Predebut (Part 2)

Protective Brothers

Sungyeol ran into the dorm while shouting for the smaller man's name. He had a magazine in his hands as he ran around happily.

"Woohyun hyung! Woohyun hyung!" Sungyeol ran and bumped into something, but he didn't realize it at all. Sungjong widen his eyes as he looked at the smaller man whose on the floor.

"Aiishhh..yahh! Are you blind or what?" Woohyun got up and brushed his pants. He was tying up his shoes when suddenly someone bumped to him from behind. 

"Where were you?? I've been looking for you all around the house!" Sungyeol said. 

"I.was.just.right.here! You bumped to me!" Woohyun said with pout.

"Oh..really? Must be because you are too small.." Sungyeol said without feeling sorry at all. He ignored Woohyun whose puffing his cheeks in embarass and anger.

"I'm not small!"

"Whatever. See this? I'm in the magazine!" Sungyeol said happily. Listening to that, everyone in the house came out from the room and surrounding them.

 

 

The magazine was in the middle of the circle. Each of them have different kind of look at the magazine. Sungyeol looking at them impatiently and the only one whose feeling excited.

"So? So? So? Do I look handsome? I am right??"

"Though the picture is small, but yeah..you have the aura there," Dongwoo said with smile. Sunggyu smiled at Dongwoo's choice of word. 

"Just imagine if all of us being the cover of magazines in Korea!" Sungjong said happily while being daydreaming, followed by each of them.

"Do I have a chance to debut?" Woohyun asked himself,inaudible to their ears. Dongwoo saw his face and immediately knows what the younger has in his mind. 

 

 

 

(2 months before D-day)

Sunggyu get into the room that he shared with Woohyun. He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw Dongwoo sleeping Woohyun's head. As soon after he changed his shirt into pajama, he sat on his own mattress.

"Dongwoo yah, what are you doing?" Sunggyu asked,taking a book he haven't yet finish reading. Dongwoo smiled at the leader and fixed a blanket over the younger man.

"He got terrible headache. Jungryul hyung brought us home earlier,"

"Why does he always got sick? He might just pretend it, don't you think so? To escape from practice..." Sunggyu said with small pout. How can someone be that fragile? He couldn't accept it.

"I met his older brother a week ago, he brought me to their family restaurant. His brother told me, Woohyunie almost died when he was a small child. This boy is afraid of the cramped and closed room. And his immune system is not that strong compare to people of his age..." Dongwoo said in serious expression, a rare moment for Sunggyu.

"Doctor had confirmed it for me today. You can read the reportfrom the doctor there. I placed it on the table..I thought you knew it since you are his roommate,"

"It doesn't always about him, you know..."

"Yes hyung, I know. That's why he didn't come to us when he fall sick. He got nosebleed and terrible headache today while all of us are having our recording. Jungryul hyung said he had to piggyback Woohyunie because he can't walk straight. I happened to come across them, that's when I found out,"

"Aishhh..always get sick..How is he going to be an idol? We're gonna have a lot of tight and strict schedule after we debut,"

"Because he wanna debut so badly,"

"Huh?"

"He forced himself to the edge because he wanna debut badly. He wanna debut with us. Because of that, he ignored his own health. He took meds, he tooks vitamins, he exercised, but he practiced hardest for debut. Just like you, hyung. You wanna debut with us badly that you postponed your study. You keep on reading all those books, but you prefer debut with us that never once you mention about your study. It must be hard for you, isn't it?"

"I can handle it," Sunggyu said. They jerked when Woohyun turned to his side,only making blood came out from his nose.

"Hyung, can you get me tissue or handkerchief? Dongwoo said while carefully pulling Woohyun to sit,leaning his back against Dongwoo's hard chest. Sunggyu,was in shock, gave Dongwoo his own towel.

"Really?" Dongwoo looked at the towel.

"Oopss..here," Sunggyu quickly took Woohyun's towel and gave it to Dongwoo. Sunggyu watched silently as Dongwoo helping half-concious Woohyun. After making sure no more nosebleed, Dongwoo lied Woohyun back on the mattress.

"You are taking a good care of him," Sunggyu stated.

"I have no brother, hyung. Hyung, all three of us are the maknae in our family, remember? Here,I have you as my older brother, and the kids as my younger brothers, what else can I wish?" Dongwoo said happily. Sunggyu smiled and nodded. He realized, Dongwoo is right. Here, he is the oldest. Of course it is his responsibility to take care of everyone here, including Woohyun. He observed the pale tired face intently.

 

 

 

Woohyun watched carefully the way their CEO explained what would they go through once they debut, and what is the promise he makes for them. Myungsoo smiled at Woohyun, immediately knowing that Woohyun does not understand it. That's why the older became a mute all of the sudden. So Myungsoo jotted down what the CEO had said in the book. 

"Understand?" Mr.Jungyeop asked while looking at them. 

"The promise. Why don't we change it to a new dorm?" Sungyeol suggested.

"Only if you managed to get into the chart, then we can move..."

"Deal!" Sunggyu nodded. All of them were looking at the leader as if he was crazy.

"Are you crazy?" Hoya asked with wide eyes. Now they sat in the middle of practice room, sitting in a circle. Sunggyu sighed and looked at the floor.

"Actually...."

"Yes Woohyunie?"

"What is happening now?"

"Aigooo..poor boy..." each of them facepalm themselves while Woohyun pouted slightly at their reaction.

"Come with me. I'll explain," Sungyeol said as he took Woohyun hand, dragging the smaller man out from the practice room.

"3...2..." Sungjong started to count.

"Is he crazy??!!" Woohyun's voice was heard.

"1," Sungjong smiled, as if he is winning something by counting. The door opened and Woohyun sat in front of the leader.

"If you want to curse at mw, I understand. You are allowed to, but not in front of me. I am still your hyung,"

"Let's do this!"

"Huh?"