006

No More Dream

A/N: Sorry I've been away for too long! 


At school, in the morning before class starts, Jimin and Taehyung both ran into the classroom; heavy breathing.

 

“What’s up with you two?” Namjoon asks.

“Did something happen again?” Seokjin questions.

 

Jimin and Taehyung tries to calm down and catch their breaths.

 

“Hyung! Didn’t you hear the news?” Taehyung manages to say still trying to catch his breath from all the running.

“What news?” Yoongi finally responds.

“Hoseok hyung’s Mother passed away.” Jimin answers.

 

Their eyes bewildered upon hearing.

 

“It must have been some kind of rumors.” Seokjin asks not believing.

“Really hyung. Hoseok hyung’s family is preparing for the funeral.”

“Hoseok is my family, why didn’t I hear anything?” Yoongi asks raising his eyebrows.

“It happened so fast, I don’t think they had time to announce anything.” Jimin replies.

“Hyung! So are we going to go?” Taehyung asks raising questions.

“I’m not going.” Namjoon blurted out.

 

Everyone had their eyes glued on him.

 

“Joonie, you’re still not over it?” Seokjin asks.

“Just forget about it already.” Yoongi responds.

“I’m not going.” Namjoon repeats.

“It’s alright if you don’t go but just remember he was there for you at some point in life.” Yoongi said calmly.

“That’s right hyung.” Taehyung shouts. “Remember that time you almost got expelled from school? Hoseok hyung was there for you, wasn’t he?” Taehyung comments.

“Are you going to act like this hyung?” Jimin asks.

“For a moment, a short moment please don’t think about the problems between you two—he needs us now more than anything.” Seokjin adds.

“Alright, alright! I’ll go, just because I owe him one.” Namjoon raise his voice.

 

Just then, Joo Eun enters the classroom.

 

“Noona, have you heard about Hoseok’s Mother—“

“I heard.” Joo Eun cuts Taehyung off.

“The funeral is coming up, are you going to go with us?” Yoongi asks feeling uneasy.

 

She was a little hesitant in her answers.

 

“Just come along.” Seokjin says.

“I’ll think about it.” Joo Eun replies and the room went silent.

 

In a long black dress, Yejin appears at the funeral when she sees Hoseok and the helpers are preparing. For a split second, their eyes met and he approaches her.

 

“What are you doing here?” He asks.

“Your Mother was like a Mother to me. I want to do something good for her one last time, can’t I?” She asks almost pleading.

 

The two just stares at one another.

 

“Hello, Uncle.” Yejin says to Hoseok’s Father who was walking by.

“Oh-Yejin-ah. Thank you for coming.” Hoseok’s Father says.

“I’m more than happy to be here.” She replies.

“I might have to be rude and ask you to help around, is that alright?” Hoseok’s Father asks.

“I would love to help.” Yejin replies.

“Thank you. I have to pay a visit at the company, I’ll be back later.” He says and left the room.

 

The two youngsters bow and bid their goodbyes to the elder.

 

“Are you alright?” She asks Hoseok. “You don’t look so good.”

“I’m fine. Just haven’t had a good night sleep these pass few days.”

 

Without saying anything further, she grabs onto his hand and lead him to the guest room. As they arrive, she pushes him down to sit on the couch.

 

“I’ll be nice and let you sleep for a few hours.” She says smiling lightly.

 

He felt somewhat awkward with her smiling at him.

 

“But—“

“No buts, I’ll take care of things from here. Just get some rest, okay?” She commands.

 

She grabs the pillow and blanket from the closet and hands it to him.

 

“I’ll come get you in a few hours.” She says closing the door behind her.

 

Hoseok has awoken from his nap and he feels so much better. He pushes the blanket aside and walks out the room to find a commotion of people running here and there.

 

“What’s going on?” Hoseok asks the maid.

“We’re just getting the last minute touch up.” The maid replies. “Thanks to Ms. Park, we were able to get everything finish on time.”

 

The maid excuse herself and Hoseok glances over to the busy Yejin, a smile creep on his face.

 

“Of course—there’s nothing Park Yejin cannot do.”

 

Yejin glances at her watch and sees that it was getting late. She rushes over to the guest room to find emptiness.

 

“Has he already waken up?” She whispers to herself.

“Are you looking for me?” He asks.

 

She turns around to see a wide awaken Hoseok walking in.

 

“You’re up!” She says smiling.

“I was enjoying my sleep but your loud voice woken me up.” He teases.

“You’re such a light sleeper, how can you not wake up?” She questions staring into his eyes.

“Don’t you always know me best?” Hoseok says testing her. “I love it when you smile.”

 

She caught what he was doing and avoid his eyes.

 

“I’ll go check outside.” She says walking away in embarrassment.

 

He caught a grip of her hand before she could get away.

 

“Thank you.” He says softly. “Thanks for everything….for being here with me.”

 

Yejin gently pull her hand away.

 

“This is the least I can do.” She says walking away.

 

Nightfall has greeted everyone; the BTS Gang has arrived at the funeral with Joo Eun. They walk into the room and sees Hoseok sitting in the front of the room with his Father. The boys and Joo Eun quietly sits in the open seats in the back. Hoseok’s bulter has informed him that his friends were here, Hoseok turns around giving them a nod acknowledging their presences. In the back of everyone stands Yejin who’s standing alone watching over everything. Minutes later, Hoseok’s butler comes to her.

 

“Ms. Park.” The butler says.

“Yes Mister.” She replies.

“Mr. Jung and my Young Master would like you to join them up front.” He says and it brings shivers to her.

“Up front?” She questions.

“Yes.”

 

She notice the gang was here and made her didn’t want to show herself but she also didn’t want to disappoint Hoseok’s Father’s request. Quietly, she sets down the items in her hand and follows the butler.

 

“Oh-isn’t that Yejin noona?” Jungkook asks.

 

The guys’ eyes wonder to finally see her walking to the front.

 

“What is she doing here?” Yoongi asks angrily.

“Do not tell me they are back together?” Seokjin asks.

“The chances are highly.” Taehyung responds not caring about what others might think.

“Hoseok is not the type to go back to an ex-girlfriend.” Namjoon blurted out.

 

Joo Eun’s face darkens upon hearing the comment.

 

“There’s definitely something going on between them two.” Jungkook says bring questions to everyone.

 

Yoongi glances at Joo Eun expressions, he gently held onto her hand.

 

At the end of the ceremony, the guests, one by one has starts to leave. Hoseok finally gets the chance to greet the gang members.

 

“Thanks for coming.” Hoseok says.

“Hobi, I’m sorry for last time.” Namjoon responds with a half-smile.

“It’s nothing to worry about. I would have done the same.” Hoseok replies.

“You know we’ll always be here for you.” Seokjin says patting the young friend’s shoulder.

“Everything will be fine hyung.” Jimin’s eyes twinkle looking at his friend.

“It’s get better.” Taehyung follows.

“Don’t stress out too much hyung.” Jungkook says.

“Thanks guys.” Hoseok smiles assuring everyone he was okay.

 

They talked for about fifteen minutes before bidding his goodbyes to his fellow friends; Hoseok left the scene.

 

“Where’s Joo Eun?” Seokjin asks.

“I saw her in the back earlier.” Jungkook answers.

“I’ll go get her.” Yoongi offers.

 

The guys waited in the front while Yoongi left to go get Joo Eun. Hoseok enters the kitchen and sees Joo Eun who’s about to go out. He didn’t say anything and passes her to grab a bottle of water.

 

“Will you be okay?” She asks.

“I’ll be fine. You should get going, Yoongi hyung is waiting for you.” He replies with his back facing her.

“How could you talk about him when—“

“You know this isn’t the right thing to do.” He cuts her off knowing what she was going to say.

“I cannot just stand still and watch you suffer all by yourself, I just can’t.” She says in a rather loud voice.

“We talked about this last time. It’s best if you stay away from me.”

“I know—“ She whispers. “But can’t you let me stay like this for a moment? I just want to hold you, to comfort you.”

“But—“

 

She cuts him off as she hugs him from the back; her arms around his waist and her head leaning against his back.

 

“I miss you. I really miss you.” She whispers.

“I miss you too.” He thought to himself.

 

He could not help but turn around and hug her tightly back. The two lovers embrace and comfort each other while Yoongi hides quietly behind the wall between them.

 

“Are you back with her? Your first love?” Joo Eun stutters

 

He stays silent.

 

“So, she’s the one you couldn’t forget, am I right?” She asks feeling uneasy for the answer.

“You’re right.” He let out a sigh. “She’s the one I can’t forget even if I’m with you.” He replies.

 

Joo Eun let go of her arms which were wrapping around his waist.

 

“So it’s like that—I couldn’t replace her.” Joo Eun utters.

 

Hoseok didn’t give her a definitely answer; Joo Eun walks out the room. He didn’t bother to stop her since he knew it was the wrong thing to do.

 

“Why are you telling her lies?” Yejin says making Hoseok flinch back.

“What are you doing here?” He asks.

“I was here first.” She responds holding the mop in her hand.

 

There was silence between them.

 

“If you loved her so much, why did you lie to her? You know, you’re just pushing her away.” Yejin comments.

“It wasn’t a lie—it’s the truth.”

 

She couldn’t look into his eyes because then he’ll figure it out that she indeed still loves him deeply.

 

“You’re still my first love—“

“I was.” She cuts him off. “I was your first love. Don’t let that get in the way of your happiness.” The tone in her voice shatters knowing it’s the opposite of what her hearts is telling her.

“Are you still not going to forgive me?” He asks.

“What’s there to forgive when you have never done anything wrong?” She replies sadly.

“Then why is my heart telling me what I’m doing is wrong? Why are you ignoring me? Why—“

“I’m not ignoring you.” She answers.

“Then are you happy?” He asks. “My happiness was you—and it’s still is.”

“I’m—“

 

He pulls her into his embrace before she gets a chance to fully answer.

 

“Why are you making it so hard on me?” He says looking into her eyes before pecking her lips. “For once, I just want to be happy. For once, I just want to do things my way without you making my decision for me.” He whispers before pulling her in again for a hug.

 

“Oppa.” She whispers.

 

He felt everything was going the right way when she called him ‘Oppa.’ He hadn’t heard it from her in a long time.

 

“Hmm?”

“Can you let this be the last time?” She says and it broke her heart.

 

He didn’t say anything but tighten the grip around her.

 

“Please Yejin-ah.” He plead to himself, afraid that if he let go, she’ll be gone forever.

“Oppa, I love you very much but this is not right. It’s not right for you nor for her. I don’t want any more regrets.” She thought to herself.