Chapter 40

Fantasic Randomness
The next day Infinite was at the airport ready to return to Korea. Myungsoo was proudly wearing his new shirt from Miki as his fellow members for being too happy about it.

user posted image

Soon the boys were on the plane to Korea. Myungsoo was sweated next to Sunggyu, Hoya next to Dongwoo, Sungyeol next to Sungjong, and Woohyun next to one of their managers. The boys were tired from all of their jam-packed schedules that they had fallen asleep as soon as they took off.

In Korea the airport was crowded. After landing in Korea the boys were flooded with fans. The security and staff members tried to make a path for the boys to exit, but there was no clear visible path.

Infinite bravely made their way through the crowd of girls. Woohyun and Sungyeol dodged a few naughty female hands as Sungjong gripped onto Sunggyu's backpack trying not to get lost in the crowd. Dongwoo held Hoya's hand as he pulled Hoya towards the exit. Fans who spotted the YaDong action screamed in happiness and tried to take pictures.

Myungsoo was making his way through the crowd behind his manager. He silently made his way through the crowd when something caught his eye. Usually he never stopped as he exited the airport, but for the first time he stopped. He looked at one of the fans next to him who was holding a daily gossip magazine.

"Can I have this?" Myungsoo pointed at the magazine in the girl's hand.
"Uh huh." The girl fervently nodded.
"Thanks." Myungsoo smiled as he took the camera in her hand and took a selca with it as payment.

Myungsoo walked away leaving the fangirl stunned and the girls around her envious.

Myungsoo tightly gripped the magazine in he hand as he made his way to the exit. He was suspicious of the front cover of the magazine and he hope his eyes deceived him. He wanted to open the magazine and read it right there, but there was no time. He had to wait until he was safe inside the van.

After an antagonizing half an hour walking through the crowd Infinite finally got into the van. As soon as he sat down he unraveled the magazine. Myungsoo froze. Everything around him disappeared, he couldn't even tell it he was breathing or not.

"Myungsoo! Move over!" Sungyeol exclaimed trying to get into the car. "Myungsoo!"

Sungyeol snatched the magazine and pushed Myungsoo deeper into the van. Sungyeol sat down next to Myungsoo and closed the door.

"What's so good about this that you have to lock me out of the van?" Sungyeol asked.

Sungyeol looked at the magazine cover and gasped. Right on the front page was the headline JYJ's Jaejoong has a girlfriend, and a picture of Jaejoong and a girl, whose face was blurry but looked like Miki, standing by what looked like Miki's car, kissing. A second and third smaller picture was at the bottom of the two having dinner and eating ice cream together.

Noticing Sungyeol and Myungsoo's strange behavior the boys gather around to see the magazine. They all gasped at the cover.

"Myungsoo-hyung?" Sungjong looked at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo had turned white as a sheet. His worst feat had just come alive. Miki was cheating on him and dating Jaejoong behind his back.

"It's probably fake." Sunggyu tried to reason with Myungsoo and make him feel better. "You know the paparazzi like to make stuff up. It's probably just camera angles."
"She was at our concert in Japan. She couldn't have the time to cheat on you. She might still be in Japan." Dongwoo tried to comfort him.
"Yeah Miki's not like that. He'd never cheat on you." Sungyeol hugged his best friend. "Miki loves you."

------------

Meanwhile Miki was at Infinite's dorm with the other girls finishing up last minute things for Infinite's debut party and Dongwoo's birthday party. The girls had been up all day and night planning for the party and they were excited to see their boyfriends again.

"Do you think this is enough?" Hyewon asked looking at the drinks.
"We might need a little bit more." Muffy replied.
"Maybe we could get some soju or alcohol too. The managers might let them drink a little bit tonight since it's a special day." Eunji poked her head out of the kitchen.
"I'll go get it." Miki volunteered. "I forgot to bring the boys' present and it's at home, so I'll go buy some drinks while I'm out. I'll be back soon. If they come home before me you can start the party without me."

Miki left to get the drinks and her presents for the boys'.

A few seconds after Miki disappeared around the corner, Infinite's van pulled up around it.

 

The boys walked inside in silence. They all wanted to say something to Myungsoo to make him less paranoid and calm but they all had ran out of things to say. They only could watch how Myungsoo walked towards the door with a really dark expression on his face.

The managers had went to the Woollim office for a while so it was only the members.

"Let's just... sleep early tonight and think about all that tomorrow hm? Myungsoo you try to talk with Miki tomorrow okay?" Sunggyu said as he took the keys to open the door. He turned the key in the lock and opened the door.

Hoya the lights, took off his shoes and walked in to the living room. "What's that? I don't remember anyone putting things like that up there before we left..." he saw a huge curtain hanging in the middle of the living room from a string that was attached on the walls with tape.

"Eh?" Sungyeol ran to the strange curtain and was just about to pull it down when it suddenly dropped down by itself. Stunned the boys stared at the sight they saw behind the curtain. There was the table that had a lot of good food in it and behind it there was a sign saying 'Welcome home and Happy Birthday Dongwoo!!' Different colored balloons were hanging from each side of the sign.
But there was no one. Only the food.

With his eyes Sungyeol followed the string that lead into the kitchen. He smirked. "Come out! I know who you are!"
Right away they heard a familiar giggle from the kitchen. "Hyewonnie!!!!!"

Sungyeol shouted and ran to the kitchen but before he could reach there, Hyewon and Eunji ran out from the kitchen yelling. "SURPRISE!!!"
"Eunji!!!!" Dongwoo ran to his girlfriend. He grabbed her in his arms and spun her in the air. "It was my birthday???"

Sungyeol also tried to catch Hyewon but she ran away laughing mischieviously. "Hey, come here and love me!"

"But...." Woohyun looked around trying to find Muffy.
But suddenly Woohyun heard a weird scream behind him and hands hitting his shoulders.
"AHHHHH !!!" Woohyun yelled shocked and held his chest. He turned around and found Muffy there laughing at him.

"Where did you even come from?!!" Woohyun exclaimed still in shock.
"She jumped out there under our jackets!" Sunggyu chuckled pointing at a coat rack.
"Aigoo!!! " Woohyun looked at Muffy. He couldn't help but smile when he saw her finally in front of his eyes.

Muffy nudged at him as he was grinning at her. "What are you looking at? Go to the living room."
"Guess what.." Woohyun said taking a step closer to her.
"What?" Muffy asked.
"I missed you." Woohyun said.
"I know that." Muffy chuckled.
"I mean... I missed you almost soooo much that my heart was torn apart!" Woohyun said.
"Don't exaggerate..." Sungjong mumbled.
"Hi Muffy." he waved at her.

"Hi Sungjonggie!" Muffy smiled and gave the boy a hug. But she had not hugged Sungjong for even a second when Woohyun pulled her away from Sungjong and buried her body on his embrace instead.
"It's my hug turn first!" Woohyun complained.

Sunggyu looked around. "But... Miki... she isn't here?"
Myungsoo felt even worse when Miki was nowhere to be seen. He just silently stood by the door without moving anywhere.

All the boys turned serious again and looked at Myungsoo.

"Oh, she will be here soon. She just went to buy something we needed." Eunji replied. Myungsoo glanced at Eunji, then finally moved away from the door only to walk straight into his room, closing the door.
"Is something wrong with him?" Muffy frowned.

Woohyun cleared his throat a bit and held her had. "Let's go sit there first hm?"
Woohyun lead his girlfriend on the couch.

"Well.... there was just something we saw just now on this magazine... uhmm..." Sunggyu glanced at Myungsoo's room's door and sighed. "There was this article about Jaejoong sshi having a girlfriend and the girl in that picture looked a lot like Miki..."
"What?!!" the girls exclaimed in unison.

"I don't think it's true though.. it could be the camera angles but it looked like they were kissing.." Woohyun mumbled.
"But you were at our showcase right?" Dongwoo said.
"You saw us??" Eunji asked.
"I was sure I saw you at the front row... and your presents after getting those we knew." Dongwoo chuckled.

"But did Miki.."

Ding Dong~ ~ ~
just then the doorbell rang. Everyone froze. They only looked at each other without doing anything for a few seconds.
Hoya cleared his throat and finally walked to the door. "I'll get it.."

"OH! Hoya!! You guys already came!!" Miki exclaimed happily when he saw him.
"Yeah... hi~" Hoya greeted her but Miki could right away sense that something was a bit off. "I'll help you with that.." Hoya took the shopping bags from Miki and closed the door.
"Thanks." Miki smiled and followed Hoya to the living room.

"Welcome home!!" Miki exclaimed when she saw everyone in the living room. The boys one by one greeted her but the tone of their voice sounded serious, not cheerful as she had expected. She frowned as she tried to find Myungsoo among the boys but didn't see him.
"Where's Myungsoo? The bathroom?" Miki asked.

"Umm.. Miki. I think you should go talk to him a bit. He's there. " Sunggyu said seriously and pointed at the door.
"Oh... " Miki felt strange because of the athmosphere. Talk about what? Why can't he talk here, we have a party after all...

Everyone's eyes followed Miki as she walked to Myungsoo's room.

"Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding.." Sungjong mumbled.
"I really hope so too.." Sunggyu sighed.

"So.. should we eat now or wait for them to talk first?" Sungyeol asked gazing at the food.
"I think it's fine that we eat now. It might take them a while.." Sunggyu said.
"Yeah, we can leave them some food." Dongwoo said.

Slowly the other boys gathered around the table, and ate. But everyone stayed very silent, if they talked they talked with a really low voice. They were just waiting and fearing that soon they would hear yelling from Myungsoo's room that could mean something very bad.