The Voice of Angel

Behind That Stage

“Ki Kwang, you don’t know how much I am thankful for it. Really.” Yu Jin emphasised as they were walking towards the office to place some application forms Yu Jin filled in for her job purposes.

 

Ki Kwang hid his hands behind his back in embarrassment while looking at Yu Jin’s delightful face and flushed, “I think you have told me that at least hundred times.”

 

“Even a thousand times do not express how grateful I am.” Yu Jin confessed and slipped in the forms into the hole of the box. She turned around to look at Ki Kwang, “Alright, I’m done. Let’s go for dinner as promised.”

 

After hearing that, Ki Kwang’s heart beat faster than usual. It was the day he finally got the courage to confess to her. Although Yu Jin insisted on treating him for the signature incident, Ki Kwang deliberately chose the venue so he could plan the event for her.

 

He prepared flowers and a gift that the waiter would hand out to her personally and he would tell her his feelings and wait for an answer.

 

He cleared his throat nervously and pointed at the washroom, “Let me relieve myself first. Wait for me here.”

 

Yu Jin nodded and leaned against the wall.

 

My Mother Mother
Oh why does it seem the tears
The most precious beautiful than anyone else
You, my, my mother

 

“That song…” Yu Jin jerked up as she heard someone’s voice singing a familiar song – in fact, one of her favourite songs.

 

There was no music accompanying the angelic and warm voice of it but the person singing it was undeniably good.

 

You cannot remember the first appearance of
Until his dying day that you remember the last scene
I do my all my heart to love

 

It was Y.S’ song – Mother. She remembered hearing it and crying herself to sleep as the song reminded her of her mother who has passed away. She remembered the song gave her strength to move on even though memories of her mother could not be forgotten.

 

Now, she was hearing the song live. She scanned the surroundings to find an isolated corner with the door slightly ajar – the recording studio. She had never come here before since it was far from her training rooms but perhaps, this was, in fact, her idol’s recording studio.

 

As she crept nearer to the room, without making a sound as not to disturb the singing, she was very sure it was Y.S’ voice. As a fan, she could recognise it right away.

 

She was already at the door. Her heart was skipping ferociously. Was it her day to actually know how Y.S looked like? Was she doing the right thing?

 

Was it really Y.S?

 

She opened her eyes and breathed in. She moved the door slightly open and peeked into the recording studio.

 

However, the man who was singing his heart out had his head turned back to her view. He had short hair and waving his hands up and down, trying to control his voice. Dying to find out, Yu Jin stepped closer and bumped onto the door.

 

She mentally cursed herself and tried to hide away. The man jolted up from his seat and turned around to see who was at the door. His voice was firm but still warm, “Who’s that?”

 

“I’m sorry. I’m just…” Yu Jin bowed after knowing she was going to be in trouble. However, she looked up to see who was standing right in front of her, “Yo Seob?”

 

Yo Seob stiffened in his recording studio and placed his hands down defeated, “Yu Jin…”

 

“Yo Seob, what are you doing here?” Yu Jin repeated his name to make sure it was him in front of her and got reminded of the singing voice a moment ago.

 

She tried to piece the parts of information she was thrown to slowly as Yo Seob was panicking, “Y.S?”

 

Not knowing what to say, Yo Seob took a small step forward before another voice was echoed.

 

“Yu Jin, why are you here?” Ki Kwang came through the door and witnessed the tense atmosphere between the two.

 

Ki Kwang looked at Yo Seob, “Ah, Yo Seob. You’re here.”

 

“Oh, Ki Kwang…” Yo Seob whispered.

 

Yu Jin looked dumbfounded and traumatised by what was happening, “What is going on?”

 

Yo Seob closed his eyes and rubbed his temple, “This is bad.”

 

Author's Note:

Song reference - Mother by Yang Yo Seob (Immortal Song 2)