Chapter 28

Fantasic Randomness

Miki's phone rang. She answered her phone. A few minutes later she finished her phone call and turned to everyone.

"Sorry, but I'm heading home. Neighbor called and said the power came back on." Miki informed.

Miki gathered her things and went to the door. Myungsoo followed her. She put on her shoes.

"Do you really have to go?" Myungsoo pouted.
"Sorry." Miki nodded. "It's a school night, plus all of you have rehearsal tomorrow. Your Japan debut is coming up in less than a week. I don't want to bother your debut."
"You're not a bother." Myungsoo took Miki's wrist.
"I might seem like it, but I'm sure your managers think that I, as well as Muffy and the others, are a bother since you should be sleeping instead of entertaining us right now." Miki replied.
"What do they know?" Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. "Stay." He started making cute faces.
"Sorry baby." Miki kissed Myungsoo's cheek. "It's not going to work today."
"Hmpf." Myungsoo pouted.

Miki hugged her pouting boyfriend and left the apartment.

"Wait for me!!" Muffy shouted when Miki got to the parking lot. "Can you drop me off?"
"Sure hope in." Miki winked.

Miki started driving Muffy to her apartment. Miki got a text from Jaejoong.

"Who's that? Myungsoo?" Muffy asked.
"No. It's Jaejoong. He wants to meet up for lunch tomorrow." Miki replied. "Should I go?"

 

"Him again?" Muffy frowned. "Don't you think that he is a bit too eager to see you all the time.. I mean he is just someone who broke your car. I think he is interested in you.."

"Interested in me?" Miki said absent-mindedly.
"Don't say you are interested in Jaejoong?" Muffy looked at Miki.
"What? No!" Miki exclaimed.
"There's only Myungsoo for me. Why would you think that?"

Muffy shrugged. "Just. But I guess you could go for lunch with him, just don't give him any false hopes."
"I'm not going to, besides I don't think he's interested in me anyways." Miki said.

"Okay, just go then if you want to."
Muffy said and looked out the window. It was silent for a moment, Muffy the radio.

"I have a day off tomorrow by the way. I'm so happyy." Muffy smiled.
"Good for you." Miki said.
"What are you planning to do? Meet Woohyun? "

Muffy shook her head. "I'm gonna watch all the dramas I had no time to watch yet and have a niiiiice lazy day."

Miki nodded, she then remembered Woohyun's request.

"By the way, have you ever thought about what kind of ring you want to have when you get engaged one day?" Miki asked casually.
"Engagement ring? Why suddenly?" Muffy asked.
"Just... or any kind of ring, like a couple ring. What kind of rings do you like?" Miki asked.

Muffy tapped her chin. "I..... I like a small ring, maybe made of silver and that would have really tiny diamonds on it. But I want something very simple. How about you?"

"Wait! Are you maybe planning to get couple rings with Myungsoo!!? That's so cute!! I wish Woohyun would get me something like that too... we don't have any couple things even though we've been dating for so long already..." Muffy said.

"Well... I didn't say that i'm going to get a couple ring..." Miki mumbled.

------------------------------------

"WHO!?" Woohyun exclaimed shocked when he suddenly heard a message coming to his phone. He had fell asleep on the living room floor, busy thinking how to propose to Muffy but while he had been planning he had became really tired and he had been knocked out on the floor.
All the other boys were sleeping in their rooms.

Woohyun took his phone from his pocket and read the message.

----------
From: Miki

Muffy likes a simple ring. Made of silver and that has some really tiny diamonds on it.
But I really think you should think again whether you really should propose.

------------

A wide smile spread on Woohyun's face. He totally ignored what Miki had told about thinking about the proposing again and only concentrated on what she had told about the ring.

He texted back to Miki.

--------------------
To: Miki

Thank you!!! You are the best!! Good night!

---------------------

Woohyun rolled on the floor happily.

Tomorrow morning we have no schedule right, only really late in the evening we have something.I'll wake up really early and go find a ring! Or... should I just go straight to Muffy's house after I buy that, she said she has a day off tomorrow didn't she. And if I don't meet her tomorrow, we are going to be in Japan for a while again and I think after I come back from there I won't have any courage to propose. But now I have, now is a good time. Boohyun hyung told me to be confident and that's what I'm going to be. Yes! Let's do this Woohyun!

----------------------------

Next morning~

"Get out already! You've been in the shower for an hour already!!" Sungyeol banged the bathroom door. All the boys were waiting in line for their turn to shower but Woohyun had been in the shower way longer than usual.

"What if he fainted there or something?" Sungjong frowned. He also knocked on the door. "Hyung, are you alright?"

After a few minutes the door finally opened. "Why such a hurry?!" he complained and fixed his hair.
"Are you going somewhere?" Sunggyu asked. Everyone stared at Woohyun who was dressed really neatly, not like he usually dressed in the mornings.
Woohyun shrugged and ran to his room. He picked his wallet and jacket then ran out again.

"Yah, Woohyun! Where do you think you are going?! Manager hyungs are here soon!" Sunggyu stopped Woohyun who was about to run out the door.

"I know I know... but hyung this is something super important. Really! So just let me go, I promise I'll be back before 5pm. And if manager hyungs get mad just put the blame on me. Don't worry. I'll be back on time. But I have something really important to do today and I can't just stay at the dorm right now. It's something important that could affect the rest of my life so don't stop me today hm?" Woohyun pushed Sunggyu aside and ran out the door.

Sunggyu stared at the closed door and snorted. "What's so important?"
"I think he's going to propose to Muffy.." Myungsoo sighed.
"What?!" everyone looked at Myungsoo in disbelief.

"I know.. he's out of his mind." Myungsoo said and walked to his room.

----------------------------------

Woohyun was walking around a nearby park nervously. He had bought a ring already, it was the prettiest one that he could afford. He was holding the ring in his hand, staring at it. He felt extremely nervous.

What if this isn't a good idea after all? What if she will just say no?..... no no no wait... I was supposed to be confident! I have to stop worrying so much.. everything will be fine. Girls always dream of getting proposed right and we have been together for a long time already.. I don't see a reason why she would not want to get engaged with me. And it's not even marriage yet... just asking her to be mine that's all. Stop worrying Woohyun, be confident. Confident!

-------------------------------------

Muffy was sitting on the couch with her laptop on her lap. She was watching Shut up flower boy band. She was only wearing her favorite loose hoodie and shorts and she had not really brushed her hair properly either since she had thought she would be only spending the day by herself.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. Muffy rolled her eyes as she had wanted to spend the day all by herself. She paused the drama and ran to the door.

She opened the door and saw Woohyun standing there looking better than he usually did when he met with Muffy, he looked like a real gentleman.
"Wow, what happened to you?" Muffy blinked her eyes.
"Why? Nothing." Woohyun chuckled and pecked her cheek. "Just woke up baby? It's almost lunch time already.."

"I wasn't sleeping. I just like it this way sometimes." Muffy said and let him in.
"But don't you have schedule?"
"Nope. Just in the evening." Woohyun said, he took off his shoes and jacket but made sure that he remembered to take the ring box in his pocket and hide it there.

Muffy walked back to the living room, she took her laptop and started watching the drama again. Woohyun followed her and sat down beside her.

"Shut up flower boy band? Hey, why are you watching stuffs about Myungsoo!" Woohyun pouted playfully.
"It's a good drama that's why." Muffy nudged him back.

"But you should.." Woohyun started talking but Muffy covered his mouth with her hand. "Shut up you annoying flower boy!" she said.

Woohyun snorted. "You're right. I am a flower boy too. But not annoying."

Muffy said nothing, just concentrated on the drama.
Woohyun sighed. How am I going to even propose? The athmosphere is nowhere near romantic!!

Feeling nervous and frustrated Woohyun got up the couch and went to the kitchen. He saw some cookies on the table and ate a few. "I ate your cookies!" he announced hoping that Muffy would stop watching the drama and pay some attention on him in some way.
"Okay.." Muffy just mumbled nonchalantly.

Aishh.. this is driving me crazy! She should have been happy to see me and not just watching drama like I was air!! How the hell am I going to propose!!?
He looked out the kitchen window and took a deep breath. Okay... why am I again worrying. I don't need to plan it so hard, I just need to do it naturally and with confidence.

He turned around and slowly walked back to the living room. He touched the ring box in his pocket and sat down beside Muffy who still was very immersed into the drama. Muffy giggled a little as she watched it.

Woohyun bit his lip, thinking of what to do.

"Baby hi!" he pecked her cheek.
Muffy glanced at Woohyun then just back at the screen.
"I said hi!!!" Woohyun whined.
"I already said hi to you when you came here." Muffy mumbled.

"No but really when is that ending?" Woohyun asked.
"Well this episode is still like ten minutes but I want to watch another after this one." Muffy said.
"Nooo... you don't have to. How can you be so mean, I came all the way here to see you and you just ignore me because of a drama!" Woohyun pouted.

"Well you don't seem to have anything special to do or say anyway." Muffy rolled her eyes. "You should have just rested at the dorm when you had some free time, I'm sure your manager hyungs will be mad at you for coming here this time too."

"No no. I didn't just come here to hang out. I really have something important in mind." Woohyun said.
"Then what is it?" Muffy sighed, she glanced at Woohyun then again back at the video.

Woohyun stopped the video.
"I was watching that!" Muffy complained and tried to play the video again but Woohyun carried her laptop away.

"If you stop watching that I'll tell you what I wanted to say.." Woohyun said, he sat back beside her.
"I'm sorry for stopping your video but how else can I get your attention."

"It's better be good then, you stopped at a really good part." Muffy pouted.
"I promise, it's going to be good. Way better than the drama, so much better baby." Woohyun smiled.

It was silent. Woohyun suddenly felt really nervous again, his heart was pounding like crazy and his throat felt really dry.

"Hm?" Muffy waited for him to speak.
Woohyun took a deep breath. Be confident. Confident.

Woohyun inched his hand closer to Muffy's and held it. He gently petted her hand with his thumb. "The reason why I came...... the reason...."
he stopped talking as nervousness was about to take over him.
"Is?" Muffy tilted her head.

"You and me... we have been together for quite some time now right? And at least I think that we are really compatible and all that stuff.. I feel really good around you. I have never really felt this comfortable and happy with any girl before. You really are a special girl." Woohyun said.

"I feel really happy and comfortable with you too." Muffy smiled and ruffled Woohyun's hair. "That's the reason you came here, to tell me that?"

"No no no." Woohyun shook his head. "Or kind of yes...."

Muffy frowned. Woohyun squeezed her hand tighter. "The reason why I'm telling you all this is..... because.....I- I- I-- want to--- I want to marry you." he gathered all his courage and said that out loud.

Muffy froze, she had never expected Woohyun to say that next. "W-w-what?"

"Yes." Woohyun got on his knees on the floor in front of her. He took the ring box from his pocket and was about to open it to show the ring but he accidentally dropped it on the floor because his hands were now shaking so much.
He cursed in his head a bit and picked the box up, he opened it and showed to Muffy.

"So... will you be mine? Will you marry me?"

Muffy stared at Woohyun, from the inside she was a mess of different emotions. A part of her felt really happy and her heart was fluttering and she just wanted to scream 'yes'. But then again a part of her felt really shocked and strange about the whole proposal. She really didn't feel like this was the right time, she wasn't ready for such a thing. She had no idea what to say, she didn't want to make Woohyun sad and disappointed but she felt like it would be wrong towards herself to just say 'yes' so carelessly when she obviously didn't want to get married at this time of her life.

Woohyun stared at Muffy, holding the ring. As she wasn't saying anything, he was starting to really panic.
"I-- I mean that... we'd just get engaged. We don't need to get married any time soon.. just I--- I love you!" he cried out in his nervousness.

Muffy still said nothing. There was just the silence that was making Woohyun feel really paranoid and scared.
The two stayed like that for a few minutes. There still was no reply from Muffy. Woohyun was staring straight into her eyes but Muffy looked away from him.

Slowly Woohyun started understanding the meaning of the silence. It was really clear to him why she said nothing and it was killing him inside.

"Muffy... you... you don't want to get engaged with me do you?" Woohyun silently said as he felt all his hopes about the proposal crashing into pieces.

Muffy sadly nodded not looking at Woohyun. She felt really bad but she thought this was the best thing to do right now.

Slowly Woohyun put his hand back down and the ring in his pocket. He felt really sad now, so sad that he was about to cry.
"Okay.. I .... I understand. " he stood up. "I'm sorry...... you just.... uh.. continue watching your drama..."

Muffy looked at Woohyun who sadly turned away from her to leave.

"Woohyun, i'm sorry." Muffy finally spoke, she got up from the couch and walked behind Woohyun, she gently hugged him from behind. "Please don't take this the wrong way... I love you, I love you a lot... but I just.... getting engaged.. right now... I don't think we should do that. Besides you are really busy with Infinite.. think about it.."

"I know... it was really foolish of me to assume you wanted me really. I'm sorry... maybe I made you upset. I'll just go now. Forget about what I said.." Woohyun mumbled and took her hands off him.

Muffy felt really bad when he did so, his voice sounded so pitiful and that was breaking her heart. Woohyun put his shoes back on and took his jacket.

"We will see soon again right?" Muffy asked.
"Mmm... I'll go now." Woohyun said, he was trying hard not to let his tears fall that had dangerously gathered in his eyes.

He was about to open the door but Muffy hugged him again. "Please don't take this too hard. Please just, give me more time. Don't be too sad okay?"

"Okay..." Woohyun just mumbled and walked out the door leaving Muffy stand inside feeling guilty.

As soon as Woohyun got out the house the first tear rolled down his cheek.

I was an idiot! Why did I do that? She doesn't want to marry me ever does she? Does she really even love me? What if she doesn't? I really..... I really should not have done this. Or what if she hated the way I proposed, it wasn't that romantic, it was really horrible actually. Oh my Nam Woohyun, you idiot! You should disappear from earth because you are so stupid! Of course she said no, why did I even expect her to say yes!?

Woohyun kept crying and blaming himself all the way back to Infinite's dorm.