020

No More Dream

Tomorrow is going to be graduation day and everyone was busy preparing and rehearsing for the ceremony. Namjoon, Seokjin, Yoongi and Joo Eun were all nervous due to the excitement. Everyone was having flashbacks to when it felt like yesterday that they all met however they were all there staring at each other getting ready for the big day. The four were sitting in the auditorium listening to the Head Principal giving out his speech. After a long yet meaningful speech, he dismisses the students to have the day off. Namjoon excuses himself from the others and heads out for an audition. Joo Eun, Seokjin and Yoongi walks over to their hideout; while Joo Eun and Seokjin sits and wait, Yoongi went out to buy some drinks for everyone.

“Are you nervous?”

“A-about graduation?” She stutters and he smiles at her nervousness.

“Yeah.” He smiles.

“Just a little. You?” She asks avoiding his stares.

“Honestly, I can’t believe it—that high school is over for us.” He sighs.

“Me too.” She lowers her head and stares at the ground.

“Have you decided where you want to go to college?”

“I’m waiting for their respond, Seoul University.” She mumbles.

“I see.” He replies uneasily.

“What about you?” She asks.

“Me?” He hesitates, since he has not had any thoughts about furthering his education. “I haven’t decided it yet.”

Seokjin feels uneasy for some reason; she was going to college and achieve her dream while he’s still doubting what he really wants in life. To avoid her, he stares off into space. —Not long after, Yoongi comes back alongside with Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook. He distributes the drinks among the friends and sits down next to Joo Eun

“For all those moments we’ve been together, there are ups and downs—but are you guys surprised that we made it?” Yoongi says after sipping his soda.

“Indeed, we did go through a lot.” Seokjin couldn’t help by smile.

“We’re finally grown-ups now.” She said it in a funny way making everyone laugh.

“Congratulations hyung!” Taehyung and Jimin says.

“I cannot wait until our graduation day.” Jimin comments.

“Are you sure you’re going to graduate?” Taehyung replies coolly and everyone laughs thinking it might be a possibly that Jimin won’t finish high school.

“I’m glad and happy for everyone.” Jungkook says behind everyone.

“We’re finally one step closer to the future.” Seokjin says sounding depress.

“Let’s always be together like this, okay?” Joo Eun says.

The boys nod in unison. They whole day they spent it with small talks and laughs.

 

The gang and Joo Eun all met in the gym before the graduation ceremony to play a game of basketball to bring back some memories. They were all letting go of everything including the big day ahead of them just to enjoy the last precious moment together. They were all immersed in the game what the time has been forgotten, before they could notice it was time to get ready. —Since it was the most important day, classes were not in session; Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook were already in the auditorium waiting for the ceremony to start. Not long after, one by one the graduating students came in and took their designated seats. In the front row was Namjoon and Yoongi, Joo Eun was in the third roll and Seokjin on the fourth right behind her. The Principal again gives out his speech and wishes the students their best in the future. After the Diplomas were given out, the certificates for Honor students were given to both Joo Eun and Seokjin.

 

After a long two and a half hours of seating, the graduates, families and friends all went outside to hang out. Namjoon and Seokjin’s parents came, Yoongi’s older sister also showed up, even Joo Eun’s Aunt and Uncle came to congrats them. Everyone was taking pictures with one another and smiles were filling the air until Joo Eun sees Hoseok walking towards them, her heart has drop the moment she lay eyes on him; she couldn’t believe that after all this time she was still unable to hold her feelings in, she was nervous to see him.

“HYUNG!” Jimin and Taehyung shouts together.

Everyone pauses at whatever they were doing and glances over to Hoseok.

“Congratulations.” He says smiling.

“YAH! It’s been a long time, friend.” Namjoon says walking over to give him a hug.

“Hyung, how have you’ve been?” The youngest of them all asks.

“I’ve been busy with school—you know I am trying to graduation too.” Hoseok says scratching his head.

“When you graduating?” Yoongi asks.

A silence broke out and Hoseok couldn’t say anything but gives out an awkward motion with his eyes.

“Graduation was yesterday.” Hoseok finally let out.

“Why didn’t you contact us?” Seokjin broke the awkwardness between the friends.

“I didn’t invite you guys because it was just a little ceremony, nothing fancy compare to this.”

“Still hyung, we’re all still brothers.” Taehyung says.

“Noona, say something, you’re so quiet.” Jimin teases her.

For a second, their eyes met—Joo Eun and Hoseok. She shifts her eyes away due to all the heat she is building up inside.

“Hello. It’s been a long time.” He says smiling at her.

“H-hi.” She stutters.

“Let’s take a photo together since Hobi is here.” Namjoon suggests.

“Come on!” Everyone said in unison.

Joo Eun is still daze out from the appearance of Hoseok; the guys decide to line up next to each other, Joo Eun in the middle. While she was unfocused, Hoseok wrap his arm around her shoulder and as she glances at him her heart again flustered.

 

While the guys were trying to catch up with Hoseok, Seokjin grabs onto Joo Eun’s hand.

“Can I talk to you?” He asks and took her into a room inside the school building.

“What is it?” She responds while they were in the quiet empty room.

Seokjin release the grip on her wrist.

“I want to say something. Will you give me a moment?”

“Of course.” She slightly smiles.

He had sweats on his palms and stayed quiet for a moment.

“I-I don’t know what you’re going to do after this day is over.” He sighs. “I don’t know how we’re going to end up like. I don’t know and I don’t want to think about it but—“

“But?”

“—but, I just want you to know that if anything happens…I will always be here for you.”

She smiles brightly at his statement.

“I know I can count on you.”

“I know told you this before but I’m going to say it again.”

She felt a chill down her back knowing what he was going say.

“Don’t say it—“

“Eun-ah, I Love You.” He cuts her off.

Joo Eun gives him a bittersweet smile.

 

Joo Eun walks out from the room, without looking back she closes the door lightly behind her. She heads towards the front entrance however someone grab a hold of her hand, she turns around to see Hoseok standing in front of her.

“Can we talk?” He asks.

Without letting her answer, Hoseok lead her to the back of the school building where the only people there are the two. Hoseok let go of the grip from her hand and rubs the back of his head slightly.

“How are you?” He stares into her eyes and she responds back. “You haven’t been talking much back there, is something wrong?”

She suddenly shifts her eyes.

“I’m doing fine. I-I’m sorry, I didn’t expect you to show up.” She said.

“Did I surprise you?”

“Y-yeah, kind of.” She replies.

Out of blue, without her realizing, he pulls her lightly into his embrace.

“I missed you.” He whispers into her ear. “Why do I miss holding you in my arms so much?” He asks closing his eyes to feel all the emotions.

“Me too.” Joo Eun blurted.

For a split second, she realizes the warmth she had missed from his arms. She wraps her arms around his waist and buried her face deeper into his chest.

“I wish we could stay like this forever.” Hoseok says, tightening the hug.

“I wish so too—“

“I Love You.” He cuts her off.

 

Joo Eun came out to the front yard of the building witnessing that everyone has gone home and the janitors were cleaning up. Jimin was walking pass—

“Jimin-ah!” She calls out for him.

“Ey noona!” He replies walking towards her.

“You’re not going home yet?” She asks.

“I was about to when you called me.” He smiles. “Did you already meet up with Yoongi-hyung?”

“Yoongi?”

“He said he was waiting in the gym for—“

He didn’t even get to finish when Joo Eun dashes off to the gym. Jimin chuckles at her silliness then an arm wrap around his shoulder.

“It’s funny how ‘love’ can change a person.”

“Hyung.”

“Let’s go.” Namjoon says and the two walks away from the school.

 

Joo Eun push the door open and before she gets to say a single world he cuts her—

“Want to start over again?”

“What?” She asks confusingly, her heart pounding just looking at him.

“I want to start over again—with you.” He sighs and she walks closer to him. “I will try to be the perfect boyfriend you dream off…so, can we start again?” He asks with desperate eyes.

She was a little taken back by his sudden words; she was already going crazy and now having Yoongi pouring his hear out was making her go insane.

“What’s going on with you?” She chuckles nervously. “This is so not the Yoongi I know.”

“Because I Love You.”

His words made her freeze in movement.

“I want you to be right beside me so I can protect you. I felt ashamed of myself that I was unable to be there for you when we were together. I want you to give me a chance to change myself, can you give me that chance?” He asks.

She gazes straight into his eyes without saying a word.

“I Love You.”