Chapter 44

Fantasic Randomness

Everyone was eating dinner at the Infinite dorm that night. Sungjong was the first one to get up the table, he had barely eaten anything.

All the other boys were so into their conversations to notice anything different in their maknae. Myungsoo was the only one who noticed.
Myungsoo had found some more strange photos from under Sungjong's bed as he had been searching for his missing manga book.

He watched how Sungjong again just wen into his room closing the door. Myungsoo waited for a few more minutes then got up the table too. He walked to Sungjong's room too.

Myungsoo opened the door carefully and saw Sungjong sitting on his bed looking really gloomy. Myungsoo closed the door and sat beside Sungjong.
"Not hungry? You didn't even eat much.." Myungsoo asked. Sungjong glanced at Myungsoo without saying anything.
"But Sungjonggie, there is something I'd like to ask."

"What?" Sungjong asked.
"Do you like Muffy?" Myungsoo asked bluntly.

Sungjong froze and he immediately looked away. "What?? Of course not ... why would I like her?? She is dating Woohyun and all.. what even made you think something like that. No I don't!!"

From Sungjong's reaction it was easy to notice that he was lying.

"You like her don't you?" Myungsoo asked again.
"I already said no!" Sungjong exclaimed. He was shocked. How can he know? I never told anyone? Why does he know? What can I do now? Is he going to tell Woohyun?

"Umm... but I saw some pictures." Myungsoo frowned.
Sungjong's eyes widened. "What pictures??!!"
"Well, I didn't do it on purpose but I saw some pictures where you had covered Woohyun out the pic where Muffy was at. I don't think you'd do something like that if you didn't like her." Myungsoo told him.

Sungjong gulped. He didn't know what to do or what to say. He really had no good excuse for that.
Myungsoo seriously looked at Sungjong. "I'm not going to tell Woohyun so don't worry about that. But, please think about it.. Woohyun, he really has never loved anyone like he loves Muffy, can't you remember him talking about his past relationships and how things are different with Muffy. He even asked her to get married with him didn't he? He is very serious with her. So Sungjong... even though it is very hard to just push aside feelings like that, please try. Please just try for Woohyun. What if he finds these photos, just imagine how sad he would become, it could ruin your whole relationship with him. Do you want that to happen? You are still young, there are many girls out there that are dying to date you, there's so many girls so why would you chase after your hyung's girlfriend?"

Sungjong was playing with his fingers, he had tears in his eyes as he was listening to Myungsoo's words.
"But.."

"It might hurt but just try. You and Woohyun are like brothers right? Like all of us in Infinite are. Things are good now, you will find someone too. Just please try to forget about Muffy even if you like her, I don't want to see your friendship with Woohyun falling apart because of this." Myungsoo patted Sungjong's shoulder gently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Muffy felt a tap on her shoulder, that little tap soon turned into someone shaking her violently. She slowly got back her conciousness and looked up.
"Get up!" a young man exclaimed. He kept glancing back anxiously.

"They are going to catch us if you don't get up!"

Muffy slowly tried to get up but her leg was hurt so she almost right away got back down.
The young man couldn't wait anymore but suddenly took a grip of her and lifted her up on his arms.
"Let's go."

The young man ran up the hill in front of them with Muffy on his arms. Muffy glanced back and could hear how a crowd of people were approaching them with fast speed.

"They are going to kill are aren't they?" Muffy silently said. The young man kissed her head as he carried her. "Whatever happens, I just want you to know that I love you. And if we really end up getting killed, I promise you that if there is a next life for us, I will make this all up to you then. I promise you."

"How do you know I want to still meet you in my next life?" Muffy tried to joke even though she was already almost crying.

"I'll come find you, you don't have to worry about that. You will have to suffer some more because of my handsome face.." the young man chuckled.
"But what if your name is different?" Muffy asked. The young man stopped running for a while and let Muffy down to gather his strenght.

"No. It won't be different. I will still be called Si Yoon. Yoon Si Yoon. Although I'm not that fond of my name but I want you to be able to find me." the young man smiled a little bit.
"Yoon Si Yoon." Muffy silently repeated his name.
"But you really might have a different name... who knows you might be reincarnate as a frog too?"

"Then I will be a frog called Yoon Siyoon. " Siyoon chuckled a little bit. They were both trying to make their fear disappear by talking about all that. They both were terrified.

"You think you can walk now?" Siyoon asked Muffy.

"Yes! I can walk very well thank you." all of a sudden a low male voice interrupted them. Siyoon and Muffy both gasped and moved closer to each other. Before they knew it from the woods a huge amount of people started approaching them. They were trapped in seconds.

They had no weapons, people were surrounding them and all that was behind them was a very steep cliff that a had a long way down.
"You two. This is your end." the man looked at the couple victoriously.
"You do know of your crimes don't you?"

Siyoon snorted. "I do! You people claim that we are the reason that your entire family was cursed! Sure think whatever you want to think, kill us if you want to but we will never, ever bow down in front of that man! " he glared at a man who was sitting on his horse.

"You should do so now when we are still asking politely." the man glared at Siyoon.

Siyoon spat down and held Muffy's hand. Slowly he started taking steps back towards the edge of the cliff. Muffy's heart started beating like crazy out of fear. Siyoon looked at Muffy and held her hand tighter, his heart too was beating like crazy as they slowly were approaching the edge.

"Don't you dare jump!" the man roared. Siyoon snorted. "You think I wouldn't dare?"

"If you dare jump we will..."

"You will what? There's absolutely nothing you could do if we jumped... we would take everything you want. " Siyoon chuckled and shaked the little necklace that was around his neck. "You want this right? She has the other one." he pointed at Muffy.

"Miki! You catch the girl!" a man ordered a girl on the side. "I'll take the man."
Miki took out her sword and started approaching Muffy and Siyoon while the man started approaching Siyoon.
Muffy and Siyoon had almost reached the edge of the cliff. There wasn't much time.

Siyoon looked at Muffy and gave kiss on her cheek. "I'm so sorry." he whispered.
"I am too." Muffy whispered too as tears were rolling down her cheeks.

Siyoon nodded his head a little bit, Muffy hesitated for a moment but then nodded her head also. Their pride was much greater than their fear of death, they didn't want to get cuaght by these people.

They jumped.

--

400 years later.

A young woman was walking around a music shop, she was searching for some CDs.
"Is there something you are looking for?" a man asked her.

"Oh, i'm just looking around." the young woman answered. She looked at the man who was smiling at her as he turned around.

She turned back to look at the CDs but suddenly got a strange feeling, in the man that had just smiled at her, there was something familiar. She didn't know how to explain it but she felt as if she had seen him somewhere before.

"Muffy let's go!" her friend called her from the other side of the store.
"Okay.." she exclaimed. Before she ran out of the shop she took one last glance at the man she had just seen.

I could swear I have seen him somewhere before.. is he like some old classmate of mine that I can't remember or did I meet him at some concert or other event?

"Oops!" all of a sudden Muffy bumped into a girl and a guy. She bowed and ran away, following her friend.

"Miki." the guy said to the girl whom Muffy had just bumped into.
"What?" Miki asked.
"Have we met that girl somewhere before?" the guy asked.

Miki frowned and glanced back at the girl who was running away. "I don't think so..."

 

"Let's go." Miki pulled the man beside her. "We're late."

Miki and the man walked to the counter. Behind the counter was a middle aged man. He was clearing away packages on the counter.

The man noticed his customers. "How can I help- Kris, Miki..." He trembled. "It's in the back. Follow me."
"No funny business." The man beside Miki, Kris, flashed his gun.

The clerk gulped. He led Miki and Kris to the back of the store.

"Here's the information." The clerk held out a briefcase.
"Open it." Kris ordered.

The clerk did as he was told. Miki checked the contents.

"It's good." Miki closed the case and took it from the clerk.
"Nice doing business with you." Kris smirked.

Miki and Kris exited the CD shop. As soon as they stepped out of the building people looked at them.

"Look at them. Their clothes, their vehicles. They're not from around here. They must be spies from the government." An elder woman whispered.
"They have weapons. They must be up to no good. Don't make eye contact or they'll kill you." A man pulled his young daughter away.

The citizens were right. Kris and Miki stood out everywhere they went. They were dressed differently, with clean clothes that were suitable for battle. They were armed with weapons, and rode vehicles that the average citizen couldn't afford.

Kris and Miki were different. They didn't live in the run down cities, nor were they barely scrapping through life like the rest of the people. They had more luxury than the average citizen, able to afford things that the citizens could not. They had more privileges. They were soldiers.

"Look at their arms! They have the markings on their arms!" A woman exclaimed.
"Get out of here you demons!" A few brave men shouted at them. "Go find another place to destroy!"

Kris and Miki ignored the people. They got on to their bikes and sped off leaving a cloud of dirt behind them.

-----------

"I hate this place." Kris said as he looked out of the window of his apartment.

Outside all Kris could see was the remnants and ruins of the once beautiful place called Seoul. Everything outside was rundown and old. It was turning into a dump. People didn't care about anyone other than themselves. They'd mob, fight, and kill each other for their own survival. There was no place safe, except for one city, Capital.

Capital was the only place in Korea where everything was well kept and police monitored the streets. Capital was a place for the rich. A place for the government to run their business. Only those people who worked for the government were allowed inside the city. All others were subject to a background check before entering and only allowed a few hours in the city for official business.

"I thought you loved it?" Zico, Kris's roommate asked.
"I do." Kris replied. "I meant I hate that this place has so much rules. I feel restricted."
"Don't we all." Zico replied. "It's too bad soldiers are forced to stay in Capital. But I think if we were allowed to live out of this place most of the soldiers would abuse their power and go power hungry on the streets."
"And you'd be one of them?" Kris eyed Zico.
"Of course not." Zico replied. "I'm well trained."
"Right." Kris rolled his eyes.

Suddenly the announcement bell rang through the speakers. Kris and Zico lived in an apartment for soldiers so they all has speakers in their rooms for announcements from their headquarters.

"Attention please. Zico, Kris, and Miki report to the main office immediately. Thank you." The announcement ended.

"Well baby let's go." Zico jumped up from his bed.

----------------------

Zico, Kris, and Miki were standing in the center of a large room. Surrounding them was a bunch of tables with their officials sitting behind them.

"The reason we've called you here is because we've gotten a request from the president to release you from your duties." The head chief informed. "You'll no longer be working for us here. Instead you'll be working directly for the president. Pack your bags. You'll be staying at the president's estate from now on. You'll meet him there."