Chapter 49

Fantasic Randomness

Zico walked into pawn shop and Gongchan followed behind closely. Zico scanned the empty shop for Seungyeon.

"Can I help you?" Jinwoon came out from behind the counter.
"We'd like to sell these." Zico said pushing Gongchan forward.

Gongchan carefully took the jewels out of the pouch and placed them on the counter. Jinwoon took a jewel and carefully examined them. He was quick to notice that the jewels were real and worth a lot.

"I don't see these real gems these days. It's worth quite a lot of money." Jinwoon looked up from the jewel at Gongchan who was standing in front of him. "Gongchan? Is that you?"

Gongchan stared at Jinwoon strangely trying to figure out who he was and how he knew his name.

"You know him?" Zico asked.
"No." Gongchan shook his head.

Zico turned his attention to Jinwoon.

How does this guy know Gongchan if Gongchan himself doesn't know him? Unless... Muffy and Siyoon have already met and Siyoon's already pulled up information on us! That means since we've already been discovered we don't have to go undercover or hold back.

Zico smirked.

"Sorry my mistake." Jinwoon covered up. "You just look familiar-"

Zico pulled a gun in Jinwoon's face. Jinwoon and Gongchan took a step back.

"Put the jewels away." Zico ordered Gongchan.

Gongchan quickly did as he was told with shaky hands.

"Now," Zico turned to Jinwoon. "Where's Muffy and Siyoon?"
"I don't know." Jinwoon replied honestly.
"Wrong answer." Zico stepped closer. "One more time. Where are they?"
"I don't know." Jinwoon squeaked. "She left early yesterday."
"I see." Zico whispered.

He pulled Gongchan towards the exit. Gongchan quickly looked back at Jinwoon before stumbling on his own feet.

Zico turned around. "I should leave them a message."

Zico pushed Gongchan into the wall. "Don't move."

Zico went around wrecking the shop. He knocked down all of the selves and broke everything in his path. He made sure that all of the expensive things that would be black marketed were broken beyond repair.

Meanwhile Jinwoon was frozen in his spot. He always saw violence outside, but it was never directed towards him so he was quite frightened.

Zico turned his attention towards Jinwoon when he was done with the shop. "I think you should relay a message for me."

Zico pulled out his gun and shot a few bullets at Jinwoon. Jinwoon slouched down onto the floor bleeding out.

Zico grabbed Gongchan's hand and quickly fled the scene.

-------------------------------

Kris and Miki waited for Zico and Gongchan at their new camp they had set up. They moved to another part of the forest which was more darker and dense then the area by the river.

A few shots were heard in the distance. Miki and Kris looked at each other. They knew Zico and Gongchan would be back soon.

"Don't forget." Kris reminded Miki.

An hour later Zico arrived with Gongchan. Gongchan got off the bike and stared at the ground.

I thought they were different from all of my previous masters. I guess I was just being too hopeful. I shouldn't believe all of those fairytales about freedom that the other slaves told me about.

Kris watched Gongchan then turned to Miki. Miki nodded.

"Hey you okay?" Miki carefully approached Gongchan. "Did something bad happen?"

When Gongchan said nothing she gently took Gongchan's arm and led him to the tent.

"What happened?" Kris asked.
"They know about us." Zico replied. "They even knew that we have Gongchan with us. Muffy and Siyoon already met and left yesterday."
"Then those gunshots were really yours." Kris sighed. "I was hoping that we'd take care of Siyoon and Muffy as quickly as we could without too much violence, but I guess that was wishful thinking on my side. We have to finish this mission as soon as possible."
"What about Gongchan?" Zico asked. "They were able to identify him."
"Take him with us." Kris replied. "Human shield."
"Or extra baggage." Zico mumbled.
Kris rolled his eyes. "Kid's lived out here all his life. He should know all of the activities and back streets out here. Miki's going to out all the information out of the kid before we release him."

 

"I think I have stop by at the shop to explain why I wasn't there today.." Muffy told Siyoon who was just finishing up her new ID card.

He looked at her. "And tell them you are quitting right?"
"Uhh... yeah.." Muffy hesitated for a moment.
"I will come with you. Maybe i'll get your friend give me some money from these." Siyoon pointed at the necklace in his neck. "Maybe he isn't as picky as you."
"Do whatever you want." Muffy shrugged and headed towards the door.

"Wait for me!!" Siyoon exclaimed and ran after her, getting out the door just before it closed.

Siyoon looked up to the sky as they walked. He took a deep breath. "Ahh, the weather is so good today. Doesn't it feel nice to be outside after being stuck in my stuffy room all night."
Muffy didn't reply, she only looked at the bright blue sky.

"I just realized that we didn't get to know each other too well yet, we already spent a night together but all I know is your name and that you make fake money and that you are a bit cold and that there is someone you want to get hurt. Why don't we do a proper introduction of ourselves?" Siyoon suggested.

Muffy only glanced at Siyoon but did not say anything. She didn't usually like to have little chit chats like these nor did she want people to know too much about her.

"How old are you? I'm 26. I bet you are younger than me though.. call me oppa. " Siyoon patted at his chest.
"Don't want to." Muffy muttered.

"Oh, then you must be a noona to me?" Siyoon exclaimed.
"I'm not." she replied shortly.
"Aigoo~ then you are younger than me." Siyoon grinned and poked her cheek a little.
Muffy gave him a little glare.

"You have any hobbies?" Siyoon continued asking questions. "Favorite color? I like red!"
"I don't have one." Muffy said.

"Oh really? No hobbies, no favorite color. Your life must be quite boring. Then what do you do all the time, you only like making all that fake money, that's all?" Siyoon frowned. "Oh oh oh wait! I saw you in that CD store! There must be something you like, some band you are fangirling over!? There is right? What do you like?"

He looked at Muffy excitedly, hoping he could dig some information of her now.

Muffy glanced at him, then with a low voice said. "I only like dead cats."
Siyoon blinked his eyes. "You like what?"

"Dead cats." Muffy said casually. She just wanted the conversation to end so she gave him a very ridiculous answer.
Siyoon was silent but then poked her shoulder. "Heyy! You are just trying to scare me aren't you or you are trying to create some image to yourself that you are some creep aren't you because you want to be cool?You shouldn't say stuff like those, cats are the best when they are alive, how can you say you want such cute fluffy things to be dead."

Muffy shrugged. "You wanted to know what I liked."
Siyoon snorted. "Fine."
I will dig the real her out of this girl sooner or later.

After a while of more walking they reached the shop. Muffy walked the stairs down to the basement and opened the door. Siyoon followed closely.
She tried to push the door open but something seemed to be blocking it.

"What is this.." she mumbled and pushed the door harder.

"H-h-h-he-help--" suddenly a silent cry of help was heard from behind the door.
Muffy pushed the door a bit more so that she could get inside. She gasped at the sight in front of her. Jinwoon laid on the floor by the door, He was holding his chest in pain and all over the floor there was blood.

"JINWOON!" Muffy crouched down to him.
"You go get a doctor!" Muffy shouted to Siyoon.

"NO!" Jinwoon shouted. "I-i-if a doctor comes h-h-here o-o-our business will be discovered and and....I'm not.. not going to die."

Siyoon stared at Jinwoon, he was thinking of what to do. "I think I might know what to do! Someone shot you right? We must remove the bullets. Do you have a knife, and tweezers and alcohol?"
"Yeah. There in that closet there's some things." Muffy pointed.

Siyoon immediately ran to the closet. He didn't really know what he was doing but he wanted to help somehow.

"S-s-see? I'm not going to die. Don't get a doctor." Jinwoon said weakly. "You must not then. You must not die!!!" It really hurt Muffy to see Jinwoon like this, he looked so much like Gongchan had years ago when he had been shot. He was shaking, he was pale. Seeing all the blood made her feel dizzy.

"B-but Muffy..." Jinwoon said, almost whispering.
"Yes?" Muffy asked.

"I-- I saw.." Jinwoon coughed some blood from his mouth. Muffy's face turned pale when she saw the blood falling down his mouth down his chin and neck and coloring his shirt dark red.

"Gongchan.... I saw.. h-h-him." Jinwoon stuttered.

"What??! Gongchan? What do you mean?!" Muffy's eyes widened.
"With a man. Gongchan... he came in with that man... a-a-and they were searching for you and someone else... someone... Si.... Si.... I can't remember who. But t-th-they shot me.... AHHH" Jinwoon suddenly screamed in pain, he was gasping for air as the pain was starting to become unbearable.

"Hurry up!!" Muffy yelled at Siyoon.
"I can't find anything!!!" Siyoon shouted in panic.

Muffy turned back to Jinwoon. "Continue! You saw Gongchan?? He really was here??! It was really him?? What did that other man look like?!!"

"I-- think it was Gongchan.... and.... and...... AGHHHHHHHH it hurts! I'm going to die aren't I? I am ... I..... please save me! Please help me! I don't want to.... ahhhhhhh" Jinwoon couldn't finish his explanation as the fear and pain were taking over.

Muffy looked at Siyoon who was still struggling to find the things, Muffy got up quickly and ran to help him find them.
"Here!" Muffy took a small basket out the closet, finding the tweezers and the knife from there.

"Good! Now the alcohol!" Siyoon exclaimed.
"Wait." Muffy ran towards a desk where she saw a bottle of alcohol. But as she was rushing there suddenly she felt something really strange. It was suddenly very quiet, too quiet. From Jinwoon's direction, no more cries and painful gasps came out. There was only silence.

Muffy was afraid to turn and look as she already inside could feel that something had happened. Siyoon also sensed something wrong.

Muffy and Siyoon both slowly turned to look towards Jinwoon.

"He.. didn't die. Did he?" Siyoon whispered as he stared at the figure that wasn't moving anymore.

With her heart jumping up and down nervously, she started walking towards Jinwoon.
"Jinwoon." she called him. There was no reaction. "Jinwoon!" she called him a bit louder. No reaction again. "JINWOON!!" she shouted.

Siyoon went to Jinwoon and carefully touched his neck. There was no pulse. He checked if he was breathing, he wasn't.
"I think he is dead." Siyoon said carefully and stepped back from the body.

Muffy froze. Huge pain wrapped all around her, she felt like crying but nothing came out. She just felt like a huge painful ball was stuck in that she couldn't get out.
"Dead...?" she whispered.

"I'm sorry...."Siyoon carefully patted her shoulder. Muffy didn't turn her eyes from Jinwoon, she didn't move at all, she just stared as if she had been frozen to that spot.

"I think that we need some help to take his body out from here, he has to be buried somewhere. Don't worry, we don't need to get any kind of authority involved to this. Actually there's some people I know that will be a good help. Wait here for a while hm? I'll try to be fast before any too curious neighbors come here to see what has happened. I mean someone must have heard the shooting. " Siyoon said gently.

He looked at Muffy who just stared down then he ran out the door to get people help get Jinwoon's body buried.

-

Siyoon watched how his friends took Jinwoon's body out. Muffy had not moved at all, he eyes were still glued to the spot where Jinwoon had laid.
Siyoon said a few words to his friends then closed the door.

"They will bury him, I will let you know where." Siyoon said. He walked close to her, right in front of her.
"Just cry if you need to." he said gently.
"You will feel better."

Maybe she is embarrassed to cry in front of me. Siyoon patted her shoulder then walked to the other side of the shop to let her be alone.

An hour passed. Siyoon checked on Muffy from time to time but she continued only standing at the same spot, staring at the same spot, as if time had stopped for her.
An other hour passed. Siyoon had already cleaned the floor from all the blood and cleaned the messy place. Muffy still had not moved nor had she cried.

Siyoon was getting frustrated to her not moving at all, he felt really bad for her.

Finally he approached her again and without any hesitation he hugged her, wanting to comfort her somehow. She didn't move but she did let him hug her.

"Don't worry. We will find out who did this." Siyoon whispered and her back gently as he held her in his embrace. The two stayed like that for about ten minutes.

As Siyoon was holding her in his arms like that, he suddenly felt as if something like this had happened before, as if he had held her like this before although he knew that he never had.

Finally, after hours, Muffy started moving a little bit.

"He said he saw Gongchan...." she whispered.

"Gongchan? Who is that?" Siyoon pulled back from her.

Muffy lifted up her head and looked straight into Siyoon's eyes. Her eyes were as if they had been filled with darkness, sadness, pain, they were filled with many things that just needed to be let out but she couldn't do that.

"My brother." Muffy said seriously.

 

An hour had passed since Miki brought Gongchan into the tent. Gongchan sat silently staring motionlessly at his hands.

Dirty! Filthy! Disgusting! Slave! Mongrel! Waste of space! Peasant! Adulterer! ! Murderer!

Horrible names he'd been called in the past by his previous masters echoed in his head. His blood covered hands slowly began to fill with Jinwoon's blood.

"It's not the first time." Gongchan whispered.

Miki looked up at Gongchan.

"I've seen people get killed.... And I've killed too." He admitted with shaky voice. "I must have done something bad in my past life."
Miki slowly inched toward Gongchan. "What do you mean?"

Gongchan grew silent again. Miki patiently waited.

"A few years ago I killed my master. He always lock me in his bedroom and do weird stuff to me. It hurt. I hated it. I couldn't take it anymore. I used the ropes he tied me up with... The next thing I knew it was wrapped it around his neck and he wasn't breathing." Gongchan cried. "I didn't mean to."

Miki wrapped her arms around the boy.

"Today.... Zico..... he killed someone." Gongchan sniffed. "He made me remember what I don't want to remember..... Are you going to kill me too?"

Miki said nothing. More tears filled Gongchan's eyes as he realized Zico, Kris, and Miki would like exactly like all his other masters. Gongchan squeezed Miki tighter as he silently cried harder.