Chapter 5

Fantasic Randomness

After the royal family ate breakfast the workers went to eat theirs in shifts. Muffy, Miki, Dongwoo, Sungjong, and Sungyeol headed over to the kitchen with a few other servants.

"And then BAM Miki banged head with a guard." Sungjong told everyone about Miki's encounter with Myungsoo as they walked to the kitchen.
"Really? You banged heads with a guard?" Dongwoo asked in disbelief. "I wanted to see that then I would have something to tease you about for the whole day."
"Thanks Dongwoo." Miki rolled her eyes.

Sungyeol opened the door to the kitchen for everyone to enter. Inside Hoya, Myungsoo, and Sunggyu as well as a few other guards were eating breakfast.

The servants bowed to the guards before going straight to get their food. Myungsoo's eyes went straight to Sungyeol and Miki. Sungyeol was handing Miki a plate and Miki was laughing. Sungyeol handed plates to Sungjong, Dongwoo, and Muffy as well. He then start putting food on Miki's plate. Myungsoo was burning with jealousy and curiosity.

"Hey, your food's getting cold." Hoya tapped Myungsoo's shoulder.
Myungsoo shook his head. "Right. Eat." Myungsoo began to slowly eat his food as he watched Miki.

Muffy watched Myungsoo watching Miki. She laughed inside her mind. Myungsoo is so in love with her. He's like stalking her.

Hoya finished eating before the rest of the guards. He stood stood up and yawned. Sungyeol, who was watching Hoya, got the secret hint.

"Guys, I'm going back first. I need to sleep because I've got the night shift tonight." Hoya told the guards.
"Alright. Good night." Sunggyu smiled.

Hoya went over to put his plate away then went outside.

Sungyeol whispered to Miki. "Hurry up and finish Hoya's waiting outside."
"You !" Miki exclaimed slapping his shoulder. "Fine. I'll help you, so hurry up and eat."

Miki and Sungyeol quickly finished eating way ahead of everyone else.

"Guys, Sungyeol and I are going first. Sungyeol needs help with his laundry, so I'm going to help him." Miki told everyone.
"Okay. Just make sure he does his own boxers. It's all brown and nasty." Dongwoo teased.

"Yah! That's yours not mine!" Sungyeol exclaimed.
"Alright brown Sungyeol let's go." Miki pushed Sungyeol out of the kitchen.

Myungsoo spotted Miki and Sungyeol leaving together. He was really curious about their relationship, so he decided to follow them.

"Guys I'm going too. My shift's about to start." Myungsoo told the guards and followed Sungyeol and Miki outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sungyeol and Miki met up with Hoya near the servants quarters.

"Hoya!" Miki ran up to Hoya and quickly hugged him. "You cried too. Are you okay?"
"I'm better." Hoya replied. "Anyways, business."

Miki and Sungyeol straightened up.

"Have either of you heard about the Servant's Conference on Friday?" Hoya asked.
"A little, my seniors were talking about it." Miki replied.
"Don't go. That's when we're planning to attack." Hoya told Miki. "Nothing's final yet, but that's the date for now. You only have 5 more days, so get ready."
"Okay." Sungyeol replied.

Myungsoo turned the corner and spotted the three. He quickly hid behind the corner. Myungsoo had been searching for Miki and Seungyeol after they had left the kitchen. Miki and Sungyeol used secret passages and different routes to loose any followers, so Myungsoo had to find them the hard way. Myungsoo pressed his body against the wall as close as he could to hear their conversation.

Hoya, Miki, and Sungyeol exchanged glanced. Hoya nodded and was about to leave, but Miki grabbed his arm.

"That guard, Sir Myungsoo," Miki started. "Do you know him?"

Myungsoo's heart began to beat faster at the sound of his name. His lips formed a smile.

"Myungsoo, he's my friend why?" Hoya asked.
So Sir Myungsoo is Hoya's friend? Let's hope there is more than 1 Myungsoo in the guard or my revenge may get tricky. "Is he the only Myungsoo in the guards?" Miki asked.
"Why do you want to know that?" Hoya asked confused by the awkward question.
"This guard named Myungsoo saved my life yesterday. I thought the guard today was the right Myungsoo, but I'm not too sure. I wanted to know if I met the right Myungsoo today or not." Miki replied, hoping Hoya wouldn't notice any flaws in her reply.
Hoya eyed Miki strangely. "There's only one Myungsoo in the guards. His name is Kim Myungsoo, which means he is the one that saved your life yesterday and you met him again today."

Miki's eyes widened. Sungyeol's eyes widened as well. Hoya looked at his siblings weirdly.

"Okay? What's with the eyes?" Hoya asked.
"Nothing!" Miki replied.

Hoya knew Miki all too well that he knew she was hiding something. Hoya looked at Sungyeol. Sungyeol shook his hands and made an 'X' with them.

"You told her about Kim Myungsoo didn't you." Hoya looked at Sungyeol.

Sungyeol nodded his head.

Hoya sighed. "Myungsoo's a good guy. Okay." Hoya pet Miki's hair. "He's proven it saving your life. Don't hurt my friends okay. Him and Sunggyu. Don't hurt them." Hoya hugged Miki.

Myungsoo was thrilled that Miki was talking about him, but was now more confused. Hoya was hugging Miki, while praising him, and that Sungyeol was letting Hoya hug Miki. Wait, I thought Hoya and Miki broke up, and she got together with that guy, but now he's letting her hug Hoya? What's going on? Why is Hoya praising me while hugging her? Wait a minute, hurt? Why is Miki going to hurt me and Sunggyu? Myungsoo listened more.

"Whatever you do is up to you, just leave those two be okay." Hoya told Miki and Sungyeol.
"Okay." Miki replied, but she was unsure of what to do.
"Look I need to go now. I'm tired, so talk another time." Hoya kissed Miki's forehead.

Miki silently nodded.

"Oh, one more thing." Hoya walked up to Miki and Sungyeol. He whispered. "Your friend Muffy and Myungsoo traded notes. I want you to find out what that note was and let me know. I know you want to kill Myungsoo for being part of the group that attacked our village, but I forbid you to kill him. If that note is any threat to you, me, Sungyeol, or our plans to attack the King, that is the only time I give you permission to kill him, but then you must kill your friend as well since she read the note."

Hoya walked away. Miki stared at Hoya's back.

"What are you going to do?" Sungyeol asked.
"Work." Miki replied. "That's my job right."

Miki left to go do her jobs, servant to the royal family, and find out what was in that note Myungsoo gave Muffy.

"Yah! Wait for me!" Sungyeol ran up to Miki and slung his arm around her shoulder.

Myungsoo appeared from behind the corner. So why should Sunggyu and I get hurt? Are these three hiding something? I should get Muffy to investigate these two, while I'll investigate Hoya. If they are normal workers, why would Sunggyu and I get hurt?

 

Muffy was just coming from the queen's room when she saw Miki and Sungyeol walking together.
"Where are you going?" Muffy asked. "There's some help they need in the kitchen, i'm going to help out.." Miki told Muffy.

"I've got to help the prince with something now actually. See you around." Sungyeol said walking away.

"I'm going to wash some laundry." Muffy said and passed Miki. "Oh, just a moment Muffy!" Miki exclaimed. Muffy stopped and turned around.

"Do you happen to be close with some of the guards here?" Miki asked.
Muffy frowned. "No. Not really.. why?" she lied.
"Just.. I wondered if you knew something about the new guard who I banged my head with?" Miki asked casually.

Is she interested in him? Myungsoo is going to be so happy when I tell she mentioned him! Muffy thought happily.

"What do you want to know!!" Muffy said a little bit too excited. But soon noticed her mistake as she had just told Miki that she wasn't close with the guards. "I mean.. i'm just curious.. I could try to go talk with the new guard if you are too shy to do that.. and find out what you want to know." Muffy said.

"Ahh.. it's not that I'm shy..." Miki said. "I just asked that's all."
"Okay. Well I must go now. Talk to you later." Muffy said walking away.

Miki made sure Muffy was out of sight and walked towards the servant bedrooms. I think she knows Myungsoo.. but why is she lying that she doesn't? What was that note all about?

Miki went to the bedroom and to Muffy's bed. She stared searching for some kind of note there, she looked through Muffy's whole bed, under the matress, inside her pillow, her blanket. She searched through her bedside table and through Muffy's wardrobe. She searched through all Muffy's stuff but found nothing, there was no note.

Miki put everything back to it's place and walked out the room. The note must be with Muffy now. I hope she didn't burn it though.

-

Muffy was walking down the hallway when suddenly a hand pulled her behind a corner. Muffy gasped a bit but saw Myungsoo there.
"You scared me." she whispered.

"Sorry." Myungsoo said.

"I must tell you something. I saw Hoya my guard friend with the servants Miki.. and was he Sungyeol? Anyway I just saw them or heard them talk together. Are you sure they are normal workers?" Myungsoo asked.

"Uhh.. yes. At least I believe so." Muffy said.
"Really? Because I don't. The things they were talking about were a bit strange. They were talking about hurting someone... also me and Sunggyu were involved in that conversation. I have no clue what is going on and why they are talking about hurting people. But we must find out what is going on. I don't think they are normal workers. We must find out before the attack.. I don't want anything to ruin our attack. So what I want you to do is keep an eye on Miki and Sungyeol. I will take care of Hoya. Find out as much as you can about them." Myungsoo told Muffy.

"I've never thought they were suspicious in any way, Miki and Sungyeol?" Muffy looked at Myungsoo.
"They might be really good actors. But they are up to something, that's for sure." Myungsoo said.
"You will help me right?"

Muffy nodded. "I will."
"Good. Talk with you later." Myungsoo patted Muffy's shoulder and walked away.

What is this? Miki and Sungyeol, talking about hurting people? Muffy found it hard to believe they would be up to anything strange, especially thinking of hurting other people.

She sighed and walked to the laundry room.

There were a few other female servants. They were giggling about something. Muffy ignored them and started washing the queens laudry.

"But whose are these?" one girl lifted up some underpants.
"Oh.. they look so cute! Who would wear such underpants!?" another girl giggled.
"I have been trying to figure out all morning but I don't know whose these are." the girl sighed.

Muffy glanced over and recognized the pants. "Those are Prince Woohyun's." she replied and turned back to her laundry.
"What? Prince's. How do you know that? Your charge of laundry isn't even Prince Woohyun's. You only work with the queen don't you Muffy?" the girls looked at Muffy strangely.

"Uhh.... I just guessed." Muffy said a bit flustered.
"I thought so. Only a personal maid of the prince would know such things or a secret lover. But you aren't one." one girl said.

"Oh but I can totally imagine the prince wearing these!" another girl squealed looking at the .
"I really want to see!! If only he would fall in love with me, I might get a chance to see our handsome prince with only such cute little ." one girl giggled.

Muffy sighed at the girls' talks.

--

Meanwhile Woohyun was sitting in his room. He was waiting for something.

"Your highness. Your delivery is here." Sungyeol walked in the room with a small package.
Woohyun jumped up his seat and rushed to Sungyeol, he snatched the package from him and started opening it.

Sungyeol stared at the prince, a wide smile spread on his face soon. "It's perfect!" Woohyun exclaimed staring at a small painting in his hands.

Sungyeol grew curious, seeing Woohyun's excitement. He wanted to see what kind of painting it was.

Woohyun stared at the small picture in his hands, admiring it. It was a portrait of Muffy. She and him had once sneaked out the palace, Woohyun had dressed as a servant and they had went to the nearby village.

They had met a painter on the street and Woohyun had asked him to paint Muffy and deliver the painting later to him. Now it was here and Woohyun couldn't stop staring at the painting.

She is so beautiful. I must find a good place to put it in, but somewhere where people won't see it..

Woohyun started thinking of where to put the painting and he put it down on one desk for a moment while he walked around the room, thinking.

Sungyeol was still standing there. He just couldn't stop his curiousity when he saw him putting the painting on the desk. Trying to be unnoticed Sungyeol sneaked to the desk and looked at the painting.

Sungyeol stared at it surprised. Muffy? It looks just like Muffy? Why does the prince have a painting of Muffy? And he is that excited about it, I have never seen him that excited before about anything.

Sungyeol quickly moved further away when Woohyun turned around again.
"Oh you are still here. You may go." Woohyun said. He still had not stopped smiling.

Sungyeol bowed and left the room.

 

Sungyeol walked away from the Prince's room confused. Was that Muffy's picture? It really looks like her. I'll go ask Miki.

Sungyeol turned the corner, bumping into Myungsoo. Sungyeol landed on the floor. He looked up at Myungsoo, quickly scrambling to his feet.

"Sorry sir." Sungyeol bowed.
"What were you doing in the Prince's room?" Myungsoo asked coldly.
"A package was delivered to the Prince. I brought it in to him." Sungyeol replied.
"Stay here! That's an order." Myungsoo shouted, running to the Prince's room.

Sungyeol obeyed the order and stood in place confused.

"Your highness!" Myungsoo ran into the Prince's room.
Woohyun ran quickly to cover Muffy's painting. "Y-y-yes."
"There was a package delivery. Where is it?" Myungsoo asked.
"I opened it already. Here it is." Woohyun picked up a random notepad that was in his pocket. "It was went from my friend in... Japan."
Myungsoo could obviously hear the lies in Woohyun's voice, but said nothing of it knowing it wasn't his place to ask anymore questions. "Okay. Next time, your highness, please allow the guards to check your packages first. The king has ordered a stricter policy for things going in and out of the castle."
"Thank you." Woohyun nodded.

Myungsoo turned around to leave. In the mirror he could see half of what Woohyun was hiding. Myungsoo couldn't see the face only the hair hat went from the girl's shoulder down to her waist. He's hiding a portrait of a girl. It's sad that the girl will lose her man on Friday.

Myungsoo went outside. To his surprise Sungyeol was still standing there. He has expected Sungyeol to leave.

Myungsoo cleared his throat. "It seems the package was safe. Next time please show a guard the contents before giving packages to the royal family. The King is enforcing stricter rules on everything in the castle."
"Yes, sir." Sungyeol bowed.

Myungsoo started to walk away.

"Excuse me." Sungyeol called out to Myungsoo. "Did you really save Miki yesterday?" Sungyeol asked.
"Why?" Myungsoo asked jealousy. Did you want to save your precious Miki instead?
"It's just guards don't usually help others but the royal family. If you saved Miki I wanted to thank you." Sungyeol replied.
"I did." Myungsoo replied then began walking.
"Thank you!" Sungyeol exclaimed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night had fallen and almost midnight. Sungyeol had informed Miki of Muffy's portrait, and Muffy had already burned the note Myungsoo had given her. Most of the servants had fallen asleep except Sungyeol, Miki, and Muffy. Sungyeol was lying in bed thinking about his parents, Miki was silently debating on what to do with Myungsoo, and Muffy was thinking about Woohyun.

A loud snore from one of the servants echoed through the room. I can't think in here. Miki sat up and left.

Muffy saw Miki leave and quietly followed her. Myungsoo warned that Miki might be plotting something, so I should follow her. Muffy followed Miki, but her thought on Woohyun eventually caused her to lose Miki, so she just wondered around the castle. What do I do? It's so hurtful, the thought of killing Woohyun. I can't lose him. Why did I have to be born in this family that hates his? Why couldn't I be a princess, so I could love him in the open?

Dongwoo's loud snoring next to him was also preventing Sungyeol from his thoughts. Sungyeol quietly left the room to think outside. Umma, Appa what do I do? We're going to continue our revenge that the village wanted. We're going to avenge you as well, but what do we do after that? Once the King is dead will we be on the run forever? Also Miki, I'm worried for her. Hoya and I can continue the revenge, but I think it might be too much for her. She shouldn't have to dirty her precious hands with this revenge.

Meanwhile Myungsoo was also wide awake. He was tossing and turning in his bed thinking about Miki and her relationship with Sungyeol and Hoya. So they maybe going out, or they could just be acting and plotting something. My heart can't decide if I want Miki to be going out with the boys, or if I want Miki to be plotting something. More thoughts of Miki dragged on into Myungsoo's head. Eventually Myungoo got up and left his room.

Miki wondered around the castle. Why is it so hard to decide if I want to kill Myungsoo or not? I know it's not because of Hoya's warning against killing him. Why is it that every time I see Myungsoo and I think of Myungsoo my heart flutters? I hardly even know Myungsoo. If I don't know him why is it so hard to decide to kill him.

Miki eventually found herself in the gardens. She looked up from the ground and she was face to face with Myungsoo, Muffy, and Sungyeol. Everyone was shocked with their encounter. No one said a single word, but just stared at each other.

Myungsoo stared at Miki and Sungyeol. What are they doing up here? Where they planning another meeting?
Why is Muffy and Myungsoo here? Where they planning another meeting? Sungyeol thought to himself.
Why is Sir Myungsoo here? I came here to think of what to do with him, not to meet him. Miki forced herself to look away from Myungsoo.
Muffy stared at Myungsoo and Miki. They really do fit with each other and they both have a shot at love, unlike Woohyun and I.

No one knew what to say or do. They stayed in their spots for what seemed like forever.

Miki looked at each person's eyes. She was trained in eye reading at the village along with a few other things, so she could get a small glimpse of their feelings. Miki looked at Sungyeol's eyes. His was normal carefree eyes were filled with worry for herself and Hoya. Muffy's eyes were filled with sadness and envy. Miki noticed Myungsoo's eyes were entirely on her. She stared back at Myungsoo. Myungsoo's eyes were full of love and confusion. It was like Myungsoo's eyes were calling her, but he was afraid of something.

Myungsoo likes me... and I think I like him back. I can't kill him, but I can't freely be with him. Hoya, Sungyeol, and my mission is more important. Myungsoo will be hurt either way, whether I choose to return his feeling in the open, or I choose not too. I don't think I can keep Hoya's promise of not hurting Myungsoo, but I can keep Hoya's promise of not physically harming Myungsoo. Mianhe. Miki faced Sungyeol unable to look at Myungsoo any longer, or her feelings would pop out of her chest. Think of something to get him to stop liking you. Miki remembered the many fairy tales that Sungyeol use to read to her. That's it.

Miki ran straight to Sungyeol and pulled him into a hug. "Help me." Miki whispered. "I'll explain later, just pretend I'm your lover and kiss me."

Sungyeol pulled Miki out of the hug and kissed her lips. Sungyeol and Miki closed their eyes and Miki deepened the kiss. Sungyeol held her back and neck for support.

Sungyeol was ultimately confused. God, this is so wrong. Miki's my sister, but if it helps Miki I'll do anything. She must have some reason why she's doing this.

Miki couldn't stop the tear that flowed out of her eye. She was thankful that it was on the side that Myungsoo and Muffy were not on. I'm sorry Sungyeol-oppa, and I'm sorry Myungsoo. Forgive me.