Happiness

Behind That Stage

“Y.S! Y.S! Y.S! Y.S!”

 

Yu Jin flashed her smiles as she peeked outside the curtains of her window. She jumped for joy when she witnessed the huge crowds gathered outside the concert hall. They were not even sitting down to wait, they stood up eagerly and chanted Y.S’ name.

 

“Guys, look at this! It’s amazing! I have never seen such passionate fans in my life! I’m excited, aren’t you?” She turned to Ki Kwang and Yo Seob.

 

Yo Seob was checking the schedules for the concert while Ki Kwang sat down on the chair as he was getting his make-up down. Yu Jin hooked her arms with Yo Seob and looked at the schedule with him, “Looks like the line-up is perfect, don’t you think so?”

 

Nodding at her words, Yo Seob put down the schedule book and said, “Yes, I think so. Oh well, as long as Ki Kwang is okay and comfortable with it. Besides, he has rehearsed for this multiple times. He should be good at this.”

 

Yu Jin frowned and argued, “But I’m asking for your opinion.”

 

Yo Seob tilted his head in confusion, “But Ki Kwang is doing the concert, my opinion is secondary.”

 

“Ah, Yu Jin is just asking for your attention,” Ki Kwang cracked up nervously.

 

Yu Jin stuck out her tongue and continued, “You’re Ki Kwang’s manager. Of course you have to know the line-up well as well, Yo Seob!” Yu Jin hesitated and continued, “Do you want to do some warm up exercises?”

 

Yo Seob stood back slightly and asked, “What for?”

 

“Yo Seob, can you get me a cup of coffee? I’m thirsty.” Ki Kwang asked politely.

 

“Sure, I’ll be back soon,” Yo Seob walked out of the room.

 

Ki Kwang motioned Yu Jin to come over next to him. Yu Jin stood beside him and he started to pull her ear. “Ouch! It’s painful,” Yu Jin whined in pain, “Why did you pull my ear?”

 

“Don’t make it obvious for Yo Seob. It’s a surprise, remember?” Ki Kwang hissed at her.

 

Yu Jin could not keep her smile off her face, “I know but I’m so excited. It’s risky but I really want him to know right now.” After that, her smile faded a little and she placed both hands on her shoulders, “Are you sure you are okay with this?”

 

Ki Kwang touched her hand which was on his shoulder and assured her calmly, “Of course I am. I have thought of this for very long. I won’t regret it.” He gripped her hand tightly and continued, “Besides, I have my dongsaeng here with me to support me.”

 

Yu Jin froze for a few seconds and finally realised what he said. She asked again, “What did you say, Ki Kwang?” She repeated her question, “What did you say?”

 

“I said I won’t regre it.”

 

“No! After that!”

 

Ki Kwang stood up and stared at Yu Jin. He cupped her face which was turning warm and flushed with red, “I said dongsaeng. You are my dongsaeng.”

 

“Ki Kwang…” Yu Jin could not contain her happiness, “Ki Kwang…” After six months, Ki Kwang was able to understand and finally accept her as his sibling. Even though he treated Yu Jin well after knowing the truth, he had never once acknowledged Yu Jin as his sister.

 

Today, he made the decision to finally accept her as his sibling.

 

She started jumping around and hugged Ki Kwang tightly, with her legs wrapped around his waist.  “Ki Kwang Oppa! Oppa! Oppa!” She exclaimed in excitement.

 

“Yah, yah! I can’t breathe and you’re messing up my make-up and hair!” Ki Kwang found it hard to stay stable with her hovering around him.

 

Yo Seob came back and was dumbfounded to find his own girlfriend hugging Ki Kwang, “What’s going on around here? What did I miss?”

 

Yu Jin stepped down from Ki Kwang and turned to hug Yo Seob next. She explained, “Ki Kwang just called me dongsaeng! He called me dongsaeng!”

 

Yo Seob’s eyes brightened at the thought, “Really? That’s awesome!”

 

She took Yo Seob by the hand and took Ki Kwang’s as well, “Today’s going to be double happiness!”

 

“Double?” Yo Seob asked.

 

“Yu Jin! It’s time for me to go!” He signalled her to stop giving out the secret to Yo Seob.

 

She covered and shook her head, “No, no, nothing.”

 

Yo Seob looked at Ki Kwang and smiled, “Ki Kwang, it’s your first concert. Don’t be nervous and do well for it. Do well for yourself and do well for your fans.”

 

“You too. Remember you have to always be with me.”

 

Yo Seob joked, “Of course. I’m always behind the stage, singing for and supporting you.”

 

-

 

The concert started out with a bang. Since Ki Kwang’s dancing was discovered through a show, he started the concert by dancing to an English song as an introduction. The fans went crazy at his dancing and muscular biceps which were revealed through the sleeveless shirt he wore. He ended the dance number and grabbed one jacket to cover up his arms.

 

It was back to being Y.S again – no more dancing Ki Kwang.

 

He smiled and greeted the fans warmly. He took the microphone and said hi and thank you for the fans for coming. And then, it was time for him to sing the first song. He started with a cheery song which was written by Y.S himself.

 

It described about a boy having his first love and not knowing what to do on his first date. It was written according to Yo Seob’s feelings when he first went out with Yu Jin.

 

Behind the stage, Yo Seob smirked at Yu Jin as he had told Yu Jin that this song was written for her. She blushed and deliberately avoided his eyes. Ki Kwang cued that it was time for his first song. Yo Seob plucked in earphones and held the microphone as he held onto Yu Jin’s hand to prepare to sing for Ki Kwang.

 

The song ended successfully. It was another three chirpy songs before Y.S’ famous ballads were going to be sang in the concert. This was the highlight of the concert.

 

Ki Kwang sat down on the chair and started talking again, “I would like to thank every single fan for being here. Really. You guys are the most supportive and passionate fans that I have come across. For that, I don’t want to disappoint anyone of you. I’m going to sing this next song for you guys and I hope after this song, you all won’t leave the concert hall, promise?”

 

The audience laughed at him, thinking it was a joke.

 

“No, really.” Ki Kwang repeated, “Don’t leave the concert hall, okay?”

 

“Yes!” The audience agreed.

 

He smiled and turned back to look at Yu Jin who was at backstage. He gave a slight nod and Yu Jin acknowledged it.

 

He sighed and the music started.

 

“Here goes nothing!”