Fever

Protective Brothers

Dongwoo POV

 

That morning was really unusual for us to see Woohyunie being sensitive about everything. He sulked at Sungyeol who made his shirt got wrinkled. And he didn't even talk to Sungjong at all. I was wondering what happened.

"Yah..I already ironed it..Namu ah..look at me," Sungyeol persuaded him, but Woohyunie being stubborn as he is, ignored him. He rested his head on Myungsoo's shoulder and pulled down his cap to cover his face.

And I can see his puffed sulking cheeks, clearly.

Sungyeol sighed and looked at Sungjong and Sunggyu hyung. Sunggyu hyung of course would look at them with his questioning face. Sungjong looked taken aback as well.

"Don't look at me! He don't even talk to me since he woke up!" 

"What happened?"

"Woohyunie is sulking at both of them," I told our leader. Sunggyu hyung just nodded his head and continue to read his book. His obsession with tough leadership. Tsk. How cruel he wanna be...

"Boys, we're here. Do your recording and practice harder, alright? I'll bring something good soon," our manager pulled off the van. We thanked him and walked to the company, following our leader. I turned back and saw both Myungsoo and Woohyun were still standing at the lobby. Our other members had already went upstair.

"Namu, you've got fever. You better rest today," Myungsoo held both of Woohyunie's arms. But the smaller boy struggled to free himself.

"Let me go! I wanna sing!" he whined. The cap fell and I can see how red hia face is. Now I know why he was oversensitive today. It ia not that he is angry or what, he just feel uncomfortable without he himself knew. That is typical Namu anyway.

"Andwe! Look at your face! Red...your skin is too warm. I will tell Sunggyu hyung!"

"No! I will sing!" he puffed his cheeks, trying to be angrier. Looking at his attempt, Myungsoo, of course, gave in. He sighed and put his jacket onto Woohyunie's smaller body.

"Alright. But tell us of you don't feel good, understand?" Myungsoo told him, zipped up the jacket. Woohyunie smiled and nodded like a child. I sighed and waited till both of them come closer.

 

 

Everyone had finished our own part, except for Woohyunie. As soon as Hoya finished his part, I looked for Woohyunie. It is a good thing that it is only us for today. 

"Where is Namu?" I asked Myungsoo. He put the magazine back and looked around. Both of us saw a smaller body is lying on the couch. Began to feel worry, we walked towards the couch.

"Hyung...wake up...hyung..." Myungsoo kneeled next to the couch, but Woohyunie didn't show any sign of waking up. I tried to do so, but still he showed no sign of waking up.

"Woohyunie, wake up...it is your turn now.." Sunggyu hyung, out of nowhere, came between us and shook Woohyun's body. He stirred a little and looked at us weakly with his half-lidded eyes.

"Are you okay?" Gyu hyung asked. Woohyunie just nodded and sat up slowly.

"Is it my turn now?" he asked with his croaked voice. Sunggyu hyung looked at us and whispering, 'what's wrong with him?'

"He got fever, but being stubborn tree he is, he refused to go back," Myungsoo said. Which got Woohyun to puff his cheeks angrily again.

"Lie down back," Sunggyu ordered him. Woohyun was startled at first, but began to calm when I rubbed his warm back.

"Lie down..rest..."

"But my turn-"

"When you get better. But not today," I persuaded him. He pouted and looked at Sunggyu whose busy palming his forehead.

"I am okay,"

"Sleep," Sunggyu hyung said as his fingers Woohyunie's cheek. As if the exhaustion finally took over, Woohyunie almost immediately fall back to sleep. 

"Quite warm. Any thermometre?" Sunggyu hyung asked. I nodded and brought over my bag. I do have a first aid kit in my bag. It is teasable but our members are injury prone, especially Woohyunie. I gave the thermometre to Gyu hyung. 

"39.7°C. Too high.."

"No wonder he looked weak and oversensitive," I heard Sungjong's voice behind me. We began to worry when he started to whimper and tossed around in his sleep.

"Let's go to Infirmary room downstair. I think Jun hyung is still there," Hoya suggested. We nodded and let Sungyeol lifted up the vocalist. He carried sleeping Woohyun easily, let the vocalist rested his head against his shoulder.

"Careful for his back," Sunggyu hyung reminded him. He nodded and we went to the infirmary together.

 

As soon as Jun hyung opened the door of the room, he was shocked to see Sungyeol carried sleeping Woohyunie. He hurriedly asked Sungyeol to place Woohyunie onto the bed. 

"Home~~home~~omma~~" Woohyunie whimpered weakly, almost sounded like a hurt puppy. Jun hyung examined him and rushed to get the IV drip.

"His temperature is high. We need to lower it," he told us. After Jun hyung put an IV drip on him, placed a damp towel onto his forehead, we stayed by his side. He looked really peaceful than an hour ago.

"He does looked like an angel, right?" Sungyeol whispered to Myungsoo whose smiling next to him. 

"Yea,"

"My cookie~~ no sharing~~~" we chuckled at his sleep talking. His redden cheeks made him looked like a baby right now. If he is healthy, I would have bite his cheeks. They are so adorable on him. 

"Namu?" he began to open his eyes and looked at us weakly.

"Huh?" he looked around, seems scared all of the sudden. Oh, it could be because of the closed room. Sensing that, Hoya immediately open the window.

"Better?" Sunggyu hyung asked as he Woohyun's head. Woohyunie, being adorable child he is, nodded cutely and blinking at the IV drip next to him.

"Sleep more..." Sunggyu hyung said with smile when Woohyuniw looked sleepy back. He patted Woohyunie's chest softly, humming a song as a lullaby. Slowly, but for sure, Woohyunie fell back to sleep. 

"Get well soon, Namu.."