007

No More Dream

The moment of silence broke between the two when Jungkook enter the room.

“Hyung! What are you doing here?” Jungkook asks.

“I came to pick you up.” Yoongi replies. “But I’ll leave you to take care of Joo Eun.”

“I just called Namjoon-hyung about the situation that I won’t be able to make it.” Jungkook explains.

“Don’t worry about it.” Yoongi says walking towards the door.

“Thanks, hyung.” Jungkook smiles.

Yoongi puts on his shoes and closes the door behind him.

“Why did you come down?” Jungkook asks setting the plastic bag on the table.

“Where did you go?” She questions.

He chuckles.

“I couldn’t find the medicine so I went down to the pharmacy to buy some.” He says shyly.

“Thanks.” She responds.

He glances at the plastic bag and sees a cup next to it.

“Did Yoongi-hyung make this?” Jungkook asks.

“Oh –“ She replies.

“It’s so Yoongi-hyung.” He giggles at the thought of it.

“Is he usually this nice?” She asks with curiosity.

“He’s like the father in our group; he takes care of everyone.” Jungkook commented.

Jungkook opens the bag and takes out some pills and hands it over to her.

“Take these and get some rest. You’ll feel better after some sleep.”

He walks over to the refrigerator and grabs a bottle of water and return back to Joo Eun. She takes the medicine and drinks the water to chase it down. Jungkook helps her to her bedroom and helps her get in bed.

“I’ll be next door if you need anything.” He says before closing the door.

As Jungkook leaves, Joo Eun realizes that Yoongi’s jacket was still with her. She smiles and sets the jacket next to her before falling into dreamland. A few hours pass and it was getting late, Joo Eun finally wakes up and feels a little better. She gets out of bed and heads outside. She knocks on Jungkook’s bedroom door but he didn’t answer. She walks downstairs and see him sitting on the sofa watching television. She slowly approaches him and sits beside him.

“You’re awake?” He says looking at her. “How are you feeling?”

“Much better.” She replies. “You don’t have anywhere to go?” She says feeling guilty.

“We were supposed to celebrate Jimin’s birthday today but we postponed it.”

“All because of me?” She quickly responds.

“Of course not.” He says trying not to make it seems like it’s her fault.

“I got sick and you took care of me that you couldn’t make it to your friend’s birthday.” She says sadly.

“Noona.” He sighs. “Don’t worry about it. We can always do it some other time.” He says.

Suddenly a bright light came to her.

“Why don’t you call them over? We can celebrate it here.” She says.

“What?” He questions. “Are you okay with it?”

“I’m fine.” She says. “I’ll get the ingredients for the cake.”

“Are you going to make a cake?” He asks.

“Of course!” She replies happily.

“Could you make one?” He asks.

“I’ve done it a few times.” Joo Eun answers.

“Alright then. I’ll text the hyungs.” He smiles.

As Joo Eun prepares for the cake, Jungkook grabs some balloons and ribbons from the closet and starts decorating the living room. Not long after, the members start to show up one by one. They gather around the living room area and help with the last minute decorating. Jimin was the second to the last to come in and last was Yoongi. Joo Eun sees Yoongi but didn’t want to make eye contact with him. The room was filled with laughter and music, Joo Eun felt like she was really making friends. She was in the kitchen waiting for the cake to be ready but suddenly fell asleep. After a while, Yoongi comes in to check up on her. She walks up to her side and smiles at her who was sleeping soundly. Then he starts to clear his throat which made her wake up.

“What are you doing here?” She asks.

“I was curious how long the cake was going to take.” He replies.

She glances at her watch.

“Only a few more minutes until it’s done.”

“Did you want help?” He asks.

“Can you?” She questions.

“There’s nothing Min Yoongi can’t do.” He chuckles.

Joo Eun could feel her heart beat faster and faster as he approaches her closely. He smiles and wipes the flour off from her face. She flinches a little due to his sudden movement. She felt the warm from his hands and blushes.

“You like it?” Yoongi suddenly asks.

“What?” Joo Eun replies avoiding his eyes.

“Look at me.” He says.

She slowly rolls her eyes over to meet his. His smile was breath taking and she knew it.

“I want to stay like this.” He whispers softly to her.

Suddenly something hit her and thought he was just messing around with her.

“You do this to every girl, right?” She says as she takes a step back.

“Not all.” He replies.

“I’m not like the other girls you’ve been with.” She says.

“Which ones?” He questions.

“Don’t make a promise if you cannot keep it.” She says giving him a weird look.

She remembers the girls in the bathroom talking about him. All the sweet things that was in her head starts to disappear as the thought of him being with other girls came across her head. He sighs.

“I’m not that kind of person. It’s not like I chose to be one. I never wanted to hurt anyone but how can I stop when I am also a man? I may look like I talk to a lot of girls but if I meet the girl who makes my heart flutter and takes my breath away – I will only have her in my eyes.” He says softly.

She has again, begin to drift away with his speech. She was lost in her own world just looking at him as he plays with the flour on the table.

 

“Sometimes I want to run away from your playfulness yet sometimes I’m curious on what kind of person you really are. – Your words, your personality; it makes me feel like that playful side of you never exist. It’ll be nice if your words were true and not just another lie you say to make a girl fall for you.” She thought.