Don't Cry

Protective Brothers

Myungsoo POV

I was practicing my line in the studio. I was alone anyway since the others had their own stuff to do. Since there is no one in the recording studio, I didn't really the brightest light. Only using the dimmed one. That was when I heard the noise outside the recording room.

"I don't want to!" that sounded like Namu, if I am not mistaken. So I peeked through the door and looked outside. It is Namu and our CEO hyung. 

"Just for temporary, Woohyun ah,"

"Hyung, I am a singer. Being involved with that is ruining my image as a singer.."

"It is part of promotion too. The others has their own stuff right now. If you want to have an individual job, this is it for now. It is a good chance for you to spread your social wings,"

"No hyung. I don't want to. Not this kind of thing. I don't want to be in any scandal or whatsoever. Singer don't do that. Please hyung,"

"Then what are you going to do? You will still doing nothing for a few more month before your comeback.." 

"I am still working on my songs. You said I need to prepare for my solo. I am doing it right now.." Namu pleaded. Oh great hyung. You made our Namu in the verge of crying right now. 

"If you take this offer, your chances of being bigger is big. Just like the other members..a singer also needs to sacrifice more, even his own body.. Call me if you change your mind," CEO hyung left and Namu became frozen. He suddenly change his direction towards the recording room. And I have no time to hide. Wait? Why should I hide?

"Namu," he looked shock when he opened the door. I tried to smile and closed the door behind him.

"Myungsoo, I thought you have filming today," 

"I was. But the heroin is hospitalized and the weather is not that good, so we postponed it till tomorrow. How is your songs? Any progress?" I asked in concern. 

"Myungsoo,"

"Hmm?"

"I just wanna be a singer. Is it that hard to do?" he asked, almost whispering. All of the sudden, he cried. His small fists covered his eyes as he sobbed.

"Aigoo~~ Namu. What's wrong?" I cooed him and pulled him into my embrace. Tell you what, I bet most of people know it, our Namu, when he ia crying, it is hard to stop him. Unless he is getting tired and fall asleep. But that would make him getting headache or cold the next day. 

"Shhh...it is okay...everything is okay..." I rubbed his small back. Since standing might be tiring, I pulled him to sit on my laps as I sat on the single couch in the room. The larger couch is full with Hoya and Dongwoo's stuff anyway.

"Feeling better now?" I asked when my hyung is resting his head against my shoulder, hiccuping while his small hands twirling the rope of my hoodie. I looked down and saw his tears on his cheeks.

"Really better?" I asked again as I wiped his cheeks. He nodded but no smile on his face.

"You don't have to tell me. I heard everything just now," I told him as I rubbed his smaller arms. He looked calmer. I think my rope of hoodie does help him to relax. No wonder Gyu hyung always gives him stuff before we go to the front of camera. Hoya told me Namu always got stage fright if he did nothing before it. 

"I don't want to do it. But then, I am the only person who had done nothing right now. All of you guys are doing things that people know. And I might be forgotten...again..." he saod weakly as another tears fell.

"Yah..who said that? Why would people forgot you?"

"Because I did nothing,"

"Who said so? You are our hard tree, INFINITE main core and base. We cannot have you overworking yourself most of the time, right? I know how tired you are most of the time during our concert, promotions...and even comeback. You are the most exhausted person during those time. This individual stuff is just temporary, hyung. Just temporary. We will still going back as INFINITE..."

"But CEO hyung said-"

"He is not you hyung. Our Namu, is a tree who has lot of love to give, lot of effort to show, and lot of talent. He doesn't need any scandal just for his name being known. He is more than that. You don't have to do it hyung. No, don't do it. A sincere singer won't do that. Remember you tell me this when I was involved with my scandal in our early debut? A sincere singer is honest with his feelings and self. So, I want you to do that.." I cupped his cheeks. His eyes, nose and cheeks are redden alreadt. But he does calmer than a while ago. 

"Mm.." he nodded and hugged me tighter, as if looking for comfort and protection. I hugged him back and rubbed his back. 

 

*click*

I opened my eyes and saw Sungyeol is happily smiling in front of me. I then looked at my lap and realized Namu is sleeping on my laps, with his head against my chest. 

"Yah..what a sweet pic. Should I post it? Should I not? Wonder what fans will do?" Sungyeol teased me. I ignored him and looked at the watch. So we have been sleeping for..what? Two hours? Or more. Probably more.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were shooting,"

"Finished. And you? Aren't you suppose to film something? You left early this morning,"

"Got it postpone. Did you bring your car? Should we go home right now?"

"Yah..what is with both of you? If Gyu hyung see this, you are going to listen to his lecture for a whole day. You do know how he treats Namu,"

"He was upset,"

"About?"

"CEO hyung. I will tell Gyu hyunv later. Let's go home now," I said as I carriee Namu easily.

"Wow. Your work out seemed effective," Sungyeol said in envious.

"Nahh..just a little. Namu is the lightest among us, should be no problem. Let's go.."

 

 

I did told Gyu hyung and he looked angry. He went to the kitchen where Namu is looking through out the window, looking at childrens playing in the playground. He backhugged Namu and whispered something. Soon after our CEO hyung called our house.

"Hyung, Woohyunie is not going to do it. Yup, I forbid him. That kind of stuff is not for him hyung. Trust me. If you are really wanted to help him, look for music related. Not scandal show. Yes, thank you hyung...and hyung, you did made him cried. I guess you should make up with him tomorrow. He is fine now, don't worry..."

I walked towards Namu and circled my arms around his smaller waist. I put my chin on his shoulder. Know why? Because he has this nice scent that not many people have. His shoulders is quite bony, but it is warm. 

"Wanna go meet Mrs.Kim restaurant?" I asked and smiled at his respond. It is his mother's restaurant anyway. He nodded cutely and has his smile back.