Chapter 47

Fantasic Randomness

"Fine. Let's go on a date then. To be honest there is nothing that valuable in this house so I'm not interested in any of that. I only want to know what kind of businesses you have going on. " Muffy shrugged. She was too curious to know more about Siyoon now not to go on a date with him.

"Hey, but I really need money. You really won't take anything?" Siyoon frowned.
"No. But I may consider giving you a few bills if the date is good." Muffy tapped her chin.

"Aha...." Siyoon nodded his head. There was a silence for a few minutes until suddenly Siyoon snapped his fingers. "Follow me. We are going on that date then."
Muffy tilted her head and watched how Siyoon rushed towards the library room. "Why are you just standing there. The date, it's here."

"There?" Muffy followed him in the room. She stopped by the doorframe and watched how Siyoon rushed from other side of the room to the other. He crouched down in front of the desk and pulled something out from underneath. It was a matress,He took some chairs and placed the matress in front of those. He then brough some sheets and blankets and pillows from the other room and placed them on the matress. Lastly he took one blanket and placed it over the chairs, making it look slightly like a tent.

"What exactly are you doing?" Muffy questioned.

"Our place for our date." Siyoon said and again ran to the other room. After a few minutes he came back with a box filled with old Christmas decorations and Christmas lights. It took him a while to hung some of the lights at the back of the chairs but finally after a short while of fixing he had managed to make a really comfortable looking place.

user posted image

Feeling satisfied, Siyoon stood up and clapped his hands together. "Okay! It's ready. Do go in miss."
Muffy frowned. "This doesn't seem much of a date but more like you wanting to sleep with me.."

"No no no no. It's nothing like that. My apartment is very small so everytime I have guests, I make this kind of guest bed for them. I wasn't even thinking about things like those, miss you must be quite dirty minded. This is just the most beautiful place I can have in this house so I thought it would be good for the date. Now please just sit down there." Siyoon said and pushed Muffy a little.
Muffy felt suspicious but she sat down.

Siyoon smiled. "Just a moment."
He disappeared again and after a few minutes came back with a bowl that was filled with oranges.
"Our menu for tonight" Siyoon giggled as he sat down.

"Eating oranges in this little tent place all night. Oh how fascinating of a date this is.." Muffy snorted as she started peeling one orange.

"Hey, we didn't even start properly yet." Siyoon chuckled. He stood up and took a few files and books from the desk then brought them to Muffy.
"If you are interested, I can tell you about my plans against the government now." Siyoon told her. "Then after that... we can do something more fun."

Muffy glanced at Siyoon, she suddenly noticed a small scar just above his left eyebrow.
"Strange." Muffy mumbled and lifted her hand up to touch the scar. "What is?" Siyoon looked at her weirdly.
"You have a scar just like mine. It's above your eyebrow, I have one too and it looks really similar. " Muffy told and pointed at her left eyebrow where she also had a small scar above it.

Siyoon's eyes widened. "Wow! That really is strange!! How did you get that scar!?"
"I've had it ever since I was born." Muffy told.
"REALLY? Met too!!" Siyoon exclaimed.
"Wow.. this is really really strange.." Muffy frowned and touched her own scar.
"It is. Who knows.. this could be fate or something like that." Siyoon chuckled.

Actually the scars that Muffy and Siyoon had were a memory of what had happened in their past lives. 400 years ago they both had been caught by the soldiers once and they both had been marked as criminals by making a small cut with a knife just above their left eyebrow.

Muffy snorted and continued peeling the orange. "There's no such thing as fate, it was only a pure coincidence.. just a really strange one. Now please tell me about your plans."

"Well, I think it's more fun if we think it's fate but fine, i'll tell you now." Siyoon shrugged and opened one file.

Siyoon started explaining carefully about every detail to Muffy. He didn't even know her but for some reason he had a feeling that he could trust her so he freely told her everything.
Muffy also was really interested in everything she heard. They spent hours and hours just talking and eating all the oranges they had in the bowl. They didn't even notice the time passing by.

Despite Muffy first being suspicious, she slowly was starting to warm up to Siyoon, she really enjoyed his company.

-

It was already almost 4am and Siyoon was still explaining things to Muffy when suddenly he felt how Muffy's head dropped down on his shoulder. He stopped talking and looked at her.
She had fell asleep.

Siyoon smiled and carefully closed a book he just had opened. He pushed all the papers and books aside and gently let her lay down. He placed a pillow under her head then laid down beside her. He took one big blanket and covered the both of them with it.

He carefully his side and looked at her. "I was going to ask you if you would have started being my little partner in crime in this. You seem perfect for that. But i'll leave that for tomorrow. Sleep well." he whispered and closed his eyes too.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

 

Miki watched Gongchan prepare lunch. He sloppily used the knife to scale and cut the fish that Miki had caught at the river. Gongchan nearly cut his fingers with the knife every time he sliced the fish.

Miki grew irritated with Gongchan's lack of skill using a knife. She walked up to him and took the knife from him. Gongchan stared in awe as Miki silently and expertly cut and scaled the fish. When she was done she silently walked away. Gongchan smiled in thankfulness and went back to cooking.

Miki washed her hands at the river. She glanced at the time when she was done.

Strange, they're not back yet.

Miki went back to their camping area. She looked at Gongchan, humming as he cooked lunch.

He looks safe for now.

Miki crept into the tent an found her binoculars. She grabbed them and quickly ran outside. She found a tall tree and climbed into it. She peaked around with the binoculars.

In the distance Zico and Kris were riding their bikes back, but she sensed that something was wrong. Kris and Zico were scowling and were speeding back as fast as they could.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next morning Muffy woke up to the sound of someone humming a song that sounded familiar to her. She wasn't sure where she had heard the song before but it sounded familiar. She rubbed her eyes and sat up, she looked around the room and noticed Siyoon reading a book on the floor.

"Oh, you woke up!" Siyoon exclaimed and flashed a smile.
"What time is it?" Muffy mumbled tiredly. "Ummm... about 9am or something the last time I checked." Siyoon replied.
"Did you sleep well?"

Siyoon stared at Muffy who looked like a beggar after just waking up, her hair was very messy and covered half of her face, her cheeks were slightly red from sleeping so long and her eyes were puffy.

Cute. Siyoon thought, he really thought she looked cute despite her looking like a beggar who just crawled out a sewer.

"Why did I sleep here?" Muffy yawned and scratched her arm.
"You fell asleep so I didn't want to wake you up." Siyoon replied.

"Oh.... well that's good then. I should have gone back to work at like 6. But since I'm here, I'll just pass and say that I had important business or something." Muffy said.
Siyoon let out a small chuckle.

"But, is it a must that you work making all that fake money. Is it really important to your life?" he asked.

"What do you mean? Well I don't know.... it's not like my life depends on it I guess and the work is kinda dull and doesn't make me as rich as I thought I would have became. But it's okay I guess." Muffy replied.
"Ahh.. I see." Siyoon nodded his head. "It's just that based on what we talked about yesterday, there was something I wanted to ask."
"What?" Muffy asked.

"You said you hated the government right?" Siyoon said.
"Yeah, why?" Muffy asked.
"Well. Since you said your work was dull and all, why don't you start working together with me. It will be way more interesting, I can guarantee that." Siyoon smiled.
Muffy was silent for a while. "Working with you? But I don't even know you.."

"So? That's the thrill of it isn't it?" Siyoon said. "Besides we have already spent our first night together, I don't consider you a stranger anymore."

Muffy glanced at Siyoon. She was deep in thought. She suddenly looked extremely serious.
"If I agree, will you help me. There is someone who is worthy to die because of their sins."

Siyoon became silent. He stared at Muffy and from her eyes he could suddenly see something very bitter and heartbreaking. He didn't know what it was but his heart started hurting too as he looked at her.

"You mean that... you want me to help you kill someone?" Siyoon asked carefully.
"Not necessarily. But that person... must repay." Muffy said silently.

-----

*FLASHBACK*

It was a beautiful sunny summer day. A young girl was running around a field with her younger brother.
The girl was really bright, lively and friendly to everyone she ever met. She loved her family and friends with all she had. She trusted them and she thought there was nothing in the world that could break that trust.
That young girl was Muffy.

But she had no idea that that great trust she put on people could be broken very easily. That day all that happiness broke into millions of pieces.

"Noona!! Look!! It's hyung!!!" her younger brother suddenly yelled and pointed at a guy who was standing on top of the hill. A wide smile spread on Muffy's face when he saw the guy.

He was someone that Muffy admired so much, he was a friend who had lived in the same neighborhood all their lives and they were really close.

"Let's go Gongchan!" Muffy yelled at her younger brother and started running up the hill. Her brother, Gongchan followed her happily.

"But noona, I think that hyung already finished his training. He looks like a real soldier now." Gongchan said happily as they ran.
"Wow! He really does!" Muffy yelled back.

She looked at the guy who was wearing a cool uniform, something that was rare to see in their neighborhood. He looked so handsome to her. Her eyes sparkled.

They noticed how the guy liften his gun up, pointing it forward. Gongchan and Muffy only thought that he wanted to show off his cool new gun but all of a sudden, they heard a gunshot.

Muffy heard a thud, like someone falling down on the ground.

She stopped running and turned to look and for her great shock she saw Gongchan on the ground, he was holding his chest, he was bleeding.

Muffy's eyes widened. She just stared in shock for a moment, she didn't comprehend this situation. "G-G-Gongc-cchan..."
Muffy crouched down to her brother and as soon as she touched him, her hands became stained with blood also.

"It hurts..." Gongchan cried. Muffy lifted up her bloody hand and stared at it, her shock and confusion grew even bigger.

She couldn't understand why the person that was so close to them, close like family would shoot Gongchan like that, without any reason.

"I- I - I--- I will go get help!" Muffy cried out and got up, she began to run to the other direction but suddenly there was a gunshot again. Muffy froze and turned around, she saw the guy stomping down the hill towards her.

"STOP!!" he shouted. Muffy didn't dare to move, he was getting closer. He was soon so very close to her and grabbed her arm. Muffy looked up to him, the look in his eyes was completely different from before, cold, ruthless.
"If you dare run somewhere and tell, I will kill you too." the guy glared at her.

Muffy glanced at Gongchan who was shaking and seemed to get paler each second.
"But... but... Gongchan.."

"I will take care of him. " the guy said firmly.
"Why did you.... shoot him?" Muffy stuttered.

"Because that was the order. He is a threat. He is dangerous. He needs to be eliminated." the guy told her, he was talking so monotonically, he sounded like a completely different person.
"How would Gongchannie be a threat?" Muffy asked with a shaky voice, tears were building up in her eyes.

"There is a lot you don't know about him." the guy said coldly. He turned to Gongchan again, pointing his gun towards him again. Gongchan was gasping for air, he was scared to death and his whole body was burning.

"No no no NO!! You can't kill my brother!!! What is wrong with you!? What have they done to you!!!? Don't shoot my brother!!!" Muffy shouted, trying to get the gun from him.

"SHUT UP OR YOU WILL DIE BEFORE HIM!!!!" the guy shouted. "And there is something you must know. He is not even your brother. Like I said he is dangerous. He doesn't deserve to be here. So stay back!!!"

"YOU CAN'T KILL HIM!" Muffy screamed when the guy started walking closer to Gonghan again.
He ignored her and made his way to the boy who was bleeding badly. "Get up!" he ordered and kicked Gongchan. Gongchan screamed in pain.

"GET UP I SAID!!!" the guy forcefully pulled Gongchan up and began dragging him up the hill with him.
"H-h-hyung. Why?" Gongchan cried.
"Don't call me that, you filthy thing." the guy shouted.

He noticed that Muffy was trying to get close again so he shot a few bullets towards her but made sure nothing hit her. Muffy gasped and stopped but after a while continued following.

The guy opened the door to his car and pushed Gongchan to the backseat.

Before he got in the car he shot a few times towards Muffy again. "I said stay back !!!! If you follow this car or try anything stupid, I will drive over you. So stop there and keep your mouth shut. And like I said before, Gongchan is not you brother, he never was so don't go being a crybaby about it when I saved you from something that would have destroyed your whole life."

After saying that he got in the car and drove off.

Muffy didn't dare do anything, she was too scared to get killed to follow the car, all she could do was watch how her brother was taken away by a man whom she once had admired more than anyone.
There was no guarantee that Gongchan would live, Muffy feared the worst. She thought that Gongchan would get killed.

From that day on for a few months Muffy searched for Gongchan and tried to find out if he would be alive somewhere but there was no sign about him. In the end all that was left was horrible sadness and loneliness. The once so bright girl slowly began to close her heart from people, she didn't trust anyone anymore, she couldn't be fully happy ever again after that day. She felt so betrayed, so devastated and sad so to try and ease the pain, she closed her heart completely, she became bitter, she became cold.

*END OF FLASHBACK*
----------------------------------------

"Uhh... what exactly did this person do?" Siyoon asked.

"It's none of your business. But I will work with you if you will help me find him and make him pay." Muffy said without any kind of emotions in her voice. "You seem more skilled to help find that person. "

 

"That you have right." Siyoon smirked. "What's this guy's name again?"

-----------------------

"He's a black market informer!" Zico exclaimed. "He hacks into systems and finds information about people then sells them on the black market! If you got enough cash you've got enough information to blackmail anyone."
"So you mean this Siyoon guy could already know what we're on his trail?" Miki asked.
"Yes." Kris replied. "If he's hacked into the soldier's files and he's read our missions. Unless he hasn't hacked into the soldier files or our mission information hasn't been inputted into the database he's probably got some knowledge of us coming."
"He could be expecting us and have left already." Zico scowled.
"What about the girl?" Miki asked.
"Muffy is just a forger." Kris replied. "She makes counterfeit money and runs a under the radar pawn shop."

"Here's your lunch." Gongchan brought them their food.

Kris, Zico, and Miki stopped their discussion. They took the food and began to eat.

Gongchan stood on the side and looked at the floor. His stomach grumbled loudly. He covered his stomach and looked to the side.

"What are you doing?" Kris looked at Gongchan strangely. "Aren't you going to eat?"
"Can I?" Gongchan asked.
"Yeah. Why wouldn't you?" Zico replied.

Gongchan took a plate and a small portion of food.

"That's all?" Zico looked at Gongchan's plate. "You're skinny as it is. Eat more." He put more food onto the plate.

Gongchan gratefully took the food and ate them.

"Hey isn't that my shirt?" Zico asked.
"Yeah. His old one was worn out that it would attract attention." Miki replied.
"Fine." Zico grumbled. "That was my favorite one too."

When they were done eating Gongchan took the dishes and went to wash them at the river. The soldiers took the time to continue their discussion.

"So how to we find them?" Miki asked.
"I was thinking we change our looks a little bit then approach Muffy first." Kris replied. "We know where she works, so she's the easiest target, but Siyoon is harder to find. He doesn't show himself unless he's needed."
"So we kill Muffy first. What's the plan?" Zico asked.

The soldiers became silent as they individually thought of a plan.

Gongchan returned from washing the dishes. He put everything away then went to Miki.

"Anything else I can do?" Gongchan asked.
Zico, and Kris looked at each other smirking then looked at Gongchan. "Actually,"

------------------------

The next morning Kris finished cutting off Zico's dread locks and fixing his new hair. Zico now had a similar hairstyle to Kris.

Miki on the other hand was fixing up Gongchan. She straightened out his clothes and combed his hair. She even covered up Gongchan's bruises with some make-up that the President had provided.

"One last thing." Miki fixed her handkerchief around his wrist that covered his slave mark.

"Let's go!" Zico hollered at Gongchan. "Don't forget the jewelry."

Gongchan quickly grabbed the small pouch of jewels and ran to Zico.

"Remember all the rules we set up and don't question anything that happens or I'll kill you." Zico warned. "You just stay behind me and do as I say."
"Also don't act like a slave." Kris reminded.

Gongchan nodded.

Frankly Gongchan didn't know what was going on at all. All he was told to do was go with Zico to town, so he obeyed.

After Zico and Gongchan left Kris sat down while Miki began to cut Kris's hair.

"You know what to do when he comes back right?" Kris asked.
"I do." Miki replied.