I’m meeting with Yejin.” He finally told the truth.

“Yejin?” She repeats the name.

“Yejin?” Hoseok whispers her name.

 

Hoseok turns around to witness Yoongi brushing Joo Eun’s hand off him as she tries to hold him back. It hurt him to see the weak and pitiful Joo Eun yet his attention was all on Yoongi. Hoseok took another route and followed Yoongi. As his hyung enters the coffee shop, Hoseok sees Yejin sitting down as she was waiting for someone. Quickly, he enters the shop and sat down far away from them yet close enough to listen to their conversation.

 

It has been almost an hour and the two has not spoken a single word. Yoongi glances at his at his watch impatiently.

 

“So are you going to tell me why you called me?” Yoongi says in an uninterested tone.

 

Nervously, her hand trembles while taking a sip from her cup.

 

“I just—just want to see you.” She replies nervously.

“Are you kidding me?” He responds.

 

A moment of silence came between them.

 

“Can we start over?” She finally asks him since it was the real reason she called him out.

“Start over?” He sighs. “How can we start over when there was never anything between us?” He says coldly.

“You don’t love—“

 

She was cut off when his phone starts ringing. She watches as he picks up the phone ignoring her existence.

 

“What is it? Joo Eun?” Her name coming out from his lips made Yejin look up. “I haven’t, why? GONE?!” He shouts. “What are you talking about?!” He continues and Yejin kept quiet. “Fine, I’ll go look for her.”

 

As he hangs up the phone, he starts to finish his drink.

 

“You’re still not over her too?” Yejin asks. “Do you still care for her?”

“To answer your question.” He ignores her. “The only person I will ever start over with is her.”

 

It was hurting her but she held it in. Without hesitation Yoongi left out in a hurried. Yejin sat quietly leaving her coffee untouched.

 

“Why do you keep on doing this to yourself?” Hoseok thought as he sits secretly behind her.

 

As the night grew darker, Yejin packs he things and left the shop. Hoseok who stayed behind also follow her out. They were walking quite a distant when Yejin decides to stop her movement.

 

“How long are you planning on following me, Hoseok-ssi?” She asks while turning around to the man standing a few feet away from her.

 

He rubs the back of his head slightly in embarrassment.

 

“Next time if you want to secretly follow me, why don’t you hide yourself properly.”

“So you’ve notice?” He asks raising his eyebrows.

“I’ve noticed the moment you walked in.” She replied.

“How?” He says curiously.

“Your—scent.” She stutters.

“You and your out of the ordinary nose.” He chuckles. “You have never changed.”

 

Her smile fades away, she despite it when he brings up the past.

 

“Did you want to go on a date?” She says suddenly.

 

He was stunned by her words.

 

“I just got dumped.”

 

He didn’t know what she was trying to do but with her smile, he smiled slightly back.

 

It was a little pass nine in the evening, Yejin and Hoseok both are walking side by side without saying anything. To them it was a new feeling. She could feel the heat running through her vein; regrets grew on her; she was ashamed of how things were ending. The past month were nothing but surprises, she wasn’t ready to face the truth but all she was able to do what let out a sigh.

 

“This is a new feeling?” He says breaking the silence.

“What is?” She asks.

“This date thing.” He replies.

 

She kept silence.

 

“We’ve never done it back then.” She said sounding almost sad. “But you’re not even the type to go on dates anyways.”

 

He glances at her coldly.

 

“How do you know I wouldn’t want to go on dates?”

“I’ve always want to do things like other couples do but you’re always busy.” She tested him.

“Like what?” He responds.

 

She looks at him and smiles.

 

“Never mind.” She says walking away.

 

He grabs onto her arm before she got a chance to go far. She froze. His touches always send shivers throughout her body. Suddenly he pulls her in for a hug, his arms wrap around her shoulders. He didn’t expect it but she returns the hug and gently wrap her arms around his waist.

 

“Can you give me another chance?” She whispers gently.

“What?”

 

She took a moment to think.

 

“Can you love me again?” She manages to say.

 

He went quiet for a minute and giggles came out. She didn’t think it was something funny but hearing his giggles, it warms her heart.

 

“Why are you so eager? You asked Yoongi hyung earlier to start over with you. Now you’re asking me to love you, are you some kind of player?” He chuckles.

 

The smile on her face slowly fades.

 

“Just because…” She sighs.

 

A lot of things were going through her head and before she knew it, her tears were dripping down her cheeks. He thought it was weird for her to be silent for such a long time, he was about to pull away but she tightens the grip.

 

“Can we stay like this forever?” Her voice cracking as she tries to hold in the tears.

 

He sighs adjusting to the situation.

 

“I made you cry again, didn’t I?”

 

She shook her head against his chest.

 

“You know I hate it when you cry.” He says.

“Hmm.” She hummed.

“Don’t cry.” He whispers into her ear comforting her.

“I’m just happy.” She replied.

“Happy?” He asks.

“You didn’t reject me nor did you promise. Unlike Yoongi.”

 

He pulls away and stared into her eyes. Gently, his thumbs wipe the remaining tears from her cheeks. He moves in closer, their lips almost touching.

 

“I’m sorry.” He whispers before laying his lips against hers.

 

Both their stomach was filled with butterflies. The feelings were there and it didn’t feel wrong. She tightens the grip on his shirt making him smile against her lips.

 

“If I you ask what I want…I’ll tell you I want to be in your embrace again…just like this. Oppa—don’t love me. Although it’s killing me to want your love, don’t love me.” She thought silently.

“I Love You…instead of making excuses, will you really let me love you this time?” He thought silently to himself.