Chapter 12

Fantasic Randomness

Miki arrived at the practice room at 4:30am. Miki flicked on the lights and nearly jumped out of her skin.

"Oh, you're here." Donghae yawned as he got up off the couch.
"Hello," Miki bowed. "What are you doing here in the dark?"
"I was waiting for you and I must have fell asleep and someone turned off the lights." Donghae replied.
"Oh," Miki put her bag down and sat down. "So why did you want to see me?"
"I was actually looking all over for you." Donghae replied.

Miki gave him the "what are you talking about" look. Donghaw picked up on that look and went to his bag.

"See." Donghae gave you a folder.

Miki opened up the folder. Miki read the papers inside.

Participants List: Private Fan Meeting August....

"What's this for?" Miki asked.
"You were there right? The y dancer that was dancing with Eunhyuk the whole night. You were also in my talk group by weren't really paying attention to me." Donghae sat down by Miki. "I remember your dancing style."
"Oh, yeah that was me. Sorry about group thing." Miki sheepishly apologized.
"No worries. I would be like that too. It's boring to listen to one person talk. It's more fun to have an actual conversation with an actual conversation." Donghae said then thought about what he had just said. "That didn't make sense did it?"
"I get what you mean." Miki laughed. "So, umm, why did you want to find me?"
"I wanted you to be my dance partner." Donghae replied. "I really liked your style of dance. I was a bit jealous you only danced with Eunhyuk that night." Donghae said honestly.
"I wish you would have told me that that night. Then I wouldn't have problems right now." Miki mumbled.
"What problems?" Donghae asked.
"Nothing." Miki replied. "So you wanted me to be your dance partner?" Miki changed the topic.
"Could you please?" Donghae gave Miki a smile to die for.
"Eunhyuk asked me already though." Miki replied.
"He did? Did he remember you or something?" Donghae asked.
"No..." Miki mumbled.
"Oh... well you can be my partner too. You know learn both numbers. I'm sure the choreographer won't mind." Donghae said.
"Okay sure. I can do that." Miki smiled.

Just then Eunhyuk and the choreographer came inside the room.

"Oh, Donghae. What are you doing here? You don't have practice today." The Choreographer told Donghae.
"I came to ask Miki to be my dance partner and to practice with her." Donghae replied.
"She already agreed to be my partner though." Eunhyuk replied a bit jealously.
"She can do both dances right?" Donghae asked the choreographer.
"Sure she can, if she's up to it." The choreographer replied. "She has a lot of numbers to learn, so if she's up for the challenge she can."
"I don't mind." Miki replied.
"Good." The choreographer smiled. "Since it's only us four today start stretching while I get ready."

The choreographer went to get the music ready while Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Miki went to the center of the floor to stretch.

 

Muffy was sitting in the play room playing with toy cars with Beni as there were no customers in the shop at the moment.
Aya was having fun flipping the pages of a little book about a puppy.

"Oops! A car crash!!" Muffy exclaimed as her little car collided with Beni's car.
Beni made his car fly in the air because of the crash. "Oof!!" the car landed on the floor.
"Now it's angry!!" Beni exclaimed and started chasing Muffy's car.
"Oh no, we must get away fast before Beni's angry car gets me!!" Muffy exclaimed and started crawling away with her car.

She was so into playing with her son that she didn't notice a customer came into the shop.
"Noo.... !!!" Muffy yelled when Beni's car caught her's. Beni giggled.

"Excuse me." suddenly they heard a male voice. Muffy gasped and looked up, she saw the same customer from the morning. She looked at Beni and patted his shoulder. "Just a moment Beni.. take care of Aya okay?"

Muffy got up from the floor and walked out the play room.
"Sorry about that, I did not notice anyone coming." Muffy apologized.
The man just cleared his throat a bit.

Muffy looked at the man, he really looked so familiar even though she could not say surely as the sunglasses were covering his eyes. This time he was carrying a guitar case with him too.

"So, my photos.." the man said.
"Yes. Just a moment." Muffy went to take the photos from another room. They had been mostly just photos of some sceneries.

Beni was standing by the doorframe looking at the man curiously. Especially now that he noticed the guitar case.
When Muffy searched for his photos, Beni suddenly ran to the man. He touched the guitar case and smiled.

The man looked at Beni. "Do you know what is inside?" he asked.
"Guitar!!!" Beni smiled widely.
"Wow, how could you know?! Smart kid!" the man said.
"Appa plays the guitar and sings." Beni said proudly.
"Your appa?" the man crouched down.
"Mmm." Beni nodded.

"Must be a cool appa then." the man smiled.
"Want to see the guitar?"
"Mmm." Beni nodded again.

The man took his sunglasses off and put into his pocket then started opening the case.
Beni stared at the man's face, a smile spread on his face when he recognized the face.
"APPA!!!!" Beni exclaimed and grabbed the man's arm.

Just then Muffy walked back there. She saw Beni with the man, and the man without his sunglasses. Her eyes widened. It really is Yonghwa!!! It is him!

"I'm not your appa." Yonghwa frowned looking at Beni.
Beni looked at Yonghwa in confusion.

Muffy walked to Beni and grabbed his hand. "Beni, I must talk with him for a moment, go play with Aya hm?" she said.
"It's appa." Beni pointed. "Appa did you get my letter?"

"Letter? Kid, i'm really not your daddy." Yonghwa said.
"Let's go." Muffy took Beni back to the play room and after some protesting Beni stayed in the playroom but still was watching Yonghwa from the doorframe.

Muffy took a deep breath and walked back to Yonghwa. She handed him the package with his pictures.

"Here you go." Muffy said.
"Thanks." Yonghwa said, put the package in his bag and closed the guitar case he had just opened.

"And.. before you go... I want to talk with you for a moment." Muffy said.
"Talk? About what?" Yonghwa asked.
"You are Jung Yonghwa from CN BLUE right? I wan't mistaken this morning." Muffy said.
Yonghwa looked away. "Uhh.. yes I am but I really I don't have much time now. Can I just pay for the photos now."

"What my son just told you, calling you appa. It is true, you are his appa." Muffy said.
"What? What are you saying?" Yonghwa looked at her weirdly.

"You really don't remember me?" Muffy asked.
Yonghwa stared at him. "No. I have many fans, sorry."
"And if you tried to get my attention by using that little kid and making him call me appa, it's not working. I'm sorry but please, I just want to buy the photos now."

"I'm not a fan.... anymore. But you really do not remember, my name is Muffy, I attended a fanmeeting about five years ago. You, you had with me there." Muffy bit her lip.
"What the hell? I never had with fans." Yonghwa denied. She must be some delusional fan or an antifan??


"You did, even though you deny it now. You did, it was at a club at the end of the fanmeeting... and because of that I became pregnant and got a son, that is my Beni that just called you appa. I have been trying to contact you for years but you always ignored me.. always. " Muffy continued, she wanted him to hear everything right here, right now, when she finally saw him.

"I don't know what you are saying but it's impossible that I would have a kid. It's impossible." he took his wallet and put some money on the counter. "Here keep the rest.."

"Beni sent you a drawing to your fanmail address. You will check that out right?" Muffy exclaimed when Yonghwa just rushed out the door.

Yonghwa let out a sigh. All kinds of crazy es in this world. I never imagined to meet one in a random shop though. Wait... the kid's name.. it was Beni... why does it sound familiar... and what was the girls name? Muffy? Aish whatever.... crazy fans are crazy!

Beni's name sounded familiar to Yonghwa because of the many fanmails where Muffy had mentioned about Beni to him.

 

The sun was beginning to set and Miki was still learning the dances. They were currently on a short water break. Miki noticed the time and thought of Aya.

"What time are we finishing?" Miki asked.
"Maybe around midnight since we don't have practice tomorrow afternoon." The choreographer replied. "Why? Do you have something to do?"

Miki thought about Aya. She didn't want to leave Aya with Muffy since she didn't want to bother Muffy too much. She also didn't want to leave Aya for so long especially at night since Aya was really fussy at night without her.

"Actually I do. Would you mind if I disappear for an hour and come back?" Miki asked.
"I suppose you could. I can discuss with the boys with solo dances during that time." The choreographer replied.
"Thanks. I'll be back quickly." Miki grabbed her bag then ran out of the door.

Miki arrived at the store just as Muffy was locking up.

"Hey." Miki waved. "Thanks for baby sitting." She took the stroller from Muffy.
"No problem. How was rehearsal?" Muffy asked.
"It was tiring." Miki replied. "But I'll live."
"Guess what? Today Yonghwa came to the shop." Muffy told Miki.
"He did? Did he remember you?" Miki asked.
Muffy frowned. "No. He accused me of being one of those crazy fangirls. He doesn't even remember sleeping with me."

Miki frowned. She didn't know what to say to Muffy. Miki just hugged Muffy.

"I'm sure things will turn around." Miki tried to cheer her up. "You might find a better guy... Minhyuk?" Miki joked.
"No, Hongki." Muffy joked with her not wanting to feel depressed.
"Maybe even Jaejoong. I heard he's good with kids." Miki continued.
"Nah, Woohyun's better." Muffy replied.
"How's Woohyun better than Jaejoong?" Miki asked slightly offended since she was a big Jaejoong fan.
"In many ways my dear." Muffy replied since she was a big Woohyun fan.

Miki stared at Muffy and Muffy stared back with challenging eyes until they both burst into laughter.

"Well I need to go somewhere so I'll catch you guys later." Miki waved at Muffy and Beni.
"Bye!" Aya waved also.
"Bye." Muffy and Beni waved back.

Miki got some bento dinner for Aya at the convenience store near the shop before going back to SM Entertainment.

Miki and Aya arrived at the practice room. Eunhyuk and Donghae were practicing their Oppa Oppa dance they didn't notice Miki. Miki set up a small blanket on the floor and placed Aya's things down. Only when the dance was done did they notice Miki.

"Miki who's this?" Donghae was the first one to run to Aya after the dance.
"This is Aya. My baby girl." Miki replied.
"Can I take her out?" Donghae asked. Miki nodded. "Omo, she's so cute. How old is she?"
"Two years old." Miki replied.
"I didn't know you were married." Eunhyuk came by Aya.
"I'm not." Miki replied.
"Engaged?" Donghae asked.
"Nope." Miki replied.

The choreographer came by Aya and waved to her.

"She kind of looks like Eunhyuk. Don't you think?" The choreographer asked Donghae.
"She kind of does now that you mention it. Aya looks like Hyukkie a lot." Donghae glanced at Eunhyuk and Aya.
"Did you have a kid?" Donghae joked.
"No. I wish I did." Eunhyuk replied.

Miki looked to the side. You're staring at her.

"So where's her daddy?" Eunhyuk asked. "Shouldn't he be babysitting since you're here?"
You're her daddy. Miki wanted to tell him. "He's out of the picture. He refuses to acknowledge her and doesn't believe that she's his kid."
"Ugh, people like him make the male population look bad." Eunhyuk commented.

Miki cleared at that remark by Eunhyuk.

"If he doesn't believe you you should get a paternity test." The choreographer suggested.
"Paternity test?" Miki thought about the idea. The paternity test idea actually never crossed her mind.
"Yeah. If it's positive you can register the guy as her dad and he'll have to pay child support." The choreographer explained.

 

"Mommy, why did appa go away? He didn't show me guitar..." Beni asked when he and Muffy just arrived home.
"Well... he was busy." Muffy told him and took his little shoes off.

"Why is he always busy?" Beni frowned feeling really disappointed.
Muffy didn't know what to say.

"Let's go to the living room. Your favorite show is just on now." Muffy said and walked to the living room. Beni ran after her.

They both sat down on the couch side by side while Muffy opened the TV.
"I wanted to see appa's guitar.." Beni said silently not even paying attention on the TV like he usually would.

Muffy looked at Beni and pulled him closer to herself. "Maybe some other time you can see it.." she said.
"Why did appa say that he isn't my appa? Does he hate me?" Beni frowned.

"Baby of course he doesn't hate you!!! He is just, a bit slow to understand what is special." Muffy said hugging her son.

Just then Muffy's phone started ringing. Muffy stared at the screen that had an unknown number calling "Hello." she answered wearily.

"Hello? Is this Muffy?" a strange male voice asked.
"Yes. Who is this?" Muffy asked.
"Oh, I am Kang Minhyuk, from CN BLUE." the man introduced

"What? Is this a prank call?" Muffy asked suspiciously.
"No, no. I really am him. Please don't hang up. You are a mother of a kid... called Beni right?" Minhyuk asked.
"Why would you ask?" Muffy still felt suspicious and not sure if the caller really was Minhyuk, though his voice somehow sounded familiar.

"I've been wondering. You have been sending letters to our fanmail address for Yonghwa where you were telling about your son a lot. Yonghwa, he doesn't always read his fanmail but I happened to read a few of his letters, he gave me a permission so don't think that I read those without permission. But anyway, you are saying that your son is Yonghwa's son right?" Minhyuk asked.

"Yes, he is." Muffy replied.
"Occasionally we talked about this actually, about Yonghwa having a kid. But he always says he didn't do anything with fans and it became just like a joke.. but i've seen your letters about your son for years now.. I became to wonder.... but... you won't tell about this to anyone right?" Minhyuk asked.
"I won't, go ahead and speak." Muffy said.

"Well.. you know there was this one time long ago... there was this one fanmeeting and after the meeting Yonghwa came to the dorm kinda drunk.. and he was boasting about sleeping with some girl there.... so I really grew curious now that what if he really has a kid." Minhyuk said. "And I heard from him that today he met some crazy fan who had a kid that called him his appa.. and it was you right?"

"Yes.. that was me and my son." Muffy said.
"But actually I really, I wish that you could come meet me someday.. or our whole band with your son. I really grew curious about this, this doesn't seem like a lie at all to me.. even though for Yonghwa it does." Minhyuk said.

"But how did you get my number?" Muffy asked surprised.
"Oh, there was this one letter where was your phone number too. You were wishing for Yonghwa to contact you so I found it that way." Minhyuk said.

"Oh..." Muffy said.
"So.. could you meet us someday?" Minhyuk asked. "I'm sorry to be calling you suddenly like this though.."
"It's okay. Yes, sure I can meet. But you surely are from CN BLUE right?" Muffy asked.
"I am. I can guarantee that. Then how about, tomorrow?? In the evening? In our company? We will be around all day, so you can search for us from there." Minhyuk said.
"Okay, tomorrow. I'll find a time to come there after work." Muffy said.
"Great. I'm sorry again to be calling you so randomly but I really grew curious." Minhyuk said.

"It's alright. Bye." Muffy said.
"Bye." Minhyuk said ending the phone call.

Muffy stared at the TV screen, still not quite getting that she had just talked about all this, about Beni on the phone with Minhyuk.
This might lead to something.. maybe.. wow I never expected that. So Yonghwa didn't read much of my letters but Minhyuk instead?? Should I really go there tomorrow? Maybe Yonghwa will see me and chase me away as a crazy fan again... no.. I really should go, I might not get a chance like this again. Maybe Yonghwa might finally acknowledge that he is Beni's father..

Muffy glanced at Beni who had fell asleep leaning on her. "We may meet your appa again tomorrow Beni baby." she whispered.

 

Aya played with Eunhyuk and Donghae as Miki practiced with the choreographer. When midnight came around Miki finally finished rehearsal. She looked at Aya who had fallen asleep on Eunhyuk's lap and Eunhyuk had fallen asleep also.

Donghae was snapping pictures of the two. "Can I post this on twitter?" He asked.
"Umm..." Miki thought about it. She really is Eunhyuk's daughter so it would be bad to show her face just in case anything happens. "Only if you cover or blur out her face."
"I'll do that." Donghae nodded.

Donghae fumbled with his phone while Miki took a picture of Aya and Eunhyuk on her phone.

"Done." Donghae showed Miki the picture with Aya's face blurred out with a heart. "Can I upload it now?"
"Sure." Miki replied.
"But I'll be showing the real deal to the other members. I think they'll find it cute and tease Eunhyuk about looking like Aya." Donghae told Miki.
"Okay." Miki replied.

Miki took Aya out of Eunhyuk's lap and Eunhyuk woke up.

"Sorry." Miki apologized to Eunhyuk.
"It's okay." Eunhyuk stretched. "Are you done?"
"I am. We're going to head home now." Miki replied.
"Do you need a ride?" Eunhyuk asked.
"If you don't mind. I don't have a car." Miki replied.
"I'll take you home." Eunhyuk got up and grabbed his things.

Donghae handed Miki Aya's belongings and Miki hung the bag on the stroller. Eunhyuk took Aya and Miki home. The car ride was fairly silent, except for Eunhyuk's questions and Miki's answers.

Paternity test. I think that might sound like a good idea.