Fever I

Protective Brothers

Sungyeol POV

I startled and woke up when someone shook my shoulder. I looked up and straighten my back, thanking Myungsoo for waking me up. I looked at the sleeping hyung whose cheeks are red. His skin looks whiter and paler. A damp cloth was placed firmly on his forehead.

"What time is it?" I asked Myungsoo whose texting someone.

"4 pm. Lets go. We need to bring Namu to hospital,"

"Media will know,"

"Hoya and Sungjong had managed it. We use back door like usual. Lets go. Gyu hyung is waiting at the van," Myungsoo said as he pack everything. Oh right, we were practicing just now when Namu suddenly got fever. It is weird because his fever doesn't even drop, even just a little. It is the second IV, but Namu seemed in pain and discomfort more. 

"I'll carry him. You bring our bag," I told Myungsoo. He nodded and began to bring our bag. Carefully, like carrying a baby, I put the IV bag onto his belly whereas I carry him. I leant back a little so that Namu can rest his head comfortably against my shoulder.

"He really is too warm," I told Myungsoo. Just like me, he frowned in worry. We moved to the van and manager hyung drove the van fast. 

"Home~~ home~~" Namu whimpered as he squirmed in my embrace. I cooed him and rubbed his back. His fever is always bad, but thankfully, it is not bad like our concert long ago. That time was the worst ever. Since none of us were next to him at that time. Until now, we feet regret and sorry for leaving him alone.

 

 

 

I watched as Gyu hyung wiped Namu's face with damp cloth. As soon as we arrived at the hospital two hours ago, doctor treated him in the VIP room. We used the same room like he always been since Namu had decorated the wall with his favourite stuff. 

"He is dehydrated,also lack of vitamin and iron. Is he on diet? He lost some weight, which triggers his fever.." the doctor wrote his analysis on the report. 

"Yeah, he is on diet..."

"I suggest him to stop dieting. Until he got his normal weight back, no starving or cut food. Unless you want him to have bad health for a longer period and put your company on risk. Do you hear me?" he told strictly to our manager. I chuckled as our manager hyung nodded like a scared nice kid.

"Thank you doc,"

"Let him rest. When he wake up, make sure he drink this medicine. An adult should take capsule, but in his state right now, he might not going to take it. So, make sure our little Namu drink his medicine. Call me if he throw up or something," the doctor explained with smile. 

"Doc, can you please not tell his brother? Namu will get mad again at us," Myungsoo asked, pleaded with his kitty eyes.

"Well...kind of hard actually since Boohyunie is here...and..."

"Yah! Why nobody told me, my baby brother is here??!" a door opened suddenly and Boohyun hyung rushed next to the bed. The doctor smiled apologetically at us.

"You are my best friend! And you didn't even told me my baby brother is sick! If Jun noona didn' tell me, I might already being on the road without knowing my baby brother is sick here!"

"Stop being dramatic. I gotta go. Call me if there is anything. And Boohyunie, don't worry. Woohyunie is fine..so keep your voice low if you want him to be better faster," he said. Boohyun hyung became speechless all of the sudden.

"Explain," he turned around as soon as the doctor leaved the room. Gyu hyung then took him to a corner and began to tell him everything. I thought Boohyun hyung will get angry, but instead he chuckled when he get back to the bed.

"Aigoo~~ this big baby...aigoo~~" he cooed as he caressed Namu's red cheeks.

"He must feel insecure about himself. He's been like that since our childhood. Aigoo~~ what a baby..."Boohyun hyung smiled as he massaged Namu's arms.

"Guys, you see. He might sometime is annoyingly disturbingly naughty or cute, but it is his way of craving for love. I bet Gyu learnt about our past. But he didn't tell you everything, right? He has always been like that. My poor baby brother.." Boohyun hyung caressed Namu's head lovingly. No wonder Namu always told us that his older brother is his second parents.

"We've been through a lot since our childhood. Things happened in the tv dramas, about broken family, poor financial, cold-hearted people..stuff like that..had happened to us...that is why, Woohyunie is a sensitive soul..especially when he got this kind of fever. Don't tell our mom. She'll freak out,"

"Yes hyung,"

"Guys, you've done a great job of protecting him. Thanks,"

"He is our brother too, of course" I assured him. Boohyun hyung is a very mature man I have ever met. The one I respect alongside Namu. Both brothers are awesome. And I want my brother and I to be like that too.

"Hyung?" we looked at the already awaken Namu. He really looked like a sick child. As soon as Boohyun hyung smiled at him, he reached out his hands for hug. 

"Aigoo~~ better now? How do you feel?" Boohyun hyung pulled him gently into his embrace. Namu just nodded and looked comfortable against Boohyun hyung's chest.

"Drink this," Gyu hyung offered a glass of medicine. Namu, being half-conscious, took it and drank it. He then fell back to sleep in his older brother's embrace. It is a sight of love. The sight we feel envious at the same time.

 

 

(a week later)

Namu is glaring at me right now. Alright, I messed up again. This time, I accidentaly cut his long sleeve shirt into a short one. And that was his favourite shirt. How did we messed up in the first place? Right now, Gyu hyung and Dongwoo hyung are making an art time for us to spend time together .

"Sorry?" I apologized to him. He puffed his cheeks and folded his arms across his chest.

"Get ready. Save yourself," Sungjong told me. My eyes widen when Namu suddenly throw his body towards mine. He locked my neck using his small bony arm, as his leg tangled mine. Damn! That was painful!

"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Save me! Guys!"

"You ruined my shirt! Fix it! Fix it!" he shouted at my ears. Aigoo...this loud Namu.

"Woohyunie, come here," thank you Gyu hyung. I sighed in relief when Dongwoo lifted Namu from me. He then put struggling Namu to sit next to the leader.

"See? It is a nice short sleeve shirt too...what do you think?" Gyu hyung smiled at him, showed him the shirt. Now the long sleeves shirt has become a short sleeves one. Namu looked at it sadly.

"My shirt," he whimpered. Both Gyu hyung and I looked at each other, gulped hard. No, hyung. It is not working.

"Namu, here. This is Gyu hyung favourite jeans, and this is Sungyeol favourite pant. Cut them till it become short too," out of nowhere,Myungsoo came and put the pants in front of us. Namu seemed to love the idea.

"Oh no! Don't! Namu! Pleaseee...no!"

Zapp

Yup, he cut it. Both. And now the pants has become shorts. While he wore the short sleeves shirt with smile, we wear the 'shorts' with sigh. At least, our Namu is smiling now. He looked cute with that giggle. Prove? His round cheeks is redden since Dongwoo hyung bit them. He thought Dino hyung just pinched his cheeks. And our Namu didn't even realized his cute red cheeks yet. How adorable is he, isn't it?

And he belongs to INFINITE😊