For Me

Behind That Stage

“Ki Kwang, are you ready?” The CEO asked him.

 

Ki Kwang’s hands were trembling like crazy and his lips were turning white. It was his first performance and variety show. He kept breathing in and out while peeking at the audience. It was filled with Y.S’ fans and he started to sweat.

 

“Really? I thought you were so confident.” Someone made a snick remark.

 

“You’re here.”

 

Ki Kwang turned around and saw Yu Jin crossing her arms and pouting at the same time. It was as if the tension was gone and they were back to normal. He was slightly confused with her light jokes and stayed silent.

 

“How could I miss your first performance?”

 

Yu Jin sighed and arranged his tie for him, “I know things have been very tough for you. Just pretend all of the audience are merely mannequins. No one is judging you. No one is making snick remarks like I do. Okay?”

 

“Mannequins? That will make me even more nervous,” Ki Kwang replied back with sarcasm.

 

Yu Jin rolled her eyes and tightened his tie, almost choking him. He let out a small whine when she did that. Yu Jin slapped his chest lightly and placed both of her hands on his shoulders, “Just relax and don’t be nervous. I know you can do well. I have faith in you.”

 

Ki Kwang gave his famous eye smile that he thought he would never give it to Yu Jin again. Yu Jin seemed more relieved and smiled back naturally, “That’s the Ki Kwang I know.”

 

“Yo Seob, are you ready?” The CEO shouted on the other end with Yo Seob holding a mike as well.

 

Yo Seob nodded and gave an okay sign. Ki Kwang felt a slight guilt when he spotted Yo Seob with a microphone – hiding at the back of the corner.

 

“Hey, don’t be distracted,” Yu Jin tilted his head back, “Hwaiting.”

 

Yu Jin was about to go backstage and wait at the waiting room but Ki Kwang held her hand back, “Yu Jin.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I’m sorry that I cannot accept you as my…” Ki Kwang’s words faded but Yu Jin knew exactly what he was trying to say. Ki Kwang continued, “But you will always, always be my good friend. Can we at least maintain that relationship?”

 

Yu Jin looked at his trembling hand and cupped it for warmth, “Of course, Ki Kwang. Always a good friend.”

 

“It’s time, Ki Kwang.” One of the staffs called him over.

 

He grinned and nodded thanks to her. Suddenly, his nervousness and anxiety were wiped off in an instant.

 

Ki Kwang stood in the middle of the stage after the host introduced him. He held the microphone to his lips and was feeling a little worried. What if Yo Seob decided to betray and not sing? Would he embarrass me by not singing and leave me here all alone without a ‘voice’?

 

The song started. He waited for the music until it was his turn to sing. The song was Yo Seob’s latest composed song for Y.S’ new album.

 

Look at me huiya
You said you like me
You do not want even say
I know how you feel

 

He sighed with relief. Yo Seob’s voice was heard at the stage – crisp and clear. Y.S definitely did not disappoint. With just the first verse being sang, the audience was cheering loudly before going back to silence in order to fully appreciate the soothing voice.

 

If I say I love you
My heart aches afraid
Back saying I hate crying
You look so sad



In the wet, white face
Your appearance is getting cold
Every night in my dreams remain
I still dreamin '



Look at me huiya
You said you like me
You do not want even say
I know how you feel

 

The song ended and Ki Kwang’s lips matched to Yo Seob’s singing perfectly. They had practised this several times over the weekend before the show and there was no doubt that Ki Kwang seemed like he sang it live.

 

Suddenly, the audience stood up. He had a standing ovation. Ki Kwang was in awe. It was his first performance and he saw the audience stood up with so much admiration for the performance. Ki Kwang started to grin and the corner of his lips started to curve up. He finally smiled with ease and bowed.

 

Yo Seob was at the back, giving glances at the audience and hearing the audience’s loud cheers and claps with Yu Jin. He gulped and smiled slightly. He did not know how to feel. It was the first time seeing how his singing and songs were being received live. He sang everything live which he did not do before. Having such great reponse gave him great satisfaction and pleasure.

 

Yu Jin looked at him proudly and laid on his shoulder, “This standing ovation is for you, Yo Seob.”

 

“Yes, it is,” His eyes were filled with tears, “They are for me.”

-

 

Author's Note:

This is the song I have put into this chapter. :)