Predebut I

Protective Brothers

Sunggyu caressed Woohyun's gently as he still staring at Woohyun's calm sleeping face. He didn't stop smiling at his cute face, serene expression. 

"Hyung, you really make a mess today," Dongwoo said, whose sitting next to bed as well, staring at what Sunggyu are doing.

"I did, aren't I? I wonder if he can forgive me tomorrow," Sunggyu sighed.

"Why did you brought it up in the first place? Past is past, hyungnim,"

"I know..It just.. Slipped from my mouth. I shouldn't drink in the first place..." Sunggyu really regret it. Regret that he had brought the past up, which Woohyun really hated it.

"Just so you know, he won't sleep in your bedroom tonight. Just leave him here, Myungsoo is still in Busan for his filming..."

"Then I can't sleep?"

"Your punishment. I won't lock the door, so come wake him up tomorrow..hyung! Where are you taking him?" Dongwoo's eyes widen when Sunggyu lifted Woohyun and carried him up.

"He will not get any sleep with you. Both you and Myungsoo really are bad sleeper. I'm taking him with me,"

"Fine!"

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu placed Woohyun gently on the bed, surprisingly Woohyun didn't flinched a bit. Sunggyu sighed sadly seeing Woohyun curled into foetus. So he lied next to the smaller man and pulled him into his embrace.

"I'm sorry, Woohyunie... I'm sorry..."

 

 

 

(Predebut)

Sunggyu glared at the new boy who brought in by one of their trainers. The boy has pale tan look, chubby cheeks and was so quiet.

"Everyone, this is the new trainee. Nam Woohyun, please introduce yourself,"

"Hi, my name is Nam Woohyun. Please take care of me," Woohyun bowed politely. 

"Practice your dance. Woohyun, just practice what you want to show us, okay? Guys, be good to this boy.."

"Yes, sir..."

As soon the trainer walked out from the room, Woohyun who seemed awkward walked to his bag and started to look at videos in his phone. That was when one of the trainee grabbed his arm and turned him around.

"Yah, who said you can just walked away like that?"

"What?"

"You came later than us. So that made you a hoobae, understand?" he said, smirk. Woohyun pouted a little, didn't say anything. He followed the older man's glance toward another taller man.

"He's our leader, Kim Sunggyu. Follow whatever he orders you, understand?"

"Don't want to!" Woohyun quickly pick up his bag and ran out from the practice room. Sunggyu clenched his teeth and fist looking at the younger's behaviour.

"Aren't he supposed to respect us?" one of the trainee asked Sunggyu. But Sunggyu didn't say anything.

 

 

 

The days became the worst days of his life. Woohyun sighed sadly as he walked to the bus stop. Never once that group would leave him alone. Everyday they always ask him to do something that put him in trouble. 

"Hello, hyung?" he dialed to his older brother, not knowing Sunggyu is walking to the same bus stop.

"Urrggghhh..must I be here with him? Is there no other bus stop here?" Sunggyu rolled his eyes as he noticed the smaller man sitting at the corner of the bench. Sunggyu, hating the younger for no reason, refuse to even sitting on the bench. So he just stood there, leaning against the ads board.

"Oh..no, it's okay. I'll cook something later. No, don't worry, I won't skip my meal. Yeah, things are fun today, as usual. Everyone is good to me. Okay hyung, love you too. Love mom and dad too...bye," he sounded cheery but changed 360 when he hang up. 

"Why didn't he just tell the truth?" Sunggyu frowned. He glanced at Woohyun who totally oblivious with his surrounding. He kept staring at nothing on the floor.

"Aiisshhh~~" Sunggyu whined when rain poured down heavily. He jumped to the back as protecting himself under the roof of the bus stop. As he wiped his jacket, he startled to see Woohyun sat there like a statue. 

"Yahh!" he suddenly felt guilty when Woohyun jumped in shock. The younger looked at him with wide eyes and totally ignore him later.

"What? You ignore me? Yah!"

"What?" Woohyun asked as he pouted a little.

"What time will the bus be here?"

"It won't pass here.."

"Wha- yah!"

"Here. Use my umbrella. Walk to another bus stop there, the buss will arrive there. Then, I'll take my leave..." Woohyun said as he placed his folded umbrella on the bench. He stood up and put on his hoodie as he walked away, slowly. Sunggyu freeze in his spot looking at the younger's back.

"What- is he crazy?!"

 

 

The situation happened almost everyday, where he purposely followed the younger to the bus stop. Yeah, no bus coming pass the bus stop. But why would the younger sat there almost everyday. That evening, he looked happy than usual.

"Hyung! Woohyunie had finished the practice! I'll- oh? Oh...it's okay. I understand. Yeah. Can I just order take out for today? I...suddenly crave for fried chicken.. Okay hyung. Love you too," the happy bean became sad all of the sudden.

"Y-yahh...are you okay?" Sunggyu asked. All of the sudden, Woohyun wailed and crying like a baby.

"O..oi...y..yahh..be quite! People will think I made you cry..y..yahh..." Sunggyu panickly moving around, trying to stop the younger. He even closed the younger's mouth with his palm, but the younger bit his palm.

"Ahhhhh! Auuchhh!" Sunggyu blew his own palm as he kept glancing at the younger.

"Let's go," Sunggyu said, calmly. Surprisingly, managed to calm the younger. Woohyun wiped awya his own tears and stopped sobbing, except unable to calm his hiccup.

"Uh??"

"I'll come with you. Where do you want to go?" Sunggyu knelt in front of him. Somehow, this is the first time he found Woohyun to be so adorable. 

"Forget it. Thank you for your consideration," Woohyun bowed politely and stood up. That's when Sunggyu saw his student card.

"Uh? Today?" Sunggyu held the student card and looked at the younger man. 

"Woohyun ah!" Woohyun turned around and looked at the older with pout.

"Yah! At least smile when I call you. We are one team right now, don't forget that..." Sunggyu said, earning more pout from the younger.

"So bossy. You're not even the leader," Woohyun said, making Sunggyu flustered.

"Well, as the future leader of our team, Okay, I will celebrate with you today.. "

"Celebrate what?" Woohyun asked.

"Your birthday," Sunggyi said, cooly as he showed Woohyun's student card. But what happened next was not what Sunggyu had thought.

"Ouch! You little! Come here! Aiiishhhh! Yahhh!" Sunggyu rubbed his leg where Woohyun just kicked him. Woohyun huffed and grab his student card.

"Just forget it. Why don't you just keep on practicing to be a good leader first? Your boys kept bothering me, fix them first, ok? Huh! Celebrate my ! Not with you!" Woohyun blabbering as he walked away. Leaving Sunggyu again, totally speechless. Again.

 

 

 

 

And few month passed by. Gradually, the company has finalized the group. What left was for them to practice and decide on the name. And Sunggyu has another mission. To make Woohyun acknowledged him as a leader.