019

No More Dream

A/N: Like I promised, here's another short chapter. Sadly to say, this story is coming to an end but do not worry there is more to come! That, I guarantee. 


After the confession from Seokjin, Joo Eun and him felt more comfortable together and has been having a friendly bond. They were seen everywhere throughout school; classes, study hall and even after school. The two were able to communicate freely as they desire. The more they spent time together the more Joo Eun was pushing Yoongi further away. Graduation was not far and everyone’s been rushing to study, that was an excuse for Joo Eun who never had time for Yoongi. He was once the person she runs to every time she had a problem but now, he was nowhere to be seen and she did not even notice his disappearance.

“Eun-ah. Did you want to get some coffee after school?” Seokjin asks sitting across the classroom.

“Call.” She replies excitedly.

“Aren’t you two getting too serious about this relationship?” Namjoon who sits between them says.

“What are you saying?” Seokjin asks.

“I bet you don’t even know what today is, right?”

Seokjin and Joo Eun looks at each other.

“Today?” She questions.

“I knew you wouldn’t remember.” Namjoon responds coldly. “I just don’t understand you, Moon Joo Eun.” Namjoon emphasis her full name.

Joo Eun was about to say something but Yoongi walks inside the classroom.

“Hyung!” Namjoon shouts.

Joo Eun eyes Yoongi as he sits beside Namjoon silently. Her mind went blank and memories of them just starts to pop one after another. She did not remember the last time they spent time together. She felt ashamed of herself because all this time she’s been spending time with Seokjin but Yoongi never utter a single word about her ignoring him. She lowers her head before looking at Seokjin who was mouthing her.

“It’s Yoongi’s birthday, today.”

Surprised, her eyes widen in embarrassment. She has forgot all about it, totally. Shamefully, she glances at him hoping he doesn’t hate her for forgetting his special day.

 

The last bell rung and students were rushing out the school building for the weekend. Namjoon and Seokjin has already left the classroom to their lockers. Joo Eun packs up her things and was about to leave when she notices Yoongi’s backpack and books were still laying on his desk.

“Why hasn’t he come back from the bathroom?” She mumbles.

Quickly, she takes out a sticky note and left a note for him before leaving the room to find the others. When Yoongi returns to the empty classroom, she sees the note on his desk.

“What’s wrong? See you in the gym.” ~ Joo Eun

Carelessly, he just tosses the paper into the trash bin and walks out the school without meeting up with her.

 

Yoongi was walking down the streets at night trying to calm his lonely mind when he approaches a coffee shop and sees the all the guys in. He couldn’t help but went inside to confront them, he felt angry that they didn’t invite him.

“H-hyung!” Jimin shouts.

“What are you doing here?” Jungkook asks surprisingly.

“What do you mean?”

“I thought you were with Joo Eun noona?” Taehyung replies.

“Joo Eun?” He questions. “Why would I be with her?”

“Isn’t today your birthday?” Seokjin asks.

“Yeah, so what?” He replies coldly still angry about them not inviting him.

“She said she’s waiting for you in the gym, she even left a note.” Namjoon responds.

“Gym?” He repeats.

“Did you get the memo?” Seokjin said.

“We thought you were with her.” Jimin stated.

“That’s why we didn’t ask you to come along.” Jungkook responds.

Yoongi glances at his watch reading 9:37PM.

“This girl is driving me crazy!” He mumbles before running out the shop.

 

“Why hasn’t he come yet? Did he not see my note? Is he made at me?” Questions was floating in her head and she keeps on looking at her phone. “Should I call him?”

She glances at Yoongi’s phone number but her fingers were too afraid to press the dial button so she just set her phone aside. She felt like an idiot waiting on the bleachers holding onto a cake as time passes.

 

Thirty minutes passes and Yoongi finally shows up in the gym as he pushes the door open, breathlessly. He searches the wide room but Joo Eun was nowhere. Before leaving the gym he sees a small box seating lonely on the bleachers, he walks over and grabs the card that was on top of the box.

“How are you? I’m sorry for ignoring you for the past month, it’s my fault. I didn’t even think about how you feel. If you are angry at me then I’ll take the blame. It must have been hard on you. For your birthday I have nothing but this cake for you. I wanted to celebrate it with you but it seems like you are too busy … you must have someone else to celebrate it with. Please enjoy the cake. Happy Birthday.” ~ Joo Eun

He sets the card aside and open the box up to see a small cake with mango decorations.

“Joo Eun-ah.” He whispers.

He quickly boxes up the cake, grabs the card and runs out once again. He was running towards her house directions but he couldn’t find her. He keeps on running but to him it seems like she’s going further away from him. Finally, after a long time running, which he hates, he made it to the corner of Jungkook’s house and sees a small figure and he couldn’t get the girl he loves wrong.

“JOO EUN-AH!” He shouts loudly.

She turns around at the sound of his voice. He was approaching her trying to catch his breath holding tightly onto the box. He pulls her in with the remaining arm he had and hugs her.

“I’m sorry for making you wait.” He says.

“I thought you were mad at me.” She said wrapping her arms around his waist.

“I’m not mad at you. I’m sorry.” He replies.

He sighs tightening his grip as he regrets tossing her note away.  Within minutes, the guys made it back to Jungkook’s house and witness the scene.

“Hyung!” Jungkook shouts loudly then separates them. “What are you doing?”

“Jungkook-ah! Why do you always interfere with everything?” Jimin asks.

“They’re trying to have some private time.” Taehyung adds after Jimin.

Joo Eun and Yoongi stares at each other before feeling their cheeks burning up. Yoongi rubs the back of his head shyly.

“Don’t misunderstand.” Yoongi says.

“Alright! Since Joo Eun noona made it safe back, everyone can go back now.” Jungkook says trying to push everyone away.

“YAH! We’re your hyungs!” Namjoon shout angrily at the Maknae.

“I’m sorry. I just thought it wouldn’t be necessary for you all to stay since noona is back.” Jungkook calms himself.

“Alright, we’ll get going.” Seokjin responds waving his hand out.

As the boys, one by one leaves, Joo Eun watches Yoongi’s back as he walks away further.

 

“Why are you always showing your back to me—don’t you miss me? Why didn’t you tell me that you miss me?” Joo Eun thought silently to herself.